Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

The current wave of Covid was also not even remotely caused by 'foreign holidays' but rather the infection factories that the SG already plans to open up again. 

It is the very meaning of disinformation. Pretending we wouldn't have been pummeled by another wave in winter as the rest of the northern hemisphere has if only we hadn't travelled to Europe is a total falsehood.

No idea why that fucking weirdo Alert Mongoose is rustled by this fact as well.

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

You’ve got a horse in this race, haven’t you?

Just the simple inconvenience of a partner who has seen their family once in the past 12 months and now doesn't know when they next will. As will be the case for at least the 300,000+ 'foreign' nationals currently living in Scotland.

So yes, I do have a horse in this particular race.

Edited by Elixir

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

It is the very meaning of disinformation. Pretending we wouldn't have been pummeled by another wave in winter as the rest of the northern hemisphere has if only we hadn't travelled to Europe is a total falsehood.

Yep, let's not forget that the biggest Covid travel hotspot - that led the SG to make a special advisory for in 2020 - was, erm, knuckle-draggers slithering down to fucking Blackpool.

Just the simple inconvenience of a partner who has seen their family once in the past 12 months and now doesn't know when they next will. As will be the case for at least the 300,000+ 'foreign' nationals currently living in Scotland.

As I keep saying, thank goodness for the end of furlough and - please shoot me for saying this - thank goodness for Boris and his sometimes ridiculous optimism.

It may or may not save "the family summer holiday" to Benidorm or Tenerife, but it'll make sure we're not locked in Scotland until 2022.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Yep, let's not forget that the biggest Covid travel hotspot - that led the SG to make a special advisory for in 2020 - was, erm, knuckle-draggers slithering down to fucking Blackpool.

It was 'safer' in northern, central, and eastern Europe last summer than the glaring 'open border' with England. That is an indisputable fact. The nonsense 'paper' they produced attempting to vilify and link lineages to summer travel is also a total fucking irrelevance to this summer when we have vaccines that would now, erm, deal with these effortlessly. As indeed will be the case forevermore. Genome sequencing does happen in European countries...

4 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

As I keep saying, thank goodness for the end of furlough and - please shoot me for saying this - thank goodness for Boris and his sometimes ridiculous optimism.

It may or may not save "the family summer holiday" to Benidorm or Tenerife, but it'll make sure we're not locked in Scotland until 2022.

And as I've said, the hope furlough won't be extended past the end of April, and the reopening of continental Europe, are the only things I'm hanging onto for the second half of this year. The end of furlough, and if indeed travel is reopened from England, it simply must force the Scottish Government's hand.

11 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I’ve seen my mum and dad once in the last twelve months, my kids have seen their grandparents once in the past twelve months.  We live 160 miles apart.  Sucks, eh?

7 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

In India cases have been dropping for months without a vaccine 

Good to read no one knows why!

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/02/01/962821038/the-mystery-of-indias-plummeting-covid-19-cases?t=1612289312709

But surely there must be Indian variants? And it couldn't possibly be any level of population immunity through natural infection playing a role...

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I’ve seen my mum and dad once in the last twelve months, my kids have seen their grandparents once in the past twelve months.  We live 160 miles apart.  Sucks, eh?

Yes, it's really the same when, if you really want, you can jump in the car and see them. Especially when we have 'greater domestic normality'. Unlike the effective closing of borders and being charged over £1,000 to be bounced into a hotel for 10 days, when you can't work from home.

Don't even act like it's comparable you total bellend.

Edited by Elixir

21 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

@Jambomo this is what we're mocking

I know what people are mocking and I don’t disagree, I don’t like that pish either. It just ends up with people mocking him rather than Rangers (bad choice we all mock them) or the BBC for their grief-merchant patter etc. 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I see theres a petition on the go to give old Tom a state funeral. Probably being signed by the same folk having a go at others for going shopping when its "too busy" or excercising with a pal

I'll be signing if I get a day off. None of this Saturday pish.

I see theres a petition on the go to give old Tom a state funeral. Probably being signed by the same folk having a go at others for going shopping when its "too busy" or excercising with a pal

Oh Christ his daughters away to claim it’s what he always wanted isn’t it?

Yes, it's really the same when, if you really want, you can jump in the car and see them. Unlike the effective closing of borders and being charged over £1,000 to be bounced into a hotel for 10 days, when you can't work from home.

Don't even act like it's comparable you total bellend.

No we can’t because it would be against the law. Stop getting so uppity because you’re not getting your hole Paolo ya wee walloper. 

Just now, Rugster said:

No we can’t because it would be against the law. Stop getting so uppity because you’re not getting your hole Paolo ya wee walloper. 

Yes, I'm sure you'd let the state dictate indefinitely when you can see your close family you total shitebag.

26 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Aye, likewise saw my folks (viva España) once since March, and my partner hers (go those Portland Timbers) the same. While I'm much more keen to get domestic regulations binned asap I don't see why there should be a trade off with international travel, or a "let's hold off just in case" approach when vaccine rollout has increased. 

32 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Does your partner live here with you?

I always think that people who move hundreds or thousands of miles never think things through enough. It's inevitable that you'll miss people and events where you've moved from. The present situation just made it worse.

I'm sure plenty of people missed funerals and weddings due to volcanic ash or other flight cancellations.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson