Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, renton said:

Seems unlikely we'll see the tier system again, assuming we stay close to what England are doing.

If we did go into a tier system it should be organised by health board, not by council area since it'd the health area capacity your most interested in, and make hospital admissions the primary metric to judge restrictions by.

I suspect you might see the Tiers system stay, but that it will only lead to variation from most of Scotland by the Islands.

Article about the Israeli vaccination programme, some interesting points that I hadn't considered.  The benefits of having a more digital healthcare system for one and the potential issues of younger people (under 16) not being eligible for the vaccine another.

https://unherd.com/2021/02/how-israel-won-the-vaccine-wars/

7 minutes ago, Scosha said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56153600

Still, we just don't know. 

Sturgeron can't ignore this. Its a Scottish study to boot as well.

Will be disappointed if she doesn't give this any more than a cursory mention today or tomorrow.

I think she needs to find it within herself to start being a little more upbeat and optimistic.

Sturgeron can't ignore this. Its a Scottish study to boot as well.
Will be disappointed if she doesn't give this any more than a cursory mention today or tomorrow.
I think she needs to find it within herself to start being a little more upbeat and optimistic.

I’m sure she will - it’s Public Health Scotland, and she has already alluded to it (or something very similar) in her daily briefings.

The numbers are staggering - and fantastic. 4 week time lag should mean that new hospitalisations are pretty much eliminated - very low - by the end of March as that will be more than 4 weeks after all the over 70’s got their first jab.

I've posted the hospitalisations before, but here we are again with some additional data by region in the thread. 

New admissions in Scotland now 25% of what they were at the peak. 

I'd expect that the numbers won't fall as drastically as they have done the last month, but they are progressing well. 

Piers Morgan must be the most irritating c**t on TV, but kudos to him this morning on GMB  TV for destroying vaccines minister, Na***** Zahaw,  and at the same time, inflicting some serious damage on Matt Hancock who insisted over the weekend there was never, at any time. a shortage of PPE in the NHS.

Hopefully this clip will soon be up on Youtube.

Edited to ask why N a d h i m is blocked out?

Edited by ICTJohnboy

Folks, there's so much good vaccine news kicking about that it's hard not to wake up today feeling optimistic.
We're going to get back to normal, and it's going to be fucking sensational.

I'm the same. There's been a lot of doom and gloom over the past few weeks but now that there's clear data coming through which shows the vaccines are working it simply can't be ignored.

I reckon another 2 months of pretty shite restrictions and then even those of us who live in the Covid cess pit which is the central belt could be sinking glorious pints for the first time in months.

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:

I'm the same. There's been a lot of doom and gloom over the past few weeks but now that there's clear data coming through which shows the vaccines are working it simply can't be ignored.

I reckon another 2 months of pretty shite restrictions and then even those of us who live in the Covid cess pit which is the central belt could be sinking glorious pints for the first time in months.

I'm living in the EU so we're a wee bit behind, but even we're now saying we'll have production ramped up in the next few weeks to a level close to the UK's.

There's going to be fans at Hampden and Wembley for the Euros fixtures. How fucking class is that

Now the good news is rolling, what the first thing you will be doing post LOCKDOWN?

Straight to the airport and getting the first available flight?

Straight to the station hotel in Larbet for P&Bs official best pint of T?

Straight round your neighbours for your hole?

I'm off round my pals house to get steaming I expect to be there for a few days.

26 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Article about the Israeli vaccination programme, some interesting points that I hadn't considered.  The benefits of having a more digital healthcare system for one and the potential issues of younger people (under 16) not being eligible for the vaccine another.

https://unherd.com/2021/02/how-israel-won-the-vaccine-wars/

Really interesting. I wonder if the fully digital system would work here. I can see some issues from people unlikely to want such data readily available to anyone with the means to swipe their card. 

The last couple of paragraphs were pretty interesting too. 70% miles below what they think is needed for herd immunity, and the part about parents not being keen to vaccinate their kids for society's sake, rather than their own health. I suppose its not massively different from MMR but I hadn't really thought about my kids getting jagged for CV tbh. 

20210222_100127.jpg

Edited by madwullie

8 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Piers Morgan must be the most irritating c**t on TV, but kudos to him this morning on GMB  TV for destroying vaccines minister, Na***** Zahaw,  and at the same time, inflicting some serious damage on Matt Hancock who insisted over the weekend there was never, at any time. a shortage of PPE in the NHS.

Hopefully this clip will soon be up on Youtube.

Edited to ask why N a d h i m is blocked out?

I think there was once some hilarious banter on here regarding the bigotted nickname for Celtic fans being expressed as D h i m s