Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The Greek government has already said that proof of vaccines would be an alternative to a negative PCR test: most likely taken before leaving your home country. 
The Club Med countries will be making it as easy as possible to get Brits in this summer because they have huge numbers of jobs and economic activity depending on reopening to mass tourism.
Have we had anything else about what proof of vaccination will be for the UK?

I know the EU have announced their Digital Green Pass which will provide proof that a person has received a Covid jab, alongside showing test results for those who haven’t received a vaccine.

All we seem to have has is some meaningless waffle about looking at a vaccine passport.

It would be nice to know soon - at least how it will operate and timescales.

And so long as it is just for international travel.

I think with the narrative shifting towards the idea that only the clinically vulnerable need vaccinated for covid you may see a shift in thinking to giving only the jcvi list plus health workers the two doses and a single dose for all others given the news on tcell and pre-existing immunity which has been pointed at recently. If that is indeed the case then it’ll not just the club med countries which will open up. 

Oh no no anyone and i mean anyone who doesn’t get it should have their bank account frozen get served an eviction notice lose their job and be forced to live off the grid
Yknow just like we do with the mandatory flu vaccine...

37 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Who is being xenophobic? Florida man is a trait that is promoted by Americans, first time i heard the term was a radio station in Florida... 

Nice of you to google but again, where did i say only on this thread? Plenty of people using the ‘if youre not snp youre a tory’ rhetoric all over here and twitter etc. Its almost as if the SNP lot are now resorting to desperate tactics to almost try and shame people into voting for them because they can’t point to anything positive done by them to convince you, when the unionist side tried this tactic in indy ref it was labelled as project fear.

Fair enough. I assumed you were talking about this thread which isn't true. Nor is it true if you oppose restrictions on here you're branded a tory. In fact, that would be bizarre given the tories are enforcing broadly similar (in some ways more strict) restrictions in England and their Scottish branch haven't argued against restrictions here afaik 

All that has been said is that putting faith in, and cheering on, tory policies is a bit daft given their track record of consistently binning anything that is inconvenient after promising the earth. 

Folk seem really quick to characterise motive in black and white terms when it really isn't as simple as that imo. 

Absolutely mental that the c***s we’ve had to stay inside for a year to save will be the same c***s able to swan off on holiday after having their jabs, leaving everyone else at home 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

Why is everyone getting upset over something thst hasn’t happened yet?
I’m goin to go on a limb and say that for the eu at least, once they have good enough vaccine coverage of their own citizens there will be no requirement to show proof or be denied entry.
Keep in mind europe has open borders in normal times and many people cross borders daily for numerous reasons
Yes i know brexit makes us a bit different but my guess is that any such vaccine entry requirements could end up only being for travellers from countries where covid is still a serious issue and vaccination rates are low
Corridors will likely become a thing for a while

2 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

So we've moved on from covid variants to completely different viruses altogether.

Get fucked.

I'm going to join the gammon da's if they pull this shit again. 

Just now, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Why is everyone getting upset over something thst hasn’t happened yet?
I’m goin to go on a limb and say that for the eu at least, once they have good enough vaccine coverage of their own citizens there will be no requirement to show proof or be denied entry.
Keep in mind europe has open borders in normal times and many people cross borders daily for numerous reasons
Yes i know brexit makes us a bit different but my guess is that any such vaccine entry requirements could end up only being for travellers from countries where covid is still a serious issue and vaccination rates are low
Corridors will likely become a thing for a while

That is one or the main purposes of this thread these days. 

9 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Absolutely mental that the c***s we’ve had to stay inside for a year to save will be the same c***s able to swan off on holiday after having their jabs, leaving everyone else at home 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

But we really appreciate it, thanks ever so much.

14 hours ago, red23 said:

To be fair it's understandable - you just can't win with unhinged bigots. You can't educate morons, just look at the way they eat their way in to an early grave at 50.

Old firm fans don't have the capacity to understand or admit when they acting like tools, they lack any empathy what so ever and their single existence is simply to get one over on each other.

On the other hand, if more fans of the other 40 clubs told the police and stewards to f**k off like Old Firm supporters do Scottish football would be a better place for it.

12 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

So we've moved on from covid variants to completely different viruses altogether.

Just checking here: since this 'Public Health England' and not someone who  (emphasis their own) merely advises the Government but is never out the press giving statements, are we allowed to be concerned about these remarks? 

This is desperate stuff, here. Anything to keep the fear in place and they've even invented imaginary viruses too! 

Edited by Michael W

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Just checking here - since this 'Public Health England' and not someone who  (emphasis their own) merely advises the Government but is never out the press giving statements, are we allowed to be concerned about these remarks? 

No because it is in England, not Scotland so absolutely to do with us.

Anyway if you read the full story I don't think what she is saying is that bad. Just that she needs to be prepared for the worst case scenario, but that she expects that we will be able to open in the summer as expected.

13 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Fair enough. I assumed you were talking about this thread which isn't true. Nor is it true if you oppose restrictions on here you're branded a tory. In fact, that would be bizarre given the tories are enforcing broadly similar (in some ways more strict) restrictions in England and their Scottish branch haven't argued against restrictions here afaik 

All that has been said is that putting faith in, and cheering on, tory policies is a bit daft given their track record of consistently binning anything that is inconvenient after promising the earth. 

Folk seem really quick to characterise motive in black and white terms when it really isn't as simple as that imo. 

I dont trust a single word the tories say, i am simply enthused by the data which is coming out from all over the world including studies in Scotland showing this is winding down, obviously its all subject to change should something bad happen, ive not heard anyone seriously say they believe the tories etc. 

5 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:
Because as much as I love the place, Floridians are completely and utterly fucking mental.

See my reply above. Stereotyping based on prejudicial views.

Prejudicial views? f**k off, I’ve spent combined 6months of my life in Florida, I love the place, but to not recognise that they have an element of absolute mad b*****ds amongst them is just pearl clutching nonsense. You can say prejudicial but even their own authorities recognise the need to put out requests for them not to shoot at Hurricanes, which (and im willing to be corrected) is not something i’ve seen anywhere else. Get off the high horse. 

Prejudicial views? f**k off, I’ve spent combined 6months of my life in Florida, I love the place, but to not recognise that they have an element of absolute mad b*****ds amongst them is just pearl clutching nonsense. You can say prejudicial but even their own authorities recognise the need to put out requests for them not to shoot at Hurricanes, which (and im willing to be corrected) is not something i’ve seen anywhere else. Get off the high horse. 
Not being allowed to point and laugh at America for being full of Americans is a step too far. Literally, tens of millions of them have voted for Donald Trump to be in charge of them and would do so again. That's enough for me to say that it's a country full of arseholes.

See also, England and Tories lol

Going to be interesting to see how Police Scotland play this considering that there will inevitably be yet another gathering at Ibrox now that their team has now officially won the league.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Fair enough.  It's an opinion.

What restrictions do you envisage in, say, October 2021?

Social distancing.

Limits on attendance at sporting events (including travel)

Travel restrictions.

There'll still be a lot of 'local' restrictions, i.e., parents won't be able to watch their kids play football. Schools, for example, will still feel compelled to have some kind of restrictions. That kind of shit is going to be on the go for a very long time.

15 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

No because it is in England, not Scotland so absolutely to do with us.

Anyway if you read the full story I don't think what she is saying is that bad. Just that she needs to be prepared for the worst case scenario, but that she expects that we will be able to open in the summer as expected.

Yeah fair enough. I've re-read it and it isn't as bad as the headline suggests, even if it's still a bit fanciful. 

I think both Scotland and England essentially get advice from the same place, minus Devi.