Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Being the loving, caring partner that I am, I won't stop criticising the Scottish Government and their clownshoe advisers until they are inevitably forced into a humiliating climbdown over their nonsensical border policies once the population is innoculated. shittea.png&key=dbffb206f7f7c38bd1022bdbb7f1d28ef23c2f52ceb1df3819fff78572b31a32
What's the obsession with travel restrictions. There are way worse restrictions. I can't go 10 miles up the road due to a LA boundary yet all you seem to be focusing on is a ban on going abroad. I have family in several places abroad but I will get to see them when I can. I am much more keen to see a return to going for a meal, the football, a pint or heaven forbid a day at the races which all seem way more day to day and mundane and hence missed more than a couple of weeks on holiday or a visit to relatives.

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

The law element isn't being enforced unless the offence is massive - and even then there's evidence of repeat offenders.

I think there's a relatively significant minority of folk who are breaking rules regularly, and that's part of the problem. As i said, there are no easy solutions to this.

And yes, i think there's a good chance that helping to educate folk who break the rules will be more effective than the current deterrent.

But you're determined to be a c**t about it so there's not much point in continuing this.

There was over 320 fines handed out in Scotland between 28th December and 3rd January alone, so unless you're contesting those were all "massive offences" your first point is complete pish. 

Why do you need to put grieving people through more pain to educate folk? It's a way of "reform" that isn't used very often because it puts a lot of strain on the victims. Surely at a time where the entire country has suffered it's sadistic to put folk through more suffering, and you're calling me a c**t about this :lol:

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

What's the obsession with travel restrictions. There are way worse restrictions. I can't go 10 miles up the road due to a LA boundary yet all you seem to be focusing on is a ban on going abroad. I have family in several places abroad but I will get to see them when I can. I am much more keen to see a return to going for a meal, the football, a pint or heaven forbid a day at the races which all seem way more day to day and mundane and hence missed more than a couple of weeks on holiday or a visit to relatives.

These. Are. Not. Mutually. Exclusive. Things. 

With a stack of perfectly fine vaccines in place, all of these restrictions can and should be progressively chucked in the bin between now and June. 

There was over 320 fines handed out in Scotland between 28th December and 3rd January alone, so unless you're contesting those were all "massive offences" your first point is complete pish. 
Why do you need to put grieving people through more pain to educate folk? It's a way of "reform" that isn't used very often because it puts a lot of strain on the victims. Surely at a time where the entire country has suffered it's sadistic to put folk through more suffering, and you're calling me a c**t about this [emoji38]

What the f**k are you on about? I'm not talking about forcing anyone to go through that - but there are loads of people who want to share their story. You see them on the news regularly, as they get to feel like they're being listened to, and that they're doing something to help.

But I'll go back to the point that i made a suggestion, and something that is used regularly to change people's attitudes. Instead of putting across a reasonable counter point - you've acted like a dick.

With a stack of perfectly fine vaccines in place, all of these restrictions can and should be progressively chucked in the bin between now and June. 
I fully agree but obsessing on foreign travel while you can't go for a haircut and have to wear a mask and queue to get in to buy a pint of milk seems a bit OTT. There's a lot if things we need to get sorted here first. It's bound to be phased and queuing for a pint of milk needs to GTF before a trip abroad for the vast majority of people.

As someone who also thoroughly enjoyed some time in Poland last year, drinking in the sunshine with my friends, I’ll be going on holiday as soon as possible.

f**k spending a fortune for a long weekend in Oban, when there will be plenty of welcoming destinations abroad.

The thing that gets me is the pant pissing rage at things that haven't happened yet.

Vaccination numbers will rise rapidly, ahead of almost every country in the world. Restrictions will be relaxed as part of a publicised route map and normality will return as soon as feasibly possible.

Edited by Am Featha Taigh Nan Clach

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 minutes ago, virginton said:

I fully agree but obsessing on foreign travel while you can't go for a haircut and have to wear a mask and queue to get in to buy a pint of milk seems a bit OTT. There's a lot if things we need to get sorted here first. It's bound to be phased and queuing for a pint of milk needs to GTF before a trip abroad for the vast majority of people.

Personally I don't give a f**k about hairdressers or getting my nails done. I want to get away for a bit. I have folk I want to see abroad and to go to countries where they haven't made an absolute c**t o it and folk have a bit of normality.

3 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Personally I don't give a f**k about hairdressers or getting my nails done. I want to get away for a bit. I have folk I want to see abroad and to go to countries where they haven't made an absolute c**t o it and folk have a bit of normality.

I don't know anyone abroad.

It's the main reason I go.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
13 minutes ago, virginton said:

I think most reasonable people expect that, from March, we start to see normality return "domestically" first with more opening up over the following months. 

However I think it is also reasonable to expect a return towards "international" normality following this, maybe July/August.  No reason I can see why we can't have a March-June period of getting things back open here, and then from July/August allowing people to start travelling internationally  - and without the need for absurd hotel quarantines on return.

Remember, at the rate of vaccinations we see currently, and assuming consistency of supply and no major disruptions, we'll all be jagged twice by August.

I think most reasonable people expect that, from March, we start to see normality return "domestically" first with more opening up over the following months. 
However I think it is also reasonable to expect a return towards "international" normality following this, maybe July/August.  No reason I can see why we can't have a March-June period of getting things back open here, and then from July/August allowing people to start travelling internationally  - and without the need for absurd hotel quarantines on return.
Remember, at the rate of vaccinations we see currently, and assuming consistency of supply and no major disruptions, we'll all be jagged twice by August.
Exactly. I'm all for it but it's not the top priority as your time frame indicates.

No one is arguing against this. It’s people like Elixir who think him going on holiday is as important as kids getting back to school that’s the problem.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Exactly.

For a purely footballing perspective, I want to see a relaxation of restrictions that allows me to attend Euro2020 matches at Hampden (and Wembley if possible) - 4 months away, then domestic matches from July onwards 5/6 months away, and then Scotland WC qualifiers home and away from September onwards - 7 months away.

Give me a plan that is going to see that happen.