Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
44 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
Leitch planting the seed that when the SG's dithering inevitably causes Hampden to lose its 4 games it will have been the fault of the Rangers fans and not them.

UEFA won't give a shit.

I know they won't. That was entirely the point.

3 minutes ago, WilliamBragg said:

No such thing as Strathclyde Police 

Haha, here he is!

13 minutes ago, WilliamBragg said:

Yep and we will always be in lockdown as long as cretins like you are here.

Want to explain why me meeting a few family and friends outdoors where transmission rates are lower than a snake's belly is keeping lockdown in place, even while the case rate PLUMMETS and the vaccines are working like magic?

The population of the Shetland Islands is close to 22,990
My guess is the positive was found through testing someone coming over from the mainland, like a contract worker.
This was happening on the Western Isles earlier in the year and people were getting fed up with it. So very likely everyone who sets foot on the islands gets tested.
There is also news that some NHS workers in Shetland are refusing the vaccine and will be now risk assessed to see if they can deal with the public.
Also in Shetland they are now going to be vaccinating the under 40's.
It's just an indication that the cases per 100k could be used to manipulate opinions. I remember a few months back Denny had over 1000 cases per 100k, which in reality was 15 members of the same extended family who had all met up together.

3 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Haha, here he is!

Want to explain why me meeting a few family and friends outdoors where transmission rates are lower than a snake's belly is keeping lockdown in place, even while the case rate PLUMMETS and the vaccines are working like magic?

Is this where all the conspiracy theorists meet?

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

So projecting the opening up of stadiums in summer when all indicators point to restrictions being totally unnecessary is in jeopardy because people gathered in a group?

This is restrictions being dangled as a punishment again with football fans unsurprisingly on the wrong end of the lash. 

f**k YOU JASON

I don’t remember Leech being as vocal when the green grot were out in a rabid baying mob throwing sharks at the police. 

On the plus side, (hopefully) if there’s no spike in cases from the new Govan variant, then he’ll look fantastically foolish for his choice remarks, and also both him and the SG will have even less of a leg to stand on in their desperation to keep fans out of stadiums and living under their stupid restrictions.

57 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The idea that UEFA would make any sort of decision on hosting games in June based on a couple of thousand people standing near each other at the beginning of March is risible. 

Leitch disappearing from the public consciousness will be one of many great things to come from the vaccination program this year. 

I have tried to make myself not dislike him. I've told myself that I'm only pee'd off at him because he's always bringing bad news - but that's not his fault. He's just the messenger. 

As the news has got better in recent weeks though I think we've seen his true colours shining through. He loves the limelight and he loves having a bit of power in his hands. That comment is absolutely pathetic. 

Nicola Sturgeon spoke about an 'adult conversation'. Jason Leitch is addressing the nation like they're a bunch of unruly eight-year-olds. Hopefully someone knocks him and his patronising tone down a peg or two over the next few months until he floats back into fixing dodgy teeth and speaking at medical conferences.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

The idea that UEFA would make any sort of decision on hosting games in June based on a couple of thousand people standing near each other at the beginning of March is risible. 

Leitch disappearing from the public consciousness will be one of many great things to come from the vaccination program this year. 

@8MileBU down voting this to show his support for Jason Leitch 

20 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I have tried to make myself not dislike him. I've told myself that I'm only pee'd off at him because he's always bringing bad news - but that's not his fault. He's just the messenger. 

As the news has got better in recent weeks though I think we've seen his true colours shining through. He loves the limelight and he loves having a bit of power in his hands. That comment is absolutely pathetic. 

Nicola Sturgeon spoke about an 'adult conversation'. Jason Leitch is addressing the nation like they're a bunch of unruly eight-year-olds. Hopefully someone knocks him and his patronising tone down a peg or two over the next few months until he floats back into fixing dodgy teeth and speaking at medical conferences.

It’s not even just tone, it’s his choice words too. During the live briefing the other day he actually said “those of you that have been paying attention will know this” like he was addressing a class of 6 year olds which totally infuriated me.

Can’t remember precisely what he was on about when he said it. I wasn’t paying attention.

Edited by 8MileBU