Coronavirus (COVID-19)

42 minutes ago, 101 said:

The enquiry will hopefully be useful in terms of better preparation for the next pandemic but in terms of getting someone to take responsibility Boris lied to the Queen and the Parliament and refused to stand down, the Attorney General refused to investigate contempt of court because it was the Sun Newspaper she also lost all credibility by defending someone breaking the law, Hancock was found to have acted unlawfully, Patel was found to have abused her staff all of which would have been issues serious enough to be chucked for all during the pandemic. There is a slim chance they throw someone under the bus but I don't think it will be particularly effective in a lot of people exposing their mistakes and then being accountable. And that's all before you look up here in sure a few people would have thought Swinney should have gone over the schools although obviously not as serious a breach as any of his Westminster counterparts.

Trump's America has given right wing parties in formerly perceived "honourable" democracies the blueprint for lying through their teeth, making money from the public, and generally doing the f**k you want without being accountable. 

The days of accountability are gone. It wouldn't even surprise me too much if there wasn't an enquiry, or if there is, it's hamstrung by a far too narrow scope. 

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Nice to see a MSM outlet (albeit the Mail) questing the covid deaths/with covid narrative. Maybe this is the beginning of the doom and gloom news reporting being binned

605E305A-3C1E-46E9-927B-0C1BBA77DCEA.jpeg

I don’t think this is a good thing, at all. It’s tinfoil hat nonsense, as has been previously discussed many times, and a national paper feeding into this is a bad thing.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

And that's all before you look up here in sure a few people would have thought Swinney should have gone over the schools although obviously not as serious a breach as any of his Westminster counterparts.

He made a monumental arse of things in more than one way, so he should be in danger of losing his job. He didn't "breach" anything at all, he's just not very good at it.

The fact that the Tories are corrupt and useless doesn't give SNP ministers carte blanche to also be rubbish and escape any consequences on the basis of "at least we're no as bad as thaim".

Nice to see a MSM outlet (albeit the Mail) questing the covid deaths/with covid narrative. Maybe this is the beginning of the doom and gloom news reporting being binned
605E305A-3C1E-46E9-927B-0C1BBA77DCEA.thumb.jpeg.8ea3d0b9df959eddd71794c0eaf4ded0.jpeg
Nice...it's conspiracy theory / denier shite plain and simple. To also imply there is some sort of stigma or shame to have died suffering from Covid is the Heil trying for buy in that it's a disease of the poor and ethnic minorities. It's fucking despicable and you call it "nice to see" !!!

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I see every ‘lockdown forever just incase’ types favourite professor is now preaching essentially that normality shouldnt return until every child is vaccinated. 

First or second dose?  For right or wrong there's an argument at least worth listening to about first dose. 

Children are born every day as well so this is unworkable! 

Edited by itzdrk

16 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I see every ‘lockdown forever just incase’ types favourite professor is now preaching essentially that normality shouldnt return until every child is vaccinated. 

What one is that? I see their latest 'view it as measles rather than influenza' mewling is now being laughed at in sensible infectious disease circles:

Of course, Sturgeon had to blurt out this same nonsense comparison at FMQ's this week as Devi had left it on one of her post-it notes. Devi was even comparing it to HIV/polio/smallpox last year FFS. 😅

24 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

But its ok for them to go to school normally? 😂

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

From the USA, seriously is this the future of live entertainment?

Maybe it could have been useful one year ago but not here.

Could these covers be put to other uses?

Band practice looks a little different these days: Students cram into 'bubbles' to

I'm going to go with no.

Not because of any safe / unsafe reasons, but because there is no way that could be entertaining.

A socially distanced, sanitised event just wouldn't be very good.

40 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

They're nutters.  Get them in the bin.

Fully agree, think if one thing is becoming clear we need a moderate centre alternative to the SNP given their insistence on relying on people that the rest of the scientific community wont even reply to emails from. 

36 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

First or second dose?  For right or wrong there's an argument at least worth listening to about first dose. 

Children are born every day as well so this is unworkable! 

Well im going to go out on a limb and guess that second dose because that would keep her in the limelight longer. There is and their isnt, it shouldnt be a barrier to opening up considering that the deaths and serious infection rates are so significantly low amongst that demographic that you could do it but in time. Using it to extend lockdown is madness imo. 

17 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

But its ok for them to go to school normally? 😂

Hey you’re not expecting me to make sense of the Helen Lovejoy brigade? No idea what’s going on in their heads, its quite clearly Ollie Reader territory now. 

The evidence has been growing for this. The UK should start firing on with it and get the job done that bit quicker.

Edit: I also see Auckland is back into a week-long lockdown over one case. warnock.png

Edited by Elixir

Mrs got hers yesterday. Phoned up and within 15 minutes she was at her surgery getting the vaccine. Incredible how many people aren't going for there vaccine.

Bad news for her today is she is floored. Absolutely fucked, like flu symptoms. However being type 1 diabetic I don't know if this has just made her feel worse.

f**k knows but peace n quiet all day 

4 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Mrs got hers yesterday. Phoned up and within 15 minutes she was at her surgery getting the vaccine. Incredible how many people aren't going for there vaccine.

Bad news for her today is she is floored. Absolutely fucked, like flu symptoms. However being type 1 diabetic I don't know if this has just made her feel worse.

f**k knows but peace n quiet all day 

It may only seem that way. Certainly it's not being borne out in the data.