Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm inclined to agree with this, though I imagine most concerns are to do with them shitting the bed after summer and putting restrictions back in place for no real reason.

Given that Boris is intent on opening up England, then I see no way whatsoever that the SG can do any different. Yes, they may delay by a few weeks, but ultimately we will be following suit unless of course BJ backtracks (which wouldn't be unheard of) in which case all bets are off.

As mentioned previously, if England does indeed go ahead with opening up foreign holiday based travel from June / July, then again pressure will mount on the SG to do the same, if they do not they will lose support very quickly and people will take the decision for them by flying out of Newcastle, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds Bradford etc which will of course make a complete mockery of having a ban on travel from Scottish Airports.

I've just booked Barca for September from Edinburgh, so putting my money where my mouth is !!

3 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Screenshot_20210302-124307_Twitter.jpg

Not being negative but is it not more likely that the younger people are at work? whilst most of the over 75's will only be leaving the house to go to the shops once a week?

or have they been attending prohibition style speakeasys to play dominos and smoke cigars ?

It's surely a self fulfilling prophecy in as much as the lower instance per 100k that we get, the easier it is to identify and control outbreaks and nip them in the bud as it were.
Pretty sure we got well below the magic 20 mark last summer and that was without the vaccine, so we should all be very hopeful of surpassing the low rates of last summer, with or without the evil "mutant" variants....
I'm fairly sure that come the end of April, that the daily infection rate for Scotland will be consistently under 100 cases a day, maybe even under 50. Hospital numbers will have shrunk.

It's still 7 or 8 weeks away, look at where we were 7-8 weeks ago. The vaccines are nailing (sorry, cigaring) the numbers and by 15th April all 1-9 groups will have been jagged once, and 1-4 groups will be well down the road of two jags. All adults should be done once by early June, and we should all be 2 jagged by end of August, if not before.

We'll all be supping pints before too long and checking flight prices.

Definitely. If people stopped going to get tested because A- they’re a hypochondriac or B - they have a wee cough, then lockdown would end. The obsession with testing and in particular Asyptomatic testing at this point in the “journey” (with working vaccines) is staggering 
So all the talk of "at least this will stop folk going to work with a virus" is getting thrown in the bin already.

Of course you need to keep testing capabilities as people simply cannot go to their work with Covid even with vaccination and no one is expecting that to be the case. People will need a positive test result for sickness purposes.

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Of course you need to keep testing capabilities as people simply cannot go to their work with Covid even with vaccination and no one is expecting that to be the case. People will need a positive test result for sickness purposes.

Of course they can (and will).

Whether or not you should go to work if ill is a different story, but once we have covid at the same acceptable level of risk as, for example, flu then it's absolutely impractical to enforce self isolation. You'd never be in work in winter if you had to wait on a negative test result every time you developed a cough.

Of course they can (and will).
Whether or not you should go to work if ill is a different story, but once we have covid at the same acceptable level of risk as, for example, flu then it's absolutely impractical to enforce self isolation. You'd never be in work in winter if you had to wait on a negative test result every time you developed a cough.
I've never been to work with Flu in my life. Proper flu isn't something you should be passing on.

I doubt the public health advice will be "soldier on with Covid" and to suggest like theresnolight did there should not be testing is nonsense, there should be and will be.

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Sitting in my house again and howling with laughter at The Seethe/Heads Gone from people who express concerns about restrictions ruining their lives to varying degrees.

^^^ Privileged nonsense

16 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I've never been to work with Flu in my life. Proper flu isn't something you should be passing on.

I doubt the public health advice will be "soldier on with Covid" and to suggest like theresnolight did there should not be testing is nonsense, there should be and will be.

There is a clear difference between being floored with something (to the point you can't work), and having a mild cough.

"Sorry boss, i've coughed a few times this morning. I've booked a covid test and i'll see you in 10 days / after the result comes back if it's negative" is absolutely not going to be the norm for the forseeable.

Hourly paid emoyees especially are not going to risk putting their rent in jeopardy because they have a bit of a sore head and a cough either.

Covid testing will become like flu testing. It'll get done for moderate / severe cases only.

Edited by Todd_is_God

719836E0-7058-410E-8CD1-9782C9B40B48.jpeg.2f796b68e024c68b87c64ac7ad50dfa3.jpeg&key=bd72a72fc4862fd13ecdb07f22c311b8d15b025ff6198f01041ebf66cca54c59
The new tier level apparently.  

As published a week ago with all the caveats of changes and variations made to the levels as we knew them, that the BBC have only decided to lather up into a story 18 hours before the first of no doubt many updates is to be provided today for some weird reason.

1 hour ago, AllSaint said:

Disappointed to see the echo chamber in full tin foil hat mode today. I get you all want an end to restrictions (no, that doesn’t make a Tory) but losing your collective minds before actually knowing the facts isn’t going to do any good.  It’s funny how one post can set off a chain reaction of moon howlers completely losing the plot. I’d  bet a substantial number of those didn’t even bother to click the link and realise it’s an article written taking absolutely no new information into account. 

It's quite literally already been laid out for all to see, you unbearable sycophant.