Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I'm not pro them as I failed to see what they realistically achieved in a positive sense for an ordinary citizen but some of the objections seemed a bit hysterical to me.
The Cambridge Analytica thing kind of let the cat out of the bag in terms of giving real life context to age old and easy to dismiss "THEY WANT TO SPY ON US" conspiracies. Smart phones already do a decent job, but we are talking about being told you HAVE to carry something. Not on IMO.

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

As I said this is a good place as any to get stuff of your chest.

I don't think you are in the minority btw, it just seemed like you were having a go at people for expressing their frustrations.

I never had a go, I said hospitality would adapt, which it will if it needs to. 

21 minutes ago, Snafu said:

It's not that funny, it's not when you can read from what people are saying and how they are posting that some are struggling right now and you have to worry about mental health if this situation continues for much longer. This forum, this thread is a good outlet for people to get things off their chests.

Yes and no.

It's good to have an outlet for frustration.

Constant catastrophising and surrounding yourself by people who say everything is shit and will continue to be shit, choosing to seek out and hilight negative news stories, focussing almost all your energies on getting annoyed at what one group of people are saying, being pre-emptively angry that you can't get a pint or a holiday or see family and friends in August.

All of the above is understandable but I don't think constant exposure to it is all that healthy.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That is quite possibly the most half-witted outlook on life I've ever heard.

Jesus Christ.

I know we should all just buckle when bad scenarios are possibly playing out, fucking eejit. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Left Back said:
I'm not pro them as I failed to see what they realistically achieved in a positive sense for an ordinary citizen but some of the objections seemed a bit hysterical to me.

The Cambridge Analytica thing kind of let the cat out of the bag in terms of giving real life context to age old and easy to dismiss "THEY WANT TO SPY ON US" conspiracies. Smart phones already do a decent job, but we are talking about being told you HAVE to carry something. Not on IMO.

That's a different thing and far worse in my opinion as that data was being used to effectively manipulate us which took it to a whole new level.

That's a different thing and far worse in my opinion as that data was being used to effectively manipulate us which took it to a whole new level.
That's the real world version of the conspiracy though. That's what the UK government cannot be trusted with in my opinion, since they werent even prepared to offer guarantees about data usage when handing the T&T app off to one of their cronies in the height of a global crisis

59 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

The wet led pub was already in pretty serious decline but they will be completely wiped out if restrictions such as Social Distancing remain in place for much longer. My local was down to a capacity of 26 with the last set of restrictions, it's got some pretty hardened drinkers who will quite happily neck 3 pints in an hour so was still managing to turn a profit before finally being forced to close when the absurd restriction of having to eat came in before you could get a pint. Places like that will be fucked.

The sad thing is that you get the feeling that NS and the government would be extremely happy if the pubs where folk just go for a pint were closed indefinitely and all that was left were Hungry Horse, family friendly type places. In the same way that they would be quite happy if football and its fans became completely sanitised to the point of noone ever saying f**k inside a fitba ground.

And you trust this crowd to take us to Independence? 

It is one f**k up after another at the moment.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
14 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Imagine HAVING to carry something on you allowing you access into a pub. I just can't.

Just now, Elric said:

And you trust this crowd to take us to Independence? 

It is one f**k up after another at the moment.

What do you mean take up to independence? The people of Scotland will take us to independence not a political party.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You're a complete brain donor. You've proven it time and again.

Nothing else to add.

No, dealing with something in a sensible manner will never be a negative in my book. 

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Imagine HAVING to carry something on you allowing you access into a pub. I just can't.

Playing devils advocate but technically speaking a lot of people already do (proof of age).  Doesn't mean I'm in favour of a domestic vaccination passport or app.