Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

I said after the announcement last week that Sturgeon seemed to still have the same mindset as last June when she kept us pointlessly.

Fair play for taking the more realistic path. She obviously got extremely negative feedback about last week's pish.

Haircuts in a fortnight hopefully. 

There seems to be quite a shift in tone recently.  We've moved away from the restrictions in place long term discussion into removing restrictions quicker if possible.  That's still no guarantee of no restrictions, but maybe less dogmatic than I had previously criticised her for.  

13 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Or even happy places, like beer gardens.

No reason a funeral has to be sad. You can go to a beer garden from the late spring every funeral being held in the horrible sanitised way is a travesty.

3 hours ago, AllSaint said:

Disappointed to see the echo chamber in full tin foil hat mode today. I get you all want an end to restrictions (no, that doesn’t make a Tory) but losing your collective minds before actually knowing the facts isn’t going to do any good.  It’s funny how one post can set off a chain reaction of moon howlers completely losing the plot. I’d  bet a substantial number of those didn’t even bother to click the link and realise it’s an article written taking absolutely no new information into account. 

This aged very well. 

Meanwhile, in #ZeroCovid #ShutTheBorders Isle of Man:
Posted at 10:36

Isle of Man faces 21-day circuit breaker

image.gif.c23172e4a0efcfda07cccda6ea6eef20.gif BBCCopyright: BBC

The Isle of Man was the only place in the British Isles with no social distancing measures in place for the whole of February.

But from Wednesday, after a rise in cases, a 21-day "circuit breaker" is being imposed to try to limit the spread of Covid-19.

The sharp rise in cases in recent days has stemmed from an infected ferry crew member.

And Year 8 students at St Ninian's Lower School in Douglas had already been asked to remain at home after a pupil tested positive for the virus.

tenor.gif&key=3ac304bb89c20510b2ac0845319713b06c804481ac74a4d5fbba6e2f1177a929
This has cheered me up no end. Smug b*****ds.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Silly question maybe, but given there has been no mention of any possible change to the election date, why is it considered safe for hundreds of thousands of people to visit polling stations in early May when lots of other public places will still be severely restricted?

Social distancing and bring your own pencil policy incoming.