Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Mark you diaries folks. Notice how Tom has the late matinee time for his clap. No idea why they're deviating from the 8pm NHS time 🙄

Screenshot_20210202-183049_Facebook.jpg

Lunch time in Barbados so the islanders can join in during there break 

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Aye, likewise saw my folks (viva España) once since March, and my partner hers (go those Portland Timbers) the same. While I'm much more keen to get domestic regulations binned asap I don't see why there should be a trade off with international travel, or a "let's hold off just in case" approach when vaccine rollout has increased. 

Pretty obvious why there should be a trade off, short term

They can't control the vaccine roll out in other countries and the risk of new strains developing before global herd immunity is reached

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I see theres a petition on the go to give old Tom a state funeral. Probably being signed by the same folk having a go at others for going shopping when its "too busy" or excercising with a pal

I think they should erect a statue in his honour but then wait until someone on twitter or facebook points out that he has obvious "links" to the British colonial past and then it can be dragged down and launched into the nearest river.

It would certainly be entertaining, if nothing else.

3 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I watched the 2016 cup final at 9AM in Colombia instead of Hampden so can confirm

I just noticed in your quote I said hundreds of thousands rather than it thousands. I'm not suggesting @Elixir is shacked up with ET.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Does your partner live here with you?

I always think that people who move hundreds of thousands of miles never think things through enough. It's inevitable that you'll miss people and events where you've moved from. The present situation just made it worse.

I'm sure plenty of people missed funerals and weddings due to volcanic ash or other flight cancellations.

Not this moonshot nonsense again.

2 minutes ago, Binos said:

They can't control the vaccine roll out in other countries and the risk of new strains developing before global herd immunity is reached

But if we are all vaccinated and protected then why be all hysterical and destroy the travel industry?

Just now, Binos said:

Only if you are a complete simpleton.

There is little reason why people cannot travel to and from the UK once we are sufficiently protected. After we reach the point we are happy it makes zero sense to distinguish between mixing in the pub or travelling.

The hypothetical strains and mutations chat is a piss poor excuse.

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Does your partner live here with you?

I always think that people who move hundreds or thousands of miles never think things through enough. It's inevitable that you'll miss people and events where you've moved from. The present situation just made it worse.

I'm sure plenty of people missed funerals and weddings due to volcanic ash or other flight cancellations.

Yeah, I'm sure a once in a century global health crisis and the binning of all prior pandemic response planning is often at the forefront of people's minds when moving abroad to work or study.

6 minutes ago, Binos said:

Like the new strain that arose in erm... Kent?