Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think it's possible folk are jumping the gun a wee bit. I'll be giving them the opportunity to set out exactly what it'll look like.

If it turns out to be the case that this BBC journalist was at it then I'll be sending a shite covered glitter bomb to their residence for causing my complete heads gone. 

I see the legal challenge down South from the hospitality industry was successful in demonstrating that the industry specific restrictions were discriminatory.
No more requirements to order food with alcohol, and no more curfews, unless the Government can provide proof these are beneficial (i.e. "drunk people can't social distance" isn't enough).
I will assume the verdict has no direct bearing up here, but I wonder if the SG will avoid such petty restrictions this time round.
Johnson announced last week that there would be no more curfews, or requirements for food.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

If it's going on case numbers then the games a bogey.

Definitely. If people stopped going to get tested because A- they’re a hypochondriac or B - they have a wee cough, then lockdown would end. The obsession with testing and in particular Asyptomatic testing at this point in the “journey” (with working vaccines) is staggering 

1 minute ago, AllSaint said:

Disappointed to see the echo chamber in full tin foil hat mode today. I get you all want an end to restrictions (no, that doesn’t make a Tory) but losing your collective minds before actually knowing the facts isn’t going to do any good.  It’s funny how one post can set off a chain reaction of moon howlers completely losing the plot. I’d  bet a substantial number of those didn’t even bother to click the link and realise it’s an article written taking absolutely no new information into account. 

Away and f**k yourself. 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Definitely. If people stopped going to get tested because A- they’re a hypochondriac or B - they have a wee cough, then lockdown would end. The obsession with testing and in particular Asyptomatic testing at this point in the “journey” (with working vaccines) is staggering 

big team found?

5 minutes ago, AllSaint said:

Disappointed to see the echo chamber in full tin foil hat mode today. I get you all want an end to restrictions (no, that doesn’t make a Tory) but losing your collective minds before actually knowing the facts isn’t going to do any good.  It’s funny how one post can set off a chain reaction of moon howlers completely losing the plot. I’d  bet a substantial number of those didn’t even bother to click the link and realise it’s an article written taking absolutely no new information into account. 

Go and get yerself into the sea. Tightening the criteria for tiers is absolute fucknuggetary. But just you keep believing all the affected shite that Devi and Clownshoes tell you. 

8 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Will the lateral flow tests be included in these figures? If they are then we are going to be shut forever. 

I would like to think there will be some clarification from the govt today about this BBC story being a lot of pish and these indicators will have a much lower weighting than before. 

But it's not a load of pish, I already posted a table from the framework document published  on 23/2 by the SNP which is where the BBC have obtained their story.

8 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
I see the legal challenge down South from the hospitality industry was successful in demonstrating that the industry specific restrictions were discriminatory.
No more requirements to order food with alcohol, and no more curfews, unless the Government can provide proof these are beneficial (i.e. "drunk people can't social distance" isn't enough).
I will assume the verdict has no direct bearing up here, but I wonder if the SG will avoid such petty restrictions this time round.

Johnson announced last week that there would be no more curfews, or requirements for food.

He did, but didn't say why he'd made such a decision.

33 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Level one is less than 20 cases, Level zero being "close to zero". I'd say under 20 cases per ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND PEOPLE is pretty fucking close to zero. 

I am logging off now as I need to go and find my head. 

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If it turns out to be the case that this BBC journalist was at it then I'll be sending a shite covered glitter bomb to their residence for causing my complete heads gone. 

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Away and f**k yourself. 

Log off and find yer head.

For yer own sanity. Have a good afternoon.

19 minutes ago, AllSaint said:

qrDXE.gif

Still on the coronavirus theme but on a different note,

it always brings a smile to my face when I read about the privileged middle classes being given a wee taste of reality and how they deal (fail to deal) with it.

They obviously just don't know that this is the harsh reality in the real world for the rest of us.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56236997

People getting jumpy about case numbers  per 100k etc.

What is 100% in the framework is the R rate has to stay below 1.

Now I'm no statistician but I can only see the R number continually popping above 1 when we get down to low case numbers.

They do appear to have pushed themselves into a tight corner.

Edited by superbigal

Now I'm no statistician but I can only see the R number continually popping above 1 when we get down to low case numbers.

Indeed, I recall last summer we were being told that at low case loads, R is no longer relevant because of this.

12 minutes ago, superbigal said:

They do appear to have pushed themselves into a tight corner.

It's surely a self fulfilling prophecy in as much as the lower instance per 100k that we get, the easier it is to identify and control outbreaks and nip them in the bud as it were.

Pretty sure we got well below the magic 20 mark last summer and that was without the vaccine, so we should all be very hopeful of surpassing the low rates of last summer, with or without the evil "mutant" variants....

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

It's surely a self fulfilling prophecy in as much as the lower instance per 100k that we get, the easier it is to identify and control outbreaks and nip them in the bud as it were.

Pretty sure we got well below the magic 20 mark last summer and that was without the vaccine, so we should all be very hopeful of surpassing the low rates of last summer, with or without the evil "mutant" variants....

I'm inclined to agree with this, though I imagine most concerns are to do with them keeping restrictions like SD in place longer than required (meaning a sanitised experience / harder for hospitality venues etc) and then shitting the bed after summer and putting restrictions back in place for no real reason.

Edited by Todd_is_God

26 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Still on the coronavirus theme but on a different note,

it always brings a smile to my face when I read about the privileged middle classes being given a wee taste of reality and how they deal (fail to deal) with it.

They obviously just don't know that this is the harsh reality in the real world for the rest of us.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56236997

You and the real world are barely on nodding terms.