Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Junk food advertising bans are a policy almost designed for unintended consequences. I get loads of advertising on my Facebook page from independent butchers and farm shops selling meat and game because of my search history and other liked pages  - a lot of that would be banned due to being classed as high in sugar, salt and fat. Great win for public health!

There are pretty obvious social reasons why obesity has spiralled in developed countries.

For some of us, junk food is cheap and it's the only way we can feed a family every week. For others, we're overworked to the extent that we no longer have time to cook healthy meals, or we're so exhausted by work that we no longer have the inclination to. Some people use eating for stress relief in a world that's more stressful than ever.

You can't tackle obesity without tackling the underlying factors that cause it. And I'd challenge anyone to assert that it's someone's "fault" that they're overweight if they fall into one of those camps above.

Going to be class watching the Scotland games that should be at Hampden getting moved to London, then seeing thousands of people in the stadium watching it.

Edited by Todd_is_God

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

There are pretty obvious social reasons why obesity has spiralled in developed countries.

For some of us, junk food is cheap and it's the only way we can feed a family every week. For others, we're overworked to the extent that we no longer have time to cook healthy meals, or we're so exhausted by work that we no longer have the inclination to. Some people use eating for stress relief in a world that's more stressful than ever.

You can't tackle obesity without tackling the underlying factors that cause it. And I'd challenge anyone to assert that it's someone's "fault" that they're overweight if they fall into one of those camps above.

zGHQb4O.gif

Edited by madwullie
Wrong gif

The only way to end the obesity epidemic is to ban food producers from filling their products with shite. 

Pish! Everyone knows that mars bars are just treats which taste fucking good but are in no way a proper meal and it would surely be common knowledge that you can’t live of mars bars alone otherwise you’ll be in bother. People need to use their brains and justapply the same logic to savoury foods like mcdonalds or greggs . Something doesn’t have to be sweet to be viewed as a treat rather than a meal .

Also healthy food is not more expensive. Go to a supermarket and by ingredients to make a meal for 4 people and unless its steak it will always cost less than a takeaway. People either don’t know how to cook or can’t be arsed. Or worse don’t want to put in the time and effort to persevere in getting their kids to eat a balanced diet so simply give them whatever shite will pacify them so they can have an easier life.
Finally just because you have a car doesn’t mean you have to drive it to somewhere 5 minutes up the road . I am less than a quarter mile from a big supermarket yet plenty of my neighbours use the car to get there and back .
Try walking no and again

Folk need to take some responsibility for themselves

9 hours ago, virginton said:

Further proof that disgusting fatties are the real pandemic that needs tackling - starting with being welded into their homes Wuhan-style and living off carrot sticks pushed through the letterbox until they're no longer mistaken for beached whales. 

23 hours ago, virginton said:

It has created a nice little two-tier system of support that keeps just enough Tory voters protected from the natural comeuppance of their poor-baiting worldview. 

You're a genuinely confused individual.

The only consistent feature of your own worldview appears to be spite.

5 minutes ago, AllSaint said:

Speaking from experience, none of the dozen or so who attend our group are to blame for their weight issues in my opinion. 

Other than eating too much, and/or exercising too little, what uncontrollable problem is to blame for the dozen or so people in your group being obese?

giphy-28.gif

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, AllSaint said:

Speaking from experience, none of the dozen or so who attend our group are to blame for their weight issues in my opinion. 

Alright indulge me, why are these people not taking responsibility for their own bodies? 

9 hours ago, virginton said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/03/covid-deaths-high-in-countries-with-more-overweight-people-says-report

Further proof that disgusting fatties are the real pandemic that needs tackling - starting with being welded into their homes Wuhan-style and living off carrot sticks pushed through the letterbox until they're no longer mistaken for beached whales. 

I could have informed the WHO about this last March, without the need for academic research, merely by posting video footage of hospital wards through their letterbox in Geneva.

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

The only way to end the obesity epidemic is to ban food producers from filling their products with shite. 

Or fatties having the willpower to control their own gluttony.

24 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Going to be class watching the Scotland games that should be at Hampden getting moved to London, then seeing thousands of people in the stadium watching it.

The Scottish Government inflicting more self harm on the Glasgow and Scottish economy.

23 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Vaccines to fight variants can officially be fast-tracked in the same way the flu jag is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56274293

It's almost like the good guys have been stating this for months now.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Other than eating too much, and/or exercising too little, what uncontrollable problem is to blame for the dozen or so people in your group being obese?

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Alright indulge me, why are these people not taking responsibility for their own bodies? 

It’s a group for wheelchair users.