ICTChris

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Jason leitch on off the ball there giving us an update on the figures in the DRC. All looking good there.

He has a mole in the thread imo.

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

It is terribly odd that despite rushing to stockpile as many vaccines as possible, Sputnik V has continued to be completely ignored as an option by the West even after being shown to be completely safe.

It's almost as if none of them are above the same petty nationalism and outrageously irresponsible undermining of faith in vaccines in general as Macron and von der Leyen have been guilty of over AZ.

It's fine to be Russophobic and it's Putin worship to push back on it at all.

Just now, MP_MFC said:

Jason leitch on off the ball there giving us an update on the figures in the DRC. All looking good there.

Haven't the Congolese suffered enough without that welt taking an interest

5 minutes ago, madwullie said:

There are better states to use. Florida's covid stats are about as trustworthy as Belarus'

😂

I admire your desire to discard any and all figures which don't support your view as "lies"

Unfortunately it makes discussion with you impossible.

3 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

If he does i’d love to send a message, Jason, you are a fucking arsehole x

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

It is terribly odd that despite rushing to stockpile as many vaccines as possible, Sputnik V has continued to be completely ignored as an option by the West even after being shown to be completely safe.

It's almost as if none of them are above the same petty nationalism and outrageously irresponsible undermining of faith in vaccines in general as Macron and von der Leyen have been guilty of over AZ.

There is a difference between ignoring and actively rubishing something.

Anyway, I thought the UK had plenty vaccine? Maybe the EU could use Sputnik  V.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You've pretty much backed me up here. The report shows what would happen if a more transmissive new variant took hold - one expert is scaremongering about it on that basis, but the article says that various provinces are still planning to open up.

At least we agree the graph is absolute nonsense which would simply never happen.

27 minutes ago, 101 said:

Not enough, hoping for an Oscar to raise my profile.

Considering its the elderly and most vulnerable getting done first I think it's completely right to set out exactly what is going to happen. 

Just because you're old and/or vulnerable doesn't mean your common sense has been drained out of you.

39 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

😂

I admire your desire to discard any and all figures which don't support your view as "lies"

Unfortunately it makes discussion with you impossible.

Wot? 

They fired someone for refusing to manipulate the data to back up the governor's plan to open up last year. She ultimately set up her own dashboard that's considered a mile more trustworthy than the state's. They are in the process of using heavy handed tactics to suppress her. They have regularly refused to release data eg for schools when it looks like it will cast unfavourable light on their policies. 

I clearly said that there are better states to use, meaning their data is a million miles more trustworthy and their current restrictions are similar to those in Florida ie similar conclusions can be drawn. 

BTW if you think lockdowns don't work, why have you spent the last couple of months on here agreeing we should wait for certain data points to be reached before opening up? 

4 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Someone might want to tell her there's multiple vaccines.

A communist in advocating state control shocker.

I see there’s talk of furlough being extended. My view will probably go down like a lead balloon, but I don’t see why high earning folk could potentially be getting 80% of £2500 a month for over a year just to sit and stuff their face watching Netflix all day. Obviously it’s not their fault that they can’t work but should they not be put onto Universal Credit until all this blows over and they can get back to work? 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Obviously it’s not their fault that they can’t work but should they not be put onto Universal Credit until all this blows over and they can get back to work? 

No

If furlough is being extended it’ll be to cover specific industries like travel and hospitality.

10 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Isnt there also considerably more effective interventions including steroids which in most cases preclude hospitalisation?

Isnt there also considerably more effective interventions including steroids which in most cases preclude hospitalisation?
There's a whole load more treatments along with the vaccines and a better understanding of the virus overall.

I genuinely can't understand these experts who forecast that we'll be in a worse position than last year.

15 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Doesn't matter a jot to her. She would never change her standpoint, what with being a fully fledged member of the Communist Party of Great Britain.

The suffering of private businesses as a result of lockdown isn't an unfortunate but necessary evil, it's a fucking mandate!

I see there’s talk of furlough being extended. My view will probably go down like a lead balloon, but I don’t see why high earning folk could potentially be getting 80% of £2500 a month for over a year just to sit and stuff their face watching Netflix all day. Obviously it’s not their fault that they can’t work but should they not be put onto Universal Credit until all this blows over and they can get back to work? 

I am unable to work as my place of work has been closed. I am self employed and have been on the self employment scheme for much of this. I don’t earn £2500 a month but I have been on 80% of my earnings for much of this. Universal credit wouldn’t cover my rent, my bills and my food for myself and my family.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Sometimes have to take a moment to appreciate the permission to meet a friend outdoors being front page news. 

It’s crazy this is front page news. I know plenty of folk who have been doing it from day 1, meeting a pal and going for a walk.