Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Aye OK mate we get it, you are a massive racist.

Ok I get your left wing. And call anything other than holding hands and singing round a tree racist. 

I don't care what country it originated. What I care about is doing what we can to try and stop any future virus's.

Which is difficult of course.

But asking people to stop the behaviour that started this is not racist you muppet. It's sensible.

People don't seem to realise or don't care that having "the last cuppa before lockdown" there's a good chance someone will die as a direct result. I'm dumbfounded.
Arseholes the lot of them. After the way the cases jumped last weekend and throughout the last week here in Germany, you'd think other countries would start taking this much more seriously.
In Köln yesterday they banned any group over 2 people in public. They've got boy racers tearing up the streets at night and idiots blatently ignoring the advice.
Most people are still going to need haircuts ( I'm ok here tho), guessing they'll just have to thoroughly sanitise everything and take every precaution. 

Nobody really needs a haircut.

13 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Weather looks decent tomorrow and Sunday. Kids off school for months and months. Parents, already stressed, need somewhere to take them, and we’re told we need to exercise and get fresh air for our mental and physical wellbeing. Food outlets should serve their wares as takeaway services.... I’m expecting a huge spike in Falkirk’s coronavirus statistics as the Kelpies and Falkirk Wheel are even more popular than they are normally on a decent weather weekend. Especially with no fitba, cinema trips, swimming, organised sports or anything else competeing.

Are outdoor attractions going to be off limits too?

if that's what folks are going to be doing then they need to be off limits

4 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Ok I get your left wing. And call anything other than holding hands and singing round a tree racist. 

No, I call drawing sweeping generalisations about the hygiene and diet of a country of over a billion people racist.

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

So what do you recommend to insulate, cardboard, goose feathers, kryptonite?

When  I'm working in the new virus assessment hub that's being set up for Monday I will be sure to ignore any body temp readings and suggest they just insulate.   That should keep my admission to ITU rate down.

I will speak to our Clinical lead about this plan forthwith.

I thought a fever was the body's response to infection, trying to kill it with heat. 

I thought if you were running a high temp, you would feel the cold more. (warm blooded animals like us feel the cold, cold blooded animals live in cold conditions, e.g. fish, and a temp rise will kill them)

So, to my mind, insulating would help fight the infection but I know that if you overheat, you will die. 

Tricky, innit?

42 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

They were initially included but someone cut them off the bottom of the paper.

Probably because there's a couple on every street with shops, it would cost a fortune.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is the WHO website in regards to the 2004 SARS outbreak. Have a wee read and try and tell me they arent confirming it was a lab virus...

Screenshot_20200321-093546_Chrome.thumb.jpg.37c52832b401fa96ee24e13ad1386d0a.jpg

... all you're believing is what China told WHO early on.

They're saying the virus was tested in a lab to see what it was. Why are you posting this moronic shit?

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is the WHO website in regards to the 2004 SARS outbreak. Have a wee read and try and tell me they arent confirming it was a lab virus...

Screenshot_20200321-093546_Chrome.thumb.jpg.37c52832b401fa96ee24e13ad1386d0a.jpg

... all you're believing is what China told WHO early on.

From their site

SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome)

Cause

SARS coronavirus (SARS-CoV) – virus identified in 2003. SARS-CoV is thought to be an animal virus from an as-yet-uncertain animal reservoir, perhaps bats, that spread to other animals (civet cats) and first infected humans in the Guangdong province of southern China in 2002.

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

No, I call drawing sweeping generalisations about the hygiene and diet of a country of over a billion people racist.

Sweeping generalisations would be if I said, everyone in China does this.

Where in fact I said, people in China do this. Which is a fact.

To Prevent Next Coronavirus, Stop the Wildlife Trade, Conservationists Say

China needs to permanently lock down its wildlife trade and wet markets but then it has traditional medicines linked to these very trades some of which have been recommended to fight the latest Corona Virus in some occasions 🤷🏾‍♂️

11 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

I read an interesting article once attacking the vanity of humans calling our age the anthropocene when not a shred of evidence our civilisation ever existed will be present in 10million years and in geological terms it will, if detectable at all, be a thin layer in rock marking the 'quaternary carbon maximum'. I don't think we're capable of truly understanding the vastness of time.

we're not capable of understanding social distancing so,yeah,im not hopeful on the vastness of time either