Coronavirus (COVID-19)

On 02/03/2021 at 14:28, superbigal said:

Daily Infections per 100K in 7 days Update:  Another monster 24 hours for the UK in general as cases in the UK & England both drop below 100.  Not too shabby in Scotland  as cases drop 3.89% and the infectivity rate plunges to 3.8%.  We are down to 76.5 cases per 100K.  We are now down 74.66% in 8 weeks.  

The North Inch in the Fair City still remains the most deadly area in Scotland so stick masks on your dugs. Has the boating Pond reopened ?

Well I thought Falkirk would quietly lose their shameful reputation. However I am pleased to report they are still once again easily the bad boys of Scottish Covid. Well Played.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan,    Cases that day were 16,496 and test rate was 11.9%

Total cases latest 7 days from 22nd  to 28th February are down from  4350 to 4181. The positive test rate goes from 3.9% to 3.8%.  Cases per 100k goes from 79.6 to 76.5 down 3.89%

England 102.9  to 97.1 down 5.64% in last 24 hours.  Wales 65.9 to 62.1 down 5.77%  in last 24 hours , Northern Ireland 96.7 to 94.9 down 1.86% in last 24 hours.   UK Average is now  100.4 to 94.9  down 5.48%  in last 24 hours.

In Europe (Above 2 Million Population) the Czech republic is in freefall at 770 from 700 when last updated, next worst is Serbia at 325.

NHS FIGURES Forth Valley 156.9 to 150.0 ,  Lanarkshire 110.1 to 107.1 , Greater Glasgow & Clyde 109.2 to 105.3 ,  Lothian 86.1 to 84.2,  Ayrshire & Arran   73.4 to 64.7,  Tayside 60.8 to 58.0, Fife 58.6 to 57.6, Western Isles  26.2 to 33.7,  D&G 32.9 to 29.6 , Highland 28.9 to 26.1, Grampian 26.5 to 25.1 ,  Borders  16.4 to 19.0 ,  Orkney 0.0 to 0.0 & Shetlands 0.0 to 0.0

Council progress in last 24 hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Falkirk  162.2 to 161.0  Hamlets are on hold as reductions stall and Stirling reduces.

Stirling 161.3 to 146.5  Stirling has had enough of being classed like Falkirk

West Lothian  125.1 to 125.1  Progress stalled.  Odd, then again it is Fauldhoose and Whitburn.  Canny make up minds whether to join EOS or WOS

Clackmannanshire  131.9 to 122.2

Renfrewshire  124.0 to 121.7 

West Dunbartonshire  122.6 to 120.3  

North Lanarkshire  123.9 to 118.1 

Glasgow City  118.5 to 114.0

Bit of a gap to the sub 100 club

East Lothian 99.0 to 99.9 

Midlothian  102.7  to 95.2 

South Lanarkshire 95.2 to 94.8 

East Ayrshire  91.0 to 80.3   Prison free and surging back down charts another 11.75% day.

NOW ALL BELOW SCOTTISH AVERAGE of 76.5

East Renfrewshire  80.6 to 76.4  Drop into the good guys below average club

East Dunbartonshire  78.2 to 70.9  Another great 10% plus day. (Not for the Sons as corrected thank you Moonster)

Dundee City  70.3 to 69.0

City Of Edinburgh 65.3 to 63.6   

North Ayrshire  74.2 to 65.3  Magnificent 12% drop on the day.

Fife  58.6 to 57.6

Perth & Kinross   59.9 to 57.3

Inverclyde  54.0 to 52.7

South Ayrshire  53.3 to 47.1  Brilliant would now get in the new Level 2.  Beers and Cigars

Angus 49.9 to 44.8  Great 10% drop  

Moray 39.7  to 37.6

Western Isles  26.2  to 33.7

Dumfries & Galloway 32.9 to 29.6

Highlands 32.7 to 28.0  Great 10% drop

Aberdeen City  29.7 to 27.6

Scottish  Borders  16.4 to 19.0 

Argyll & Bute 17.5 to 18.6   

Aberdeenshire 18.8 to 18.4 

Orkney Island   0.0 to 0.0

Shetland Islands   0.0 to 0.0

Edited by superbigal

30 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

At least when we're back to normal we won't have to hear from her anymore. 

I wonder how the likes of Sridhar will try to keep hold of their social media following. I'm still fully expecting her to be on Strictly Come Dancing or similar in the coming years.

Edited by Elixir

I wonder how the likes of Sridhar will try to keep hold of their social media following. I'm still fully expecting her to be on Strictly Come Dancing or similar in the coming years.
Nah she's not popular enough for Strictly.

I always feel like she's angling for a "Dr Hilary" type role on GMB where she'll be able to preach about sunshine and unicorns forever more.

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Sorry to correct you here but the Sons are in West Dunbartonshire. It's just the posh section of our fans that live in the east. Encouraging drops for the west too over the last week or so though. 

No such posh area in Dunbartonshire.

21 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I'm still fully expecting her to be on Strictly Come Dancing or similar in the coming years.

Only if there's a socially distanced Line Dancing section. Argentinian Tango a no-no, but whatever, she'd dance to Walking on Sunshine.

1 minute ago, Slenderman said:

No such posh area in Dunbartonshire.

Just now, The Moonster said:

@Jan Vojáček will fight you, or he would if he wasn't from such a posh area. 

I'll have you know that Bearsden is home to Scotland's 14th most expensive street, Milngavie has a Waitrose that shares a car park with the rugby club and my school had a harp.

My guard dogs will fight you, Slenderman. If you can get over my massive automatic gate at the bottom of my estate.

Spoiler

I'm living in #Perthshire these days anyway, so even if you get beyond the dogs and the gate you won't find me at the ancestral home.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'll have you know that Bearsden is home to Scotland's 14th most expensive street,

Reveal hidden contents

I'm living in #Perthshire these days anyway, so even if you get beyond the dogs and the gate you won't find me at the ancestral home.

Pics of these Hookers please 

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Into the bin goes the variant mewling.

I for one am shocked that the human immune system that has evolved over millions of years to effortlessly dispatch the overwhelming majority of shan viruses after first exposure has got a trick or two up its sleeve to deal with 'mutant variants' as well.

If only we'd known about this twelve months ago*!

*We did, but the muppet brigade insisted that Covid was magically different and so We Just Couldn't Tell if this would apply*.

Spoiler

We could though.

image.png.5de7a4da2599452fb73633ee4d210df5.png

Edited by vikingTON

2 hours ago, virginton said:

I will not. 

The groundless assertion that vaccines are not going to be taken up by the vast majority of the population without carrots and sticks underlines who the true misanthropes are in this pandemic. Both the UK and Scottish government are stuffed with these paternalistic, knicker-wetting freak shows.

I 100% agree, but that's what the data from israel showed. When it came to the younger population there were far fewer willing to get jagged, meaning they "had" to introduce incentives - time off work, free food, and vaccine passports, or they weren't going to hit what they think is the HIT (90%)

I thought you were all about following the data from israel? 😉 

Based on here I don't think we'll have the same level of antivax sentiment. 

Edited by madwullie

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

If a vaccination passport gets rolled out and by then the majority of posters on here will be vaccinated, who would take and use one to get into a venue?

I'd hope we'd see widespread boycotts of a vaccine passport.

Governments in Westminster and Holyrood need to know that emergency powers are just that - they're for emergencies. Once 90%+ of the country is vaccinated, the emergency is no longer present, so the powers should be discarded immediately.