Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
NS has been speaking for about 15 minutes and I still have no idea if I am being advised to stay off work beyond February 28th.
I think I am, but it's genuinely not like her to not be crystal clear.

No change other than schools as announced. As you were, very clear.

I didn't hear that. All I hear was her at the very start saying "until at least the end of February"

The references to a plan next week, and the complete absence of the usual extension line that "the current lockdown will continue until at least the middle of March" has thrown me a little.

Hearing about whether or not i am advised to go to work or not on a fortnightly basis isn't great, but potentially 5 days notice is bollocks.

Edited by Todd_is_God

It really is going to get to a point when people will just say f**k it.
I'm there. Said they had until the end of the month but f**k this. Will be going to see some mates this week since I'm off work. Will try to organise a few beers with them whilst I am at it. If this is the way they are treating us then they can expect the same contempt back from myself.

Just now, Empty It said:

I think so and that's the problem if restrictions were clearly being scaled back in the coming weeks in months folk would probably still buy into it if they just say nah not much change for the next few weeks then public buy in will fall off a cliff before there is enough vaccines rolled out.

Obviously wait until the roadmap is published before anyone loses their shit but it's not great news today.

1 minute ago, superbigal said:

Todays summary some time in the Future July 17th 2021     Lockdown extended till 31st August

My Headline Aberdeen City & Dundee City combined population close to 400,000 have 5 Covid Infections.   

Daily infections have now dropped for 171 days in a row since the peak on 4th January. The total drop being 99.64%. Total cases are 117 

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan    

Todays figure for 10th July to 17th July is 0.2 cases per 100K

Council progress in last 24 hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

East Ayrshire 1.5 to 1.4  That Kilmarnock Prison area now 6 cases per 100K

West Dunbartonshire  1.2 to 1.3  Yet another bad day.

Clackmannanshire 1.2 to 1.2

Falkirk  1.1 to 1.1

THEN A LARGE GAP

West Lothian 0.7 to 0.6  

Stirling 0.4 to 0.6  Another bad day in Stirling 

First Minister makes a statement on the same day that schools can now fully re-open in the new term.  Any further review will take place 3 weeks after that has happened.

I swear I dreamt something about us vaccinating almost all vulnerable and older people in about a month? Oh wait that actually happened. What the f**k is going on? Why is she talking like vaccines don't exist?

Edited by bairn88

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

I choose to remain optimistic that the cautious tone is to stop folk losing the head before priority vaccinations completed and efficacy kicking in.

There is no way any of this becomes tenable if we get back to summer levels of infection and hospitalization.

Difficult to do so but agree let's see what the road map says hopefully it has triggers relating to Deaths, ICU occupation and hospitalisations. If it's cases then f**k that.

Just now, Spider Rico said:

Long Covid in the young got a mention as well just for good measure 

Annoyed I missed that in my post considering that's the one that literally made me think of Bingo 😂😂😂

Desperate times when Long Covid makes it's way into the justifications. 

I choose to remain optimistic that the cautious tone is to stop folk losing the head before priority vaccinations completed and efficacy kicking in.
There is no way any of this becomes tenable if we get back to summer levels of infection and hospitalization.

That remains my take, but I really need to see some positivity next week.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I'm there. Said they had until the end of the month but f**k this. Will be going to see some mates this week since I'm off work. Will try to organise a few beers with them whilst I am at it. If this is the way they are treating us then they can expect the same contempt back from myself.

lol

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You are, unless you're in P2.

If you can point to where she explicity stated so, that would be great.

NS is an excellent communicator. The absence of the line she has used at every review to date is, for me, not an accident.

My work is open. The only reason I am not there is because I am shielding for as long as the current lockdown is in place. Ditching lockdown, and returning to the levels system, would mean it is ok for me to go back.

I mean no disrespect, but I can't exactly reference the interpretation of posters on a football forum when working with my employer to plan whether or not I am available to work. I need it to be clear and explicitly stated by NS.

Edited by Todd_is_God