Coronavirus (COVID-19)

36 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I don’t think she’ll be aware of it but my mum and aunts have been met with all sorts of “ah but” nonsense. The district nurse was meant to go see her last week but didn’t. The GP surgery said they hadn’t had vaccines delivered. Could be legit reasons but it’s pissing me off now when they’re lining up younger and/or less vulnerable folk. Obviously pleased my parents are getting their vaccines but it’s upsetting the family that my Gran seems to be being forgot about or pushed aside.

I believe the done thing is to email Jackie Baillie so that she can ask the FM about it next Wednesday.

13 minutes ago, stuart87 said:

Can someone please ask these fuckers what the actual fucking reasons are for maintaining restrictions after everyone is vaccinated?

Someone in Cambodia might get the virus and this is ruinous for Scotland. CAN'T BE TOO CAREFUL! 

Well we're finally living in upside down times.

I never thought I'd see the day I genuinely hoped the UK Government would step in and tell the Scottish Government to get a fucking grip about anything but with Swinney's absolutely batshit mental statement on never ending restrictions even after the population is fully vaccinated, here I am.

29 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The goal for eg Leitch is to continue to be standing on a stage on TV every day reading numbers and pontificating about how we should live our lives, so I'm not surprised at the rhetoric coming out about restrictions forever in case of "variants".

What+matters+to+you_+_+TEDxGlasgow.jpg

"And truly The Good Lord shall rise on Judgement Day and tear asunder the drinkers, the philanderers and the mask deniers. A socially distanced room awaits the believers in my Father's house..."

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Such brainless generalising.

We should disregard the rights and vulnerabilities of all old people because more of them voted in a way you (and I incidentally) didn't.

It's pathetic.

I'm not sure what group of islands you've been living on, if you think that the rights of boomers have ever been disregarded. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

I'm not sure what group of islands you've been living on, if you think that the rights of boomers have ever been disregarded. 

I didn't say they had been.  I was challenging the views of someone who thinks they should be though.

It's also a lazy mythology that tells us everyone of that age has a super pension and is the outright owner of expensive property.  Lots of older people endure the type of poverty that should trouble those who rightly attack Tories.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I didn't say they had been.  I was challenging the views of someone who thinks they should be though.

It's also a lazy mythology that tells us everyone of that age has a super pension and is the outright owner of expensive property.  Lots of older people endure the type of poverty that should trouble those who rightly attack Tories.

The U.K. state pension is far inferior to most comparable European countries.

21 hours ago, superbigal said:

Todays update:  North Lanarkshire continues good progress going from top of the table to 4th in 2 days. .   Falkirk bucking the trend going the wrong way and their Infection rate at 7.3% does not suggest due to mass testing. Aberdeen City approaching only 50 cases per 100K. D&G crack through 100 barrier despite Stranraer being ridden for weeks now. Only 1 active case between Shetlands & Orkneys.

In Europe Portugal still tops charts at 618

Home Nations Infection  cases per 100K over the most up to date 7 days.

England 260.6 to 257.6 down 1.15%,  Wales 135.7 to 138.6 up 2.14%, Northern Ireland 203.7 to 201.1  down 1.28%  

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan    

Yesterdays figure 27th Jan to 2nd Feb was 125.9

Todays figure for 28th Jan to 4rd Feb is 122.5   Another  single Day drop of 2.70%. Infections have dropped every day (now THIRTY days in a row) since the aforementioned peak.  Total drop is now 59.42%

Council 24 hour progress below

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Falkirk    213.5 to 218.5   Really poor and this is not down to mass testing as the infection percentage would be much lower.

West Dunbartonshire 176.5 to 187.8  Poor last couple of days

Glasgow City 188.9 to 184.5

North Lanarkshire  196.6 to 181.6  Another great day of 7.63% drop.

Renfrewshire  171.4 to 177.0

South Lanarkshire  176.3 to 169.4

Clackmannanshire  163.0 to 161.0 

North Ayrshire 170.7 to 159.6

East Renfrewshire  166.4 to 159.1

East Ayrshire 156.5 to 154.1

East Dunbartonshire 159.4 to 142.7  Over 10% single day fall

Inverclyde 144.0 to 141.4

Stirling 127.4 to 129.5

Dundee City  124.6 to 129.3  Continues poor recent progress  

West Lothian   133.9 to 127.8 

South Ayrshire  120.8 to 120.8

Angus  108.4 to 109.3    

Dumfries & Galloway  105.5 to 96.1  Joins the sub 100 club

Argyll & Bute  85.0 to 94.3

Perth & Kinross  97.4 to 93.5 

Midlothian   97.3 to 91.9  

East Lothian  87.8 to 88.7

Western Isles  101.0 to 86.1  

Moray  81.4 to 80.4

Fife   77.9 to 73.4

Scottish  Borders  75.3 to 67.5

Aberdeenshire   62.8 to 65.5    

City Of Edinburgh   66.9 to 65.2

Aberdeen City   61.7  to 56.4  Astonishing 8.59% drop on the day. Highest neighbourhood only 173.5

Highlands  61.5 to 56.4

Orkney Island  9.0 to 4.5  

Shetland Islands  0.0 to 0.0   

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

They also had access to free education, a massively subsidised council house buying scheme and countless other perks that their generational cohort voted for themselves, before pulling up the ladder by voting overwhelmingly for the Tories and Brexit in their gammon-flavoured dotage.

Given that society has also now set its economy on fire for nearly a full year, to deal with a virus that is not dangerous to the overwhelming majority of working age adults and lower, 'we need to think about the old' is not exactly the effective rallying cry that you want it to be. 

Edited by vikingTON