Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

will either, be able to sufficiently hold my nose to vote SNP, OR I won't vote at all due to a lack of credible alternative and a refusal to vote FOR anything that would hinder independence.

Spoil your ballot, the party officials are the count see them and if enough people were in you position it would get through, say vote for the SNP and then write over the ballot what you think of their handling of the pandemic, obviously not chapter and verse but a end lockdown or end restrictions etc etc.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Spoil your ballot, the party officials are the count see them and if enough people were in you position it would get through, say vote for the SNP and then write over the ballot what you think of their handling of the pandemic, obviously not chapter and verse but a end lockdown or end restrictions etc etc.

I have spoiled ballots in the past so aye that's an option too.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Write messages on the ballot, are you serious?

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Pretty much my take, only difference for my never voting Labour is that when the cards were on the table in the first referendum, they went with the Tory tactic of complete fear mongering, dragging out arseholes like Gordon Brown to tell a pack of lies on their and the tories behalf. I had vowed at that point that I was done with ever considering them. Their entire manifesto to Scottish folk at a GE nowadays is that by voting SNP, its making it impossible for them to get back in to power. An issue wholly of their own making. 

Agree with what you say though, not sure who else you can vote for outside the SNP, which is why for the first time in my life I'm erring towards no-one... something  I had always thought I'd never do. 

But surely if you want independence then you must vote for the SNP then after indy you vote for whoever you want.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I am in the same boat as you tbh. Increasingly seething with the government, and by May that anger will either have subsided or risen exponentially which will ultimately determine which of my only 2 conceivable options I pick.

I will either, be able to sufficiently hold my nose to vote SNP, OR I won't vote at all due to a lack of credible alternative and a refusal to vote FOR anything that would hinder independence.

The SNP are a means to an end.

If you want independence then you must vote SNP and when we regain our independence THEN you can vote for whatever political party you want!

59 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That's where I'll be giving both my votes this year. I've voted SNP every single time since I turned 18 but I cannot endorse the last 12 months of care homes, platforming Leitch and The Guys, economic ruin caused by the lengthiest restrictions in Europe and being spoken to like a 6 year old on a daily basis.

I will never vote for a Unionist party so Greens it is.

Well said 

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Greens are pro Indy. Not sure it’s a meaningful option though 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

That's where I'll be giving both my votes this year. I've voted SNP every single time since I turned 18 but I cannot endorse the last 12 months of care homes, platforming Leitch and The Guys, economic ruin caused by the lengthiest restrictions in Europe and being spoken to like a 6 year old on a daily basis.

I will never vote for a Unionist party so Greens it is.

The Greens would have us hunkered down more than anyone. They are absolutely mental. Their co-leader in England and Wales told Andrew Marr this morning that the aviation industry can essentially be left to rot.

The green recovery does not need to involve bailing out companies such as those in the airline industry with subsidies, but "investing in people" instead, she says.

Crackpots. Ljsl9nQ.png

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

What possible good is that?

Spoil an SNP ballot paper and let the unionists in?

That make sense in your head?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I have spoiled ballots in the past so aye that's an option too.

At least your voice would be heard rather than electing a Government through pure apathy.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Yeh, it's what I'll be doing. I cant vote for any party in this election in good faith the Anti Trans sentiment from some senior members of the SNP has been nothing short of shameful. If it wasn't so serious I would find it laughable that folk are willing to ignore the Trans debacle and vote for them anyway.

Just now, Wee Willie said:

But surely if you want independence then you must vote for the SNP then after indy you vote for whoever you want.

The SNP are a means to an end.

If you want independence then you must vote SNP and when we regain our independence THEN you can vote for whatever political party you want!

Well said 

I know the SNP are a means to an end as far as  future independence goes, but in the here and now, the crisis of our times is happening, and it is going to be prolonged and made worse than it needs to by what I consider to be a ludicrous and dangerous position which seems to be manifesting within Scotgov. I cant reconcile this current state of affairs against the potential for indy some time in the future.

between you and me, i'll probs just draw a cock on it.

Just now, Wee Willie said:

What possible good is that?

Spoil an SNP ballot paper and let the unionists in?

That make sense in your head?

If that's true not pitching up will have the same effect. But the vote count would be significantly down which isn't a good look in my opinion.

If the option was between not voting and spoiling your ballot, which it was in this case, then spoiling your ballot is better, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

At least your voice would be heard rather than electing a Government through pure apathy.

Yeh, it's what I'll be doing. I cant vote for any party in this election in good faith the Anti Trans sentiment from some senior members of the SNP has been nothing short of shameful. If it wasn't so serious I would find it laughable that folk are willing to ignore the Trans debacle and vote for them anyway.

I've spoilt papers before, but do you think the message will be passed anywhere?

Posted at 10:06

'No plans' to introduce vaccine passport

Na***** Zahawi says phase one of the vaccination programme remains the government’s “focus” - targeting nine priority groups - which is what “it will deliver as rapidly as possible by May”.

However, he says for phase two it will go back to the the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) to determine whether frontline workers should then be prioritised for vaccines.

He also says the government is not looking at introducing vaccine passports for several reasons – vaccines are not mandated in the UK, it is not known what impact vaccines have on transmission and it would be “discriminatory”.

“Of course you have the evidence that you have been vaccinated held by your GP and if other countries require you to show proof that is up to those countries," he says.

"We have no plan of introducing a vaccine passport."

At least it's good to again hear this from the horse's mouth. Granted, these clowns have done U-turn after U-turn, but firing proof of vaccination to enter a public place in the bin, while still being able to obtain proof from your GP if it is an entry requirement to another country, is the sensible option to take.

I've spoilt papers before, but do you think the message will be passed anywhere?

Yes, if it's more than say 10 at any count the party officials will say it's an emerging trend and the person who goes on to be elected will know it was a theme at their count, it's worth remembering that there is going to be a huge shake up of the Government with Freeman, Russell, Cunningham and Campbell are all giving up so a new bunch of representatives will take their place and if they know the big issue of the vote wasn't Alex Salmond, the Trans debate but was instead the continuation of restrictions then maybe they can move things along a bit.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Yes, if it's more than say 10 at any count the party officials will say it's an emerging trend and the person who goes on to be elected will know it was a theme at their count, it's worth remembering that there is going to be a huge shake up of the Government with Freeman, Russell, Cunningham and Campbell are all giving up so a new bunch of representatives will take their place and if they know the big issue of the vote wasn't Alex Salmond, the Trans debate but was instead the continuation of restrictions then maybe they can move things along a bit.

I wouldn't bank on it.

Back to covid for a second as I forgot to ask this yesterday, has anyone seen/read about this EXOCD-24 treatment the Israelis have been trialling. Pretty much hailing it as a cure

How does this work? Hopefully it doesn't increase the chances of further mutation as appeared to be the case with convalescent plasma.

Back to covid for a second as I forgot to ask this yesterday, has anyone seen/read about this EXOCD-24 treatment the Israelis have been trialling. Pretty much hailing it as a cure

Promising but only 29 people in a phase 1 trial. Could be yet another thing to bring us out but will be a month or 2 until it's a sure fire cure.