Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, s_dog said:

As you can meet outdoors from 15th March and the stay at home restriction is currently set to end on April 5 how are you still under house arrest for at least another month after Easter? 

A true buffet of possibilities will present themselves.

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

I'm not reading too much into these reports about the levels being tighter - over the course of this pandemic I've come to realise that the standard of reporting from the BBC isn't much (if any) better than some of the tabloid rags.

Nonetheless, if it does turn out to be true then I reserve the right to go fully "heads gone" once it's officially announced.
For all the talk about vaccines cigaring it and whatever else, it's something we need to take even more seriously up here than elsewhere since it's very apparent that Scotgov arent prepared to accept anything greater than zero risk, or at least not prepared to have their name attached to it. We actually need these vaccines to make the decisions for them. Its embarrassing and childlike the way Scotgov are shying away from any possibility that a covid death might occur in a normal society and not be a problem.

They seem to to want to hide away from the big calls here.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They seem to to want to hide away from the big calls here.

You seem shocked. They've baulked at every big call that didn't involve adding restrictions since last April.

39 minutes ago, Elixir said:

It's quite literally already been laid out for all to see, you unbearable sycophant.

Which was quite literally the point I was making. The BBC article is old news. It’s news that’s been laid out for all to see for days. 

4 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Hospital numbers down another 40 overnight. Collapsing.

Indeed. Down to 784 from 824. They were at 2053 on 22nd January.  Tremendous.

ICU numbers static at 71 but worth remembering they were 161 on 22nd January. 

Long stay ICU also static at 32.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Meanwhile, in #ZeroCovid #ShutTheBorders Isle of Man:

Posted at 10:36

Isle of Man faces 21-day circuit breaker

image.gif.c23172e4a0efcfda07cccda6ea6eef20.gif
BBCCopyright: BBC

The Isle of Man was the only place in the British Isles with no social distancing measures in place for the whole of February.

But from Wednesday, after a rise in cases, a 21-day "circuit breaker" is being imposed to try to limit the spread of Covid-19.

The sharp rise in cases in recent days has stemmed from an infected ferry crew member.

And Year 8 students at St Ninian's Lower School in Douglas had already been asked to remain at home after a pupil tested positive for the virus.

tenor.gif

7 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I'm not reading too much into these reports about the levels being tighter - over the course of this pandemic I've come to realise that the standard of reporting from the BBC isn't much (if any) better than some of the tabloid rags.

Nonetheless, if it does turn out to be true then I reserve the right to go fully "heads gone" once it's officially announced.

How can they get much tighter, personally I'd far rather have had full lockdown rather than levels 3 or 4, they were shite to live under and only served to drag it out further. 

4 minutes ago, Purple Bricks said:

It's not exactly like restrictions placed on Aung san suu kyi.  

You can go play sports outdoors, visit the supermarket etc.   

There is still a legal requirement to stay in your home except for specific purposes. The right to go to the supermarket doesn't exactly make that normal or to be accepted indefinitely.

I've no issue with the SG initially following pre-vaccine WHO level guidance tbh. That roadmap will have been written ages ago before there was much data on the vaccine impact on transmission.

The issue will come if they stick to them despite the vaccine emptying humidors the length and breadth of the country.

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Scotland now dipping below 80 cases per 100k mark having been at 104 this time last week 

So in two weeks time everyone will be below the 50 cases anyway - except the flea pits of Falkirk and they deserve all they get - so panic over. 

Dare I say it but maybe the 50 cases might be a sensible benchmark to highlight any specific local outbreaks than can then be assessed on a case by case level. 

Posted at 11:15

Joggers 'should wear masks'

Getty ImagesCopyright: Getty Images

As more people take up jogging and fill the parks and pavements, should they be wearing a face mask?

Trish Greenhalgh, professor in primary care health sciences at the University of Oxford, believes they should.

"There is no doubt that you can catch it if you inhale. The exercising jogger - the puffing and panting jogger - you can feel their breath come and you can sometimes actually feel yourself inhale it, so there's no doubt that there is a danger there," she told ITV's Good Morning Britain.

She said: "40% of Covid cases happen by catching it from people who have no symptoms - so you're jogging along, you think you're fine, and then the next day you develop symptoms of Covid, but you've actually breathed that Covid onto someone perhaps you know, an old lady walking a dog or something like that."

Devi Sridhar, professor of public health at the University of Edinburgh, added that people should wear masks in busy areas but could take off their mask and "run freely" elsewhere.

Find out the rules on wearing a mask here.

And the science around whether it is possible to catch the virus outside, here.

That Trish Greenhalgh is absolutely fucking nuts, as is her Twitter following. warnock.png

Err, no, I won't be wearing a mask when I'm out running, you utter psycho. wiggo.png

14 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Indeed. Down to 784 from 824. They were at 2053 on 22nd January.  Tremendous.

ICU numbers static at 71 but worth remembering they were 161 on 22nd January. 

Long stay ICU also static at 32.

If hospital numbers keep dropping by an average of only 15 a day, they should be at a very low/non-existent level of Covid cases come end of April.

Edited by Burnieman

Posted at 11:15

Joggers 'should wear masks'

Getty ImagesCopyright: Getty Images

As more people take up jogging and fill the parks and pavements, should they be wearing a face mask?

Trish Greenhalgh, professor in primary care health sciences at the University of Oxford, believes they should.

"There is no doubt that you can catch it if you inhale. The exercising jogger - the puffing and panting jogger - you can feel their breath come and you can sometimes actually feel yourself inhale it, so there's no doubt that there is a danger there," she told ITV's Good Morning Britain.

She said: "40% of Covid cases happen by catching it from people who have no symptoms - so you're jogging along, you think you're fine, and then the next day you develop symptoms of Covid, but you've actually breathed that Covid onto someone perhaps you know, an old lady walking a dog or something like that."

Devi Sridhar, professor of public health at the University of Edinburgh, added that people should wear masks in busy areas but could take off their mask and "run freely" elsewhere.

Find out the rules on wearing a mask here.

And the science around whether it is possible to catch the virus outside, here.

That Trish Greenhalgh is absolutely fucking nuts, as is her Twitter following. warnock.png&key=637c3c427d6e6c28bc2b870623c54da09f6bb8f4fb21006467f6e87d9e5dbe07
Err, no, I won't be wearing a mask when I'm out running, you utter psycho. wiggo.png&key=54ee3a182f76eaacdc0ece1130eedd8546fffaf8168e37a3b8a92b067b2c2168
Do you work ? Serious question as you appear to live on social media.