Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, 101 said:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18531056.watch-police-kettle-group-hundreds-turn-george-square-protest/

Not the same scale but look at the police presence. Was it the same at Ibrox yesterday I have luckily not seen a huge amount beyond Gerard's car going through the crowd. But you have to ask why police horses weren't used to make the gap bigger and contain the crowd.

Theres far more context to the article you’ve linked than your assumption, for one the BLM protest was at Glasgow Green as the protest was far too big for George Square and although not advised most of the people tried to socially distance. A small group go up to george square to square up to the far right and were marched away. Had there been some kind of counter protest yesterday at ibrox you’d likely have seen similar approach. 
As for ‘why didnt they get the horses’ well there’s probably only a finite number of horses and perhaps they were needed elsewhere, but ultimately I wouldnt think it reasonable to put horses into a crowd using pyrotechnics as one of them hearing a bang despite being trained could go on a bolt and hurt a lot of people, just my thoughts but im sure you’re far more experienced than I am and you’ll be right.

6 hours ago, LargsTON said:

How old are you?  I've worked out I'd need my first jab no later than April 10th if we've any chance of getting abroad in July.    I'm 43 so hoping to get word in the next 2-3 weeks.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Why do you have to ask this?

I have only lived in the East but there surely isn't people in police scotland that would let a football team cloud their judgment or effect their response. I would hope anyway.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Theres far more context to the article you’ve linked than your assumption, for one the BLM protest was at Glasgow Green as the protest was far too big for George Square and although not advised most of the people tried to socially distance. A small group go up to george square to square up to the far right and were marched away. Had there been some kind of counter protest yesterday at ibrox you’d likely have seen similar approach. 
As for ‘why didnt they get the horses’ well there’s probably only a finite number of horses and perhaps they were needed elsewhere, but ultimately I wouldnt think it reasonable to put horses into a crowd using pyrotechnics as one of them hearing a bang despite being trained could go on a bolt and hurt a lot of people, just my thoughts but im sure you’re far more experienced than I am and you’ll be right.

Watching the pictures from that day at George Square it was only too small because the police kept them in half the square. 

Perhaps you're right maybe if there had been Celtic fans along for a scrap then they would have been kettled away.

As for the horses being else where unlikely, they would also be used to dealing with separating crowds in such a way that seemed difficult yesterday as cars drove through the crowd, as for the fireworks you would have to be off your rocker to set off a firework or anything else that made a loud noise near a horse not only with you probably get huckled but being run over by a horse isn't going to be a nice experience horses can and are used in such circumstances and if folk get fucked up it's usually met with "well what were you doing there in the first place and what did you expect" 

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

I have only lived in the East but there surely isn't people in police scotland that would let a football team cloud their judgment or effect their response. I would hope anyway.

Watching the pictures from that day at George Square it was only too small because the police kept them in half the square. 
-no tbf to the organisers the event at Glasgow green they genuinely did try to observe 2mtr social distancing and mask wearing, not possible at George Square. 

Perhaps you're right maybe if there had been Celtic fans along for a scrap then they would have been kettled away.

-maybe thats who were kettled away, who knows?

As for the horses being else where unlikely,

-is it? Im led to believe they are a Scotland wide resource and are ‘bid’ for so maybe they were somewhere else? 

they would also be used to dealing with separating crowds in such a way that seemed difficult yesterday as cars drove through the crowd, as for the fireworks you would have to be off your rocker to set off a firework or anything else that made a loud noise near a horse not only with you probably get huckled but being run over by a horse isn't going to be a nice experience horses can and are used in such circumstances and if folk get fucked up it's usually met with "well what were you doing there in the first place and what did you expect" 

-well it absolutely does happen so thats possibly why they arent used for traffic control at events and may not be put in amongst flares and flashbangs. 

Do you have a source or article about the number of Covid infections in hospital? Not doing a “source?” type auto response but genuinely interested.

ETA - that should’ve been a reply to @Detournement

Edited by ICTChris

13 minutes ago, Detournement said:

No one got hurt, no one got arrested. That's good policing. 

Anyone with half a brain can work out that the Covid risk is less than the average big supermarket on a weekend day. 

It’s not really though is it?  You have a load of people breaking the law.  The police are supposed to uphold the law.

Anyone with half a brain can work out that the Covid risk is less than the average big supermarket on a weekend day. 

Still tho
You made your gran die you made your gran die
Glasgow rangers you let your gran die

20 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Do you have a source or article about the number of Covid infections in hospital? Not doing a “source?” type auto response but genuinely interested.

ETA - that should’ve been a reply to @Detournement

In the general population the PARF for recent exposure to hospital peaked at 46% in May 2020 and again at 64% in December 2020

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.03.02.21252734v1

Perhaps someone should have been arrested.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19142664.amp/?__twitter_impression=true

[emoji51]

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Just out of interest, what do you propose they do? Give us the benefit of your expertise? 

Should have been dealt with no differently to the various illegal raves that were in contradiction of the law and broken up.

Not taking any action legitimises these actions and therefore makes it more likely they will re-occur.  Do you think it’s fair that one section of society is allowed to break the law while another is huckled and fined?  The police have shat it and taken the easy way out.

Lauding zero arrests for blatant law breaking is a bizarre attitude.

1 hour ago, s_dog said:

Yep I agree the vaccine roll-out getting completed asap is the best way forward. It's not in any way definite it's going to be the complete solution though, at least not early on, while for example the rest of Europe is well behind on vaccines.

The only definite fallacy is doing the same thing as last summer and expecting a completely different outcome, just because of the vaccine. Most of us have high hopes that will in a few months time that won't be true, and just because of the vaccine, we can start to live as normal again. Time will tell. 

Hahahaha, what? 

Why on earth would there NOT be a different outcome? The vaccine is hardly an inconsequential footnote in our fight against it. 

I think this may have been touched upon before, but is it normal to feel a bit of fatigue after getting the Oxford vaccine?? Wife had her first one yesterday but has been very tired since.

1 minute ago, Scosha said:

Good luck to the polis trying to hand out fines from now on. Show them this and you’ll get away with anything: 

Do agree with you, unless theres a significant investigation and people identified after this for prosecution then aye you’d have a hard time winning a court case for a covid breach. Dont get me wrong im fucking raging about all this, ive had 3 family members die and not even been able to go to my cousins funeral on friday there, but theres so much limited, you dive in and you spark a riot which will go on much longer than simply just marching them through, yes it looks awful, but whatever approach is adopted then someones going to be unhappy.