Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Seriously though, imagine being Emmanuel Macron, leading the developed worlds most anti-vax country and making the decision to absolutely slate the Oxford/AZ vaccine, only for it to turn out to be extremely effective actually.
Macron and Merkel have made such an enormous balls of this.

It’s alright I’m sure that stoking up the conspiratorial and seething element of French society won’t backfire and lead to Macron being scudded by Le Pen and inaugurating a fun new period in French and European history.

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 minutes ago, super_carson said:
Yep, she definitely said it was national changes tomorrow, and an indication of a return to a revised tier system.  I think she also said the stay at home message would remain for a little while longer, so I don't expect any changes till the end of March tbh. 

That was my take. Lockdown stay at home order will be extended to cover March if not tomorrow then at the review next Tuesday.

It would need to be extended tomorrow, surely, as next Tuesday is the 2nd of March.

I don't know if there will be a review next Tuesday anyway, as there isn't one currently planned (lockdown hasn't yet been extended beyond 28th Feb meaning there is (currently) no need for one) and we will be into whatever is set out in the roadmap by then.

Edited by Todd_is_God

It would need to be extended tomorrow, surely, as next Tuesday is the 2nd of March.
I don't know if there will be a review next Tuesday anyway, as there isn't one currently planned (as lockdown hasn't yet been extended beyond 28th Feb meaning there is (currently) no need for one) and we will be into whatever is set out in the roadmap.
Tomorrow it will be then.

Ok, i'll guess that it'll be P4-7 back to school on 15th March unless there is an issue with figures before then, Secondary schools back after Easter, Lockdown as it is just now to run until March month end and then back into a tier system after that -  Dumfries and Galloway/ Borders and above the Central belt will get a decent lift in restrictions, Central belt pretty locked but no change to any hospitality anywhere till the end of April

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

I don't know if there will be a review next Tuesday anyway, as there isn't one currently planned (as lockdown hasn't yet been extended beyond 28th Feb meaning there is (currently) no need for one) and we will be into whatever is set out in the roadmap.

It would make sense to review things weekly as every week you have about 70k people at least 85% less likely to end up in hospital.

Tomorrow it will be then.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

It would make sense to review things weekly as every week you have about 70k people at least 85% less likely to end up in hospital.

Whilst I don't disagree with the principle, the reality is that businesses need more than 5-7 days notice.

They will also want to review the impact of any relaxations before pressing forward too.

They had three weekly reviews last year, and I expect the same this time round.

Edited by Todd_is_God

It’s nice reading all these stories of families being reunited etc but one of the first things I’ll be doing when things reopen is going to an old man boozer on my own, finding a quiet corner where I’ll spend the afternoon drinking pints of Tennents lager and watching the world go by. It’ll be enhanced somewhat, if they’ve got the horses in the telly and I can lose a few quid having a flutter.

5 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Ok, i'll guess that it'll be P4-7 back to school on 15th March unless there is an issue with figures before then, Secondary schools back after Easter, Lockdown as it is just now to run until March month end and then back into a tier system after that -  Dumfries and Galloway/ Borders and above the Central belt will get a decent lift in restrictions, Central belt pretty locked but no change to any hospitality anywhere till the end of April

Little point getting them in for two weeks then it’s the holidays. Move spring holiday last two weeks March and turf turn in after Easter weekend but doubt that is a goer.

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I was meant to get knee surgery on 23rd March last year. Op got cancelled. Going into jubilee next Tuesday. She better no f##k this up 😂

What credible grounds are there for maintaining a 'stay at home' order and actively trying to enforce this for the whole of March? That so many people are just willing to write this off for the promise of jam tomorrow is disturbing tbh.

15 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Little point getting them in for two weeks then it’s the holidays. Move spring holiday last two weeks March and turf turn in after Easter weekend but doubt that is a goer.

I wonder if the two-weeks before Easter may be deliberate.  It will allows us as teachers get them back in and settled, try and work out where we are and have a couple weeks of revision of the things taught remotely to catch any kids who fell through the cracks.  Then we can kick on as much as possible in that last term. 

It also then allows a smaller buffer period to see if there was a jump in infections, although that two week window may not be enough time to get a full picture.  

I teach in Edinburgh, so we are due to have the week that we came back early given back to us this summer but I'm not against them moving it another point later in the year given that's two whole terms most of the kids will have missed in the last two years.  

Edited by super_carson

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Top trolling from Sridhar there

Keep these jobbers relevant by just getting them to scrap with each other eternally, whilst we slowly get back to enjoying a normal life.

Devi is at it with that though. And fair play to her if she is. Fantastic trolling.