Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Out of interest......In the foreseeable scenario that England open up reciprocal quarantine free travel with a few countries for summer, and Scotland do not, how many of you would be prepared to take a holiday by flying from/to England?

Lets assume for the exercise that its July, and everyone over 50 is vaccinated. Nicola Sturgeon has told Scots they should not be doing this.

I would.

She can get fucked in that scenario.  Of course by then the election is done and she can carry on doing what she likes without any fear in the back of her mind.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Out of interest......In the foreseeable scenario that England open up reciprocal quarantine free travel with a few countries for summer, and Scotland do not, how many of you would be prepared to take a holiday by flying from/to England?

Lets assume for the exercise that its July, and everyone over 50 is vaccinated. Nicola Sturgeon has told Scots they should not be doing this.

I would.

As soon as I'm jagged I'm off, don't know where, don't know when.

Hospitality for one will require furlough or flexible furlough to remain in place beyond April.

If the government are going to legally enforce restrictions on pubs/restaurants with regard to social distancing, numbers of households, closing times etc etc then they will have to continue to support the staff.

2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I'm booked from Manchester and if permitted by receiving country or any suitable alternative im offski.

Sturgeon, Devi and the dentist can quite frankly f**k off with their negative the world is ending holiday in the Highlands pish.

Tell me as bit more.... Is this a re-booking or are there travel agents offering flexible bookings based on restrictions as they are at time of travel?

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
19 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
100%
Newcastle / Manchester are not that far away.

Where is this opening up coming from. I saw Hancock and Johnson mention "holidays" but no mention of them being abroad. Have I missed something ?

We are doing hypothetical just now

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
18 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
100%
Newcastle / Manchester are not that far away.

Where is this opening up coming from. I saw Hancock and Johnson mention "holidays" but no mention of them being abroad. Have I missed something ?

It was an answer to a hypothetical scenario.

It was an answer to a hypothetical scenario.
As I've said earlier I have a couple of rolled over bookings 1st mid July but I honestly do not see quarantine/test/mask free holidays by then so until that does happen I will keep rolling them on. Non EU has more of a chance within Europe but I think the EU countries with their block vaccination procurement, they are screwed this summer. Long haul forget it.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We are doing hypothetical just now

There is no way on earth that overseas flights would be banned from Scotland but not England while the Scotland / England border remained open, that's neither possible nor indeed likely in any type of scenario, hypothetical or not.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
If 2021 is a goner, then those 2022 Jet2 holidays are a goner too.
The likes of Jet2 won't make it through 2020 and 2021 without any real revenue.

Buggers have got keeping a couple of grand of mine for almost a year (totally my choice).

That isn't going to sustain a fleet of aircraft that don't carry a single passenger for  the best part of 21 months.

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

There is no way on earth that overseas flights would be banned from Scotland but not England while the Scotland / England border remained open, that's neither possible nor indeed likely in any type of scenario, hypothetical or not.

They might not be banned, but if NS continues with her "managed quarantine" desire for all arrivals directly into Scotland, then they may as well be.

I don't think flights are being "banned". Quarantine has never stopped Ryanair for example flying. It stops the holiday firms like Tui and Jet2 as they have customer charters offering refunds in those circumstances but some flights will operate enforced quarantine or not.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
If 2021 is a goner, then those 2022 Jet2 holidays are a goner too.
The likes of Jet2 won't make it through 2020 and 2021 without any real revenue.

Buggers have got keeping a couple of grand of mine for almost a year (totally my choice).

TUI have a few grand of mine.  No point asking for it back and causing them more issues.  I want a holiday when this ends.  Not sure how ATOL protection works with vouchers though.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Given we have had two leaders giving polar opposite views on this two days in a row, maybe both of our glorious leaders could put petty politics and driving overwhelmingly negative messages out the way and give an honest view then.