Coronavirus (COVID-19)

On 01/02/2021 at 14:59, superbigal said:

Todays summary     As Scotgov are due for what should be an important statement tomorrow, I thought it prudent to do a 2 week update for each council as well as a daily one for the overall summary. Give us a real idea of progress in all of the councils.  Also updated the home nations for the same 2 weeks.

Ignoring the shambles that is the Scottish prison service in 2 council areas. Really poor figures from some of the councils. On the flip side some amazing success stories.  6 councils have more than halved their cases. East Dunbartonshire, P&K, Angus, Dundee, Aberdeen & Borders.

I actually predict tomorrow we will see the 1st daily rise in infections in 40 days.  The CYNIC in me wonders if the Saturday figures have been manipulated because they stand out like a sore thumb against usual Saturday numbers. This of course gives a great "BAD NEWS" story to bring to the table.

Daily infections have now dropped for 39 days in a row since the peak on 4th January. The total drop being 65.62%. Total cases are 5,669 and the positive test rate is up to 5.7%.  Wales have now passed us by which is also unfortunate.

England 309.5 to 167.5 have dropped 45.88% in 2 weeks.  Wales 162.2 to 100.9 have dropped 37.79% in 2 weeks , Northern Ireland 235.3 to 140.6  have dropped 40.25% in 2 weeks.  

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan    

From 23rd Jan to 29th Jan 2 weeks ago we were at 136.2

Yesterdays figure for 5th Feb to 11th Feb was 104.3 

Todays figure for 6th Feb to 12th Feb is 103.8   Another single Day drop of 0.48%. 

The drop from a fortnight ago from 136.2 to 103.8 is 23.79% 

Council progress in last 14 Days as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

East Ayrshire 179.5 to 310.6 Up 73.04%  That Kilmarnock Prison area now 7,638 cases per 100K

Clackmannanshire 153.3 to 221.2 Up 45.60%   It is a small demographic but the residents of Alloa, Tullibody, Alva & Sauchie ??.

West Dunbartonshire  170.9 to 217.0  Up 26.97%  Again a small area but Clydebank & Dalmuir !!! ? Was level with East Dunbartonshire last week which is now at 76.4 !!

Falkirk   157.3 to 192.1  Up 22.12%   

THEN A LARGE GAP

North Lanarkshire  225.6 to 158.2     Down 29.88%

Renfrewshire  171.4 to 152.4  Down 11.09%

Stirling 139.1 to 146.5   Up 5.32%   Rises now for 3 weeks in a row.

West Lothian  139.8 to 143.6   Up 2.72%   Supposedly another Privately run Prison sending Breich Valley to 1,385 cases per 100K and rising.

South Lanarkshire 189.1 to 142.0  Down 24.91%

Glasgow City  208.3 to 141.5  Down 32.07% 

North Ayrshire 201.1 to 135.8  Down 32.47%   

THEN ANOTHER GAP

East Renfrewshire  164.3 to 112.0  Down 31.83%

Inverclyde  144.0 to 99.0 Down 31.25%

Midlothian   115.7 to 94.1  Down 18.67% 

Dumfries & Galloway 143.8 to 84.6 Down 41.17%

South Ayrshire   134.1 to 83.5 Down 37.73%

Western Isles   71.1 to 82.3  Up 15.75%

Argyll & Bute   72.2 to 78.0  Up 8.03%   

East Dunbartonshire   169.4 to 76.4 Down 54.90%  Brilliant compared to it's near neighbour.

Moray   102.3 to 74.1  Down 27.57% 

East Lothian  71.9 to 71.0  Down 1.25%  

Perth & Kinross    121.1 to 59.2 Down 51.11%   Just an outstanding fortnight.

City Of Edinburgh  72.6 to 58.7  Down 19.15%  

Angus   139.4 to 56.8  Down 59.25%    Just an outstanding fortnight.

Highlands  74.6 to 53.9  Down 27.75%

Fife  83.3 to 52.7   Down 36.73% 

Aberdeenshire 70.8 to 45.9  Down 35.17%  

Dundee City 106.5 to 37.5  Down 64.79%   Just an outstanding fortnight.

Aberdeen City   86.2 to 36.7 Down 57.42%   Just an outstanding fortnight.

Scottish  Borders  79.6 to 27.7  Down 65.20% Just an outstanding fortnight.

Orkney Island  26.9 to 26.9  No change

Shetland Islands  4.4 to 4.4  No change

Edited by superbigal

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:
Bloody hell, at this rate there's not going to be a Party left not to vote for.

I should qualify that if Greer had correctly stated that the arse cheeks should be prohibited from having fans back long after the rest of us have returned to our routine of shite pies and abuse, he would have my vote plus that of anyone I could successfully bully into it.

bullying is never acceptable.   

It's very easy to feel down at the minute but you can only look forward to better times ahead.    Imagine how good it will be when fans are back at the football.  The atmosphere will be great and attendances will be up.   The next time at a live music gig.   The night out with mates.     I'm just back from my daily steps and it's great to feel the relative warmth in the air today and how bright it feels.....and it's 4 months till the Euros.  

We usually hear Sturgeon going on about how many of a certain age group have been given a jab.  Why the change in her rhetoric today when she said on numerous occasions - " Have been offered the jag"
Because they are to all intents and purposes finished with those age groups. They have vaccinated everyone who wanted vaccinated. It's one thing to use offered in that context, it's another to use it as a description of a person sent a letter inviting them to take the jag.

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I don’t pay much attention to Greer but he probably took a few years off Piers Morgan’s life with his annoying wee smug contrarian act so I’m all for him still.

Ha, that was funny but he needs to act his age more, far to serious. Go out son and get smashed on merrydown get your hole and wake up covered in a king sized kebab. That will stand you in good stead for a life of politics.

I don’t pay much attention to Greer but he probably took a few years off Piers Morgan’s life with his annoying wee smug contrarian act so I’m all for him still.

He will always carry some degree of credit for that, but this particular crisis seems to have allowed a certain view of football's fans in Scotland out into the light. It will be hard to reverse. I mean, do you think there is ANY chance of attending football being treated in accordance with the risk it presents being an outdoor activity, at any point on the road out of this?

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

There is nothing wrong with continuing to research. But even with reduced efficacy, the vaccine still performs much better at preventing serious illness than the flu vaccine ever does, and will have much greater population coverage.

Talking constantly about a specific, hypothetical, mutation like it is A guaranteed to happen, and B will happen abroad, helps no one think rationally.

And comparing it to the chance of an asteroid hitting the earth is a much more sensible approach? 

Edited by madwullie

I'm a member of the Green Party and have actually leafleted for them in the local area over the last couple of years. I generally agree with Greer on a lot of issues (for example he was spot on about the exam results fiasco all summer), but he's bang out of order on this one and I've emailed him (as my List MSP) to say so. The notion of collective punishment is just an absolutely rotten take - the only reason to not have crowds at events is for public health reasons - as soon as it is safe to do so there is absolutely no reason not to.

Edited by craigkillie

18 minutes ago, madwullie said:

And comparing it to the chance of an asteroid hitting the earth is a much more sensible approach? 

The liklihood of a mutation coming along which renders our vaccines useless is remote.

It would be nice if our leaders acknowledged this whilst talking about them absolutely every day.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The liklihood of a mutation coming along which renders our vaccines useless is remote.

Do you have any expertise in virus mutation or any research that supports such a claim?

Edited by Granny Danger

It would be nice if our leaders acknowledged this whilst talking about them absolutely every day.
I would prefer to simply say that mutation is an inevitability of any virus, and with that in mind, people can rest assured that mutations will be tracked, and vaccines tailored in real time to ensure that no mutation is allowed to become a problem of the scale we seen prior to having any vaccines at all.

Just kill the fucking chat stone dead and let those employed to deal with this shit as they do every year with flu handle their business.

The amount of airtime given to political correspondents analysing something they have less than zero fucking clue about has been as bizarre as it is brutal throughout this.

39 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Elric said:
We usually hear Sturgeon going on about how many of a certain age group have been given a jab.  Why the change in her rhetoric today when she said on numerous occasions - " Have been offered the jag"

Because they are to all intents and purposes finished with those age groups. They have vaccinated everyone who wanted vaccinated. It's one thing to use offered in that context, it's another to use it as a description of a person sent a letter inviting them to take the jag.

😂

I'm guessing this is in reference to everyone deciding that was definitely what WM meant, before they came out and clarified that it meant they'd actually vaccinated everyone that could have one and wanted one.

The SG are only using the word "offered" now because, as they have reached the date they said they would achieve everyone in the top 4 JCVI categories, it sounds better than saying something along the lines of "we have vaccinated 98% of those in the top 4 groups" - that's not a criticism of it not being 100% btw, as there are obvious reasons why 100% is unrealistic.

On that note, it's a great achievement to achieve that. Well done.

Edited by Todd_is_God