Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Well.... Not blaming the folk who actively vote Tory for getting successive Tory governments is certainly consistent with your recent observations. I'll give you that.

Typical response from today's generations of moaners, if I was in England I wouldn't have voted for Corbyn n Co either. 

Just now, ayrmad said:

Typical response from today's generations of moaners, if I was in England I wouldn't have voted for Corbyn n Co either. 

Aye, it's all the fault of the woke snowflakes.... Something something can't even call it Christmas.... Kids just need a good kicking

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

I've just been sworn at and called a disgrace to my profession for having the temerity not to accept a request from a punter to look at a mole they've had on their back for years.

My salient advice of sir you're here for a jag, not a consultation, you should phone your practice on Monday if concerned was not the correct answer.

That was met with its my right to be looked at you fucking c**t, im reporting you.    No problem sir you do that.  

You have to love the public.  

You are a disgrace to your profession.

The correct thing to do would have been to look at the mole, then ram the vaccination needle right through the fucker, and tell him you've done a 2for1 injection/biopsy.

24 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
39 minutes ago, Elixir said:
What's this? A geriatric Brexit voter trying to take the side of academia?
Into a care home you go.

Good to see you branching out into virology after a long and fruitful career in astrophysics btw.

Wait, you actually took that seriously?

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye, it's all the fault of the woke snowflakes.... Something something can't even call it Christmas.... Kids just need a good kicking

It's those generations that prefer to forego their vote then moan about the consequences of their choice, I've no time for non voters that wish to talk politics, once the ability to vote remotely on their phone becomes reality we might see an acceptable % of them voting, until then we'll just have to listen them moaning about the big bad government that others chose. 

I can see why it is appealing to many nations in the short-medium term, but as the risk from Covid de-ecalates over the next couple of years into something not much different from the hundreds of other respiratory viruses in circulation, there should be no need for any real measures beyond what was currently in place prior to the pandemic, such as surveillance for influenza. The problem is, if something like this is introduced, will it be done away with once that point arrives, i.e. when it is down to the risk of seasonal influenza or the other human coronaviruses?
We already need to get vaccines to visit certain countries, for example, for yellow fever.

It should be no surprise that some countries will insist on proof of vaccination - if a vaccine passport helps that then it's not a problem - certainly better than the bogus vaccination certificates that are doing the rounds.

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He can get himself squarely to f**k tbh. I will not follow a single rule that's within my control once the general population are vaccinated.

Why are Swinney and Freeman allowed to open their mouths and continually spout undiluted pish? No one can have any faith in either of them, fair enough Freeman is going soon but Swinney there is no hope for this incompentent.  And yet this is what people are going to vote for in May?

So the Scottish Government has gone from 'level zero is the closest we can get to normality without a vaccine!' to 'social distancing restrictions will continue even once the entire population is vaccinated!'

Yet more consistant and hopeful communication from this utter clownshoe cartel. As others have said, once this point is reached, my mask will be in the bin and other people can remain under the covers in their own personal imprisonment if they see fit.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

We already need to get vaccines to visit certain countries, for example, for yellow fever.

It should be no surprise that some countries will insist on proof of vaccination - if a vaccine passport helps that then it's not a problem - certainly better than the bogus vaccination certificates that are doing the rounds.

I agree, hence my point about the short-medium term, but Covid is not going to remain the threat it is today forever, and it's not really comparable to yellow fever.

That said, if the quick flash or scan of proof of vaccination is all that is required to clear security and immigration, in place of testing and/or quarantine, obviously the choice is clear. I simply worry about future mission creep should this become permanent.

Not quite by then as you need to give those a 2nd dose who require it which will be included in the same vaccination numbers. Shouldnt be too far off early summer though!
That's taking into account a split of around 20k daily second dose and 30k first dose when we get to the end of March. It's just a reasonable guesstimate based on current progress. Of course weather and supply could slow things down.

Agreed on the risk part but I don't see any reason why a vaccine passport can't be part of that. 
If there's still a compelling health argument not to allow vaccine passport travel, fine. But the "we can't go on holiday until everyone can cos inequality" is bullshit.
Apparently it also discriminates against younger people who will be vaccinated last....

15 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It's those generations that prefer to forego their vote then moan about the consequences of their choice, I've no time for non voters that wish to talk politics, once the ability to vote remotely on their phone becomes reality we might see an acceptable % of them voting, until then we'll just have to listen them moaning about the big bad government that others chose. 

Ah.... Smartphones. Some extra thick gammon there....

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I agree, hence my point about the short-medium term, but Covid is not going to remain the threat it is today forever, and it's not really comparable to yellow fever.

That said, if the quick flash or scan of proof of vaccination is all that is required to clear security and immigration, in place of testing and/or quarantine, obviously the choice is clear. I simply worry about future mission creep should this become permanent.

We are already right up to the hinge in mission creep tbh

45 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Old people's selfish voting habits are to blame for the state of the U.K., covid handling and more widely.

f**k them.

Such brainless generalising.

We should disregard the rights and vulnerabilities of all old people because more of them voted in a way you (and I incidentally) didn't.

It's pathetic.

Was just thinking to myself a year ago our work put an email out asking for us to disclose any holidays we had booked, and asking for details of our properties and internet speed rates as a precaution.

23rd March I got sent home from the office to work from home, leaving a half finished cup of coffee on my desk.

I’d fucking dread to think how that mug now looks.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Has she made contact through the helpline to let them know she seems to have been missed?

I don’t think she’ll be aware of it but my mum and aunts have been met with all sorts of “ah but” nonsense. The district nurse was meant to go see her last week but didn’t. The GP surgery said they hadn’t had vaccines delivered. Could be legit reasons but it’s pissing me off now when they’re lining up younger and/or less vulnerable folk. Obviously pleased my parents are getting their vaccines but it’s upsetting the family that my Gran seems to be being forgot about or pushed aside.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Was just thinking to myself a year ago our work put an email out asking for us to disclose any holidays we had booked, and asking for details of our properties and internet speed rates as a precaution.

23rd March I got sent home from the office to work from home, leaving a half finished cup of coffee on my desk.

I’d fucking dread to think how that mug now looks.

We know where the next pandemic is coming from now.

20 minutes ago, Elixir said:

So the Scottish Government has gone from 'level zero is the closest we can get to normality without a vaccine!' to 'social distancing restrictions will continue even once the entire population is vaccinated!'

Yet more consistant and hopeful communication from this utter clownshoe cartel. As others have said, once this point is reached, my mask will be in the bin and other people can remain under the covers in their own personal imprisonment if they see fit.

Trying desperately to maintain nanny state control over the public in the same manner as they control their party. Do they seriously think people will accept this and where is their justifications.