Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

I've just been sworn at and called a disgrace to my profession for having the temerity not to accept a request from a punter to look at a mole they've had on their back for years.

My salient advice of sir you're here for a jag, not a consultation, you should phone your practice on Monday if concerned was not the correct answer.

That was met with its my right to be looked at you fucking c**t, im reporting you.    No problem sir you do that.  

You have to love the public.  

Sorry pal I can be a bit irritable when I'm hungover

5 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I've just been sworn at and called a disgrace to my profession for having the temerity not to accept a request from a punter to look at a mole they've had on their back for years.

My salient advice of sir you're here for a jag, not a consultation, you should phone your practice on Monday if concerned was not the correct answer.

That was met with its my right to be looked at you fucking c**t, im reporting you.    No problem sir you do that.  

Should have told him to like it or lump it.

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

No problem, I will look at your lesion on Monday.   Oh no I can't I'm on leave meet week.  Happy days, will buy you a pint instead, awwh shit...

^^^Takes holidays/lacks commitment. Captain Tom would be turning in his grave, if they'd buried him yet.

55 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Looking at the global situation dispassionately, we have done and are doing irreparable damage. We could still pull back from the edge, but too much power lies in the hands of people who believe their money will buy them out of any issues - and as long as they can realistically fix the tipping point past their own life expectancy, they don't care about anyone's future.

Greenie for the Steve Earle quote, btw.emoji111.png

Oddly enough, this current pandemic is doing quite a lot to slow down emissions that increase carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere, almost as if Mother Nature knows what she is doing.

11 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Should have injected him with Novichok instead.

Meanwhile, I see that truly revered former health secretary Jeremy Hunt has been talking about that scary mutation which 'could' be out there somewhere and 'could' also completely evade the vaccines, so that once cases are down at 1,200 a day we can continue contact tracing like the South Koreans and Taiwanese. I mean, that went so successfully last time, not only here, but in the western gold standard, Germany.

23 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Can I send you a photo of mine?

32 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Off the list then?

Just watching Newsnight and they had on some Professor of Global Health talking about vaccine passports. Absolutely nothing to say  about the health implications. Basically just saying it would be unfair to allow vaccinated people to travel when those who haven't had it or can't have it can't. When asked what about if the government decides liberty trumps inequality, she replied "that would be unfortunate".

Are you fucking joking here? I'm likely to be relatively near the back of the queue for vaccines what kind of utter c**t would I have to be to think my 60 year old neighbour who's been vaccinated can't go on fucking holiday until I can?

Following through on that logic do we all need to wait the best part of a decade until some 18 year old in Eritrea has finally had that last vaccine and got her vaccine passport and we can all go on holiday again?

Edited by Gordon EF

8 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Just watching Newsnight and they had on some Professor of Global Health talking about vaccine passports. Absolutely nothing to say  about the health implications. Basically just saying it would be unfair to allow vaccinated people to travel when those who haven't had it or can't have it can't. When asked what about if the government decides liberty trumps inequality, she replied "that would be unfortunate".

Are you fucking joking here? I'm likely to be relatively near the back of the queue for vaccines what kind of utter c**t would I have to be to think my 60 year old neighbour who's been vaccinated can't go on fucking holiday until I can?

Following through on that logic do we all need to wait the best part of a decade until some 18 year old in Eritrea has finally had that last vaccine and got her vaccine passport and we can all go on holiday again?

If you listen to some of the sage folks we’d all just stay in the house forever just to be sure. 

10 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

My parents (late 60’s) have received their letters to go get their vaccines next week. 

My Gran (almost 94) still hasn’t had her vaccine yet. 

Fvcking joke.

Has she made contact through the helpline to let them know she seems to have been missed?

21 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Think the passport thing is pie in the sky tbh. countries should be permitting/denying travel from/to wherever based on a balance of risk

13 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If you listen to some of the sage folks we’d all just stay in the house forever just to be sure. 

Thankfully, many of the academics who are married to their careers inside their myopic little worlds will not be deciding matters.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Think the passport thing is pie in the sky tbh. countries should be permitting/denying travel from/to wherever based on a balance of risk

Agreed on the risk part but I don't see any reason why a vaccine passport can't be part of that. 

If there's still a compelling health argument not to allow vaccine passport travel, fine. But the "we can't go on holiday until everyone can cos inequality" is bullshit.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I can see why it is appealing to many nations in the short-medium term, but as the risk from Covid de-ecalates over the next couple of years into something not much different from the hundreds of other respiratory viruses in circulation, there should be no need for any real measures beyond what was currently in place prior to the pandemic, such as surveillance for influenza. The problem is, if something like this is introduced, will it be done away with once that point arrives, i.e. when it is down to the risk of seasonal influenza or the other human coronaviruses?

5 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Thankfully, many of the academics who are married to their careers inside their myopic little worlds will not be deciding matters.

Equally thankfully, neither will sad know-it-all fucks on football chat sites.