Coronavirus (COVID-19)

57 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

What's the obsession with travel restrictions. There are way worse restrictions. I can't go 10 miles up the road due to a LA boundary yet all you seem to be focusing on is a ban on going abroad. I have family in several places abroad but I will get to see them when I can. I am much more keen to see a return to going for a meal, the football, a pint or heaven forbid a day at the races which all seem way more day to day and mundane and hence missed more than a couple of weeks on holiday or a visit to relatives.

Thank god I’m not part of your family! Going for a pint and a day at the races a bigger priority than seeing family. Christ.

10 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Nah, I've genuinely done as I pleased all my life and I'm not bitching and whining about this shit on a daily basis, If this is the worst thing that happens in my life over the next few years then it'll be much better than the previous 5 or 6.

If you are genuinely suggesting the last year has been better for you than the previous 6, then I have a lot of sympathy. Your existence must be one of the most miserable ones on the planet.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re right, the majority aren’t always correct.  In this instance people will be able to make an objective judgement on the SG’s performance on a range of issues and vote accordingly.  When they do I reckon it will not suit the torn faced moaners on this thread.

Just like people were able to make an objective judgement on Scottish independence, on Brexit... You can’t just hide your opinions behind the polls.

It’s almost certainly the case that no one else up here would be doing any better, but that sort of reaction to any criticism is just childish.

Well the good news is the tory rags down South today are running that things will be 'normal by May' according to the Covid Recovery Group (formerly ERG (they've rebadged it you fool)).

So after 12 weeks to turn the corner, a great British summer, normal by November and a family Christmas I'm sure that things will definitely be better by May.

7 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

All of these restrictions?  No way will other countries, which have not vaccinated a decent proportion of their population, allow tourists. Foreign holidays can wait...ok some countries will open up quicker than others...but stop moaning at every single opportunity.

Countries are already opening up to those who have been vaccinated or even have had Covid in the last 90 days. Estonia being one, Romania another (Bucharest is a great place for a long weekend), and others looking at it.  

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/covid-vaccine-quarantine-estonia-romania-b1796251.html

2 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Well the good news is the tory rags down South today are running that things will be 'normal by May' according to the Covid Recovery Group (formerly ERG (they've rebadged it you fool)).

So after 12 weeks to turn the corner, a great British summer, normal by November and a family Christmas I'm sure that things will definitely be better by May.

We had a family christmas last year, that went well.

What sort of answer is that? Do you think society should be put on hold to give folk a bit of respite from their own children, shit parenting 101.

I’ve 2 kids. One at Uni and one in 6th year with an unconditional, so no respite needed here

However, school isn’t respite. It’s about giving kids a chance at a future. If that means I can’t have a week in Benidorm for a year, I’m cool with that.

1 minute ago, MP_MFC said:

I certainly don't expect normality by May.

I don't think it's unreasonable though to expect a greater level of normality at that point, than at any point in the prior 14 months and for the levels of normality in the weeks and months that follow to only be gradually increasing back to a level where there's no restrictions.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Thank god I’m not part of your family! Going for a pint and a day at the races a bigger priority than seeing family. Christ.

If you are genuinely suggesting the last year has been better for you than the previous 6, then I have a lot of sympathy. Your existence must be one of the most miserable ones on the planet.

I don't have bad days, more close family deaths than I would have liked in that time but at least I don't have any over 50's apart from myself to worry about. 

Being miserable is a choice I don't care to choose. 

The ones that live overseas and I see once every couple of years v something I do week in week out...absolutely the mundane day to day comes first when we can't do f**k all. It's not as if we aren't in touch ffs. Bizarre take on things !

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I certainly don't expect normality by May.

I don't think it's unreasonable though to expect a greater level of normality at that point, than at any point in the prior 14 months and for the levels of normality in the weeks and months that follow to only be gradually increasing back to a level where there's no restrictions.

A sensible and reasonable post.  

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
26 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
Omaha beach away, proper tear up

Ffs don't bring beaches into it - you'll start Paulo up again.

D-day was a total shit holiday tbh. Couldn’t get any peace and quiet would not recommend.

EtawqGOWgAY6FHw?format=jpg%26name=medium&key=ea5912fed580121222c33ac4a09f813a8a4dad11508710fad03f11d381fef76c
If that is the case then even the new estimates deadline will be a tough task to meet.

6 weeks to complete courses and assessments will be difficult in some subject areas.

Swinney's clowncar performance is the reason we are in this situation.

We could have had a lot of assessments completed if they had made the decision last summer.

It's going to end up being inferred results again.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Being the loving, caring partner that I am, I won't stop criticising the Scottish Government and their clownshoe advisers until they are inevitably forced into a humiliating climbdown over their nonsensical border policies once the population is innoculated. shittea.png

I hate to break it to you but our borders are a, policed by the UK government and b, probably the most open and free in Europe.

I hadn't ever seen you post before, before you started beating this drum of yours but it's becoming tedious now. Especially as you move from the understandable frustration to fabrication, i.e in one post you say there is no plan out of this but you appear to be privy to the SG plan for cross border movement in country that has rolled out its vaccine, I'm sure we would all be interested in seeing that document?

Or are you saying that their policy will change after a vaccine has been successfully delivered because if so your emotive language of "humiliating climbdown" is beyond childish unless you wish to see the Government take no short term action against specific threats.

You have plenty posts on the border issue but what exactly would you have done differently if you were the Scottish Government?

Closed all international borders to non residents like NZ/ Australia, with mandatory "controlled" quarantine? 

Close your border to all travelers inc. residents?

Kept borders open with quarantine restrictions on certain high risk countries & locator forms to identify and quarantine potentially infected people.

Unrestricted flow through border.

Genuinely interested as I don't think with the border we have to the south and west that there is a silver bullet, which option would you have gone for?

Just now, Wee Bully said:

I’ve 2 kids. One at Uni and one in 6th year with an unconditional, so no respite needed here

However, school isn’t respite. It’s about giving kids a chance at a future. If that means I can’t have a week in Benidorm for a year, I’m cool with that.

So what about the rest of the population? Do we have to go along with getting the kid back at all costs, which gives us more restrictions? It's pure facebook maws/mumsnet sceaming. Wer'e all in it together but don't look at one of the main breeding grounds. Why are the teachers up in arms wanting to dodge the virus?

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

I hate to break it to you but our borders are a, policed by the UK government and b, probably the most open and free in Europe.

I hadn't ever seen you post before, before you started beating this drum of yours but it's becoming tedious now. Especially as you move from the understandable frustration to fabrication, i.e in one post you say there is no plan out of this but you appear to be privy to the SG plan for cross border movement in country that has rolled out its vaccine, I'm sure we would all be interested in seeing that document?

Or are you saying that their policy will change after a vaccine has been successfully delivered because if so your emotive language of "humiliating climbdown" is beyond childish unless you wish to see the Government take no short term action against specific threats.

You have plenty posts on the border issue but what exactly would you have done differently if you were the Scottish Government?

Closed all international borders to non residents like NZ/ Australia, with mandatory "controlled" quarantine? 

Close your border to all travelers inc. residents?

Kept borders open with quarantine restrictions on certain high risk countries & locator forms to identify and quarantine potentially infected people.

Unrestricted flow through border.

Genuinely interested as I don't think with the border we have to the south and west that there is a silver bullet, which option would you have gone for?

tl;dr