ICTChris

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'm not an expert in any shape or form but my understanding is that the virus will have already been through several mutations and there will be more to come. 

Clearly clinicians need to be on top of how the virus is evolving but it wouldn't be healthy for anyone if every mutation became part of the daily news cycle.

Yeah I know viruses mutate all the time, there were three different mutations in east Asia right at the start of all this a year ago.

I don't see why it can't be mentioned on here as passing news in an article and if it is relevant to the UK then obviously it will get a mention in the UK news updates.

Fucking hell.

It’s a very popular meme amongst the Yoons.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

I have sympathy with them being asked that because if they say its nothing and something did change for the worse their career would likely be over.

The media need to be told to pipe down, that it's perfectly normal to find variants, that it will more than likely make no difference, and in the unlikely event there is a negative impact from one then they will announce it.

It needs to come from our leaders though. They are the fucking cheerleaders of pure doom at present. If they shot down certain negativity, things wouldn't be reported so negatively.

After speaking about the JCVI group getting vaccinated by May, NS them spoke about that measurements such as physical distancing, masks, hygeine (I'd like to fucking think so) and maybe travel restrictions, will need to remain in place for "some time".

I don't like the open endedness of the phase "some time". What we looking at? Weeks? Months? Years?

I noticed international travel was mentioned in the remaining restrictions after all adults were given their first injection. 

The other "restrictions" all seem what people would expect, such as social distancing. 

I really dislike Ruth Davidson, but her first question was particularly good to the FM. She did not address why, if we have hundreds of thousands of doses, why they're not getting into folks arms at a much higher rate. Lot of bluster and blame placed at UK government, and I think she kind of accused the UK government of massaging the figures a bit in terms of how many doses have been delivered but I may have misinterpreted...

Schools shut until “at least mid feb”.

Fortnightly reviews on schools are shit, esp high schools, how f**k are they meant to plan. 

9 minutes ago, RiG said:

Fucking hell.

One guess as to which team young Darren supports......

2 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I noticed international travel was mentioned in the remaining restrictions after all adults were given their first injection. 

The other "restrictions" all seem what people would expect, such as social distancing. 

Social distancing, if still being employed, say Oct / Nov / Dec then football, concert venues etc is in for a very difficult year.

Jackie Baillie doing a great job in place of Richard Leonard by asking the exact same question that Ruth Davidson just had answered.

1 minute ago, RH33 said:

Schools shut until “at least mid feb”.

Fortnightly reviews on schools are shit, esp high schools, how f**k are they meant to plan. 

Based on my kids school, I don't think much planning has gone on anyway so won't make much difference. 🙈

3 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I feel unrestricted international travel will be restricted until an acceptable number of adults have had their second dose.

Level 0 restrictions domestically will likely be hanging around until then too.

I'm not going to get annoyed about it as it won't do me any good, so i'll divert my annoyance to the pace of the vaccine roll out if it continues to trundle along at an unacceptably slow pace.

One guess as to which team young Darren supports......
Rangers fan, darts fan, poppy on his profile pic, every Tweet is about Sturgeon. He ticks the box for every staunch stereotype.

The constant pRotEcT thE nHS makes me cringe every time.  

Stay home, save lives. 

23 hours ago, superbigal said:

So Scotgov live and extending the full lockdown for another 2 weeks.  No suprise but is it justified ?   

The UK stands at 487.1 cases per 100K Infections for the latest reported 7 day figure.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan

From 9th to 15th January we were down to  216.6

Todays figure for 10th Jan to 16th Jan is 210.5   Another single Day drop of 2.82%  and a drop from the peak of OVER 30%   We are now running at just over 43% compared to the UK.

In my opinion ScotGov is extending lockdown because they simply  can get away with it due to the doom and gloom in England. We actually only have 2 councils who fit the simple Tier 4 scenario for infection rate. Hopefully by the end of January extending the lockdown will look ludicrous. On current trajectory infections would drop to under 150 cases per 100K by Jan 31

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Glasgow City   334.5 to 324.1     The slow decline in the largest city no doubt not helping the rest of us. 

North Lanarkshire  328.7 to 313.4   

Renfrewshire    299.8 to 287.0  

North Ayrshire 285.0 to 275.3 

Clackmannanshire  263.9 to 265.8  One of very few councils climbing the charts

Dumfries & Galloway  267.4 to 264.7  Only Stranraer South now over 1000

Inverclyde   266.1 to 260.9

East Ayrshire  262.3 to 260.6

South Lanarkshire    255.5 to 252.1

East Dunbartonshire     259.6 to 243.9

West Dunbartonshire    242.9 to 237.3

Then onto the 1st North or East side of the Country appearance

Aberdeen City  241.0 to 234.0

South Ayrshire   230.0 to 229.1

Dundee City   225.0 to 218.3

Falkirk    223.8 to 213.8

East Renfrewshire  185.3 to 183.2

Fife   168.4 to 166.0

Perth & Kinross  171.8 to 162.6

Angus   163.5 to 157.5

Western Isles  108.5 to 157.2   Barra and South Uist now over 1000

Scottish  Borders    163.6 to 153.2

Aberdeenshire   144.3 to 147.8

Stirling   138.0 to 140.1

West Lothian  145.8 to 139.3

City Of Edinburgh   140.4 to 137.0

Highlands  146.7 to 132.3  Invergordon still over 1000

East Lothian   108.3 to 112.1

Midlothian  103.8 to 100.6

Shetland Islands 82.9 to 91.6

Moray  90.8 to 90.8

Argyll & Bute    78.0 to 69.9

Orkney Island 13.5 to 13.5

Stop saying "a path back to greater normality" please.

An end point of "greater normality" is unacceptable.

9 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I really dislike Ruth Davidson, but her first question was particularly good to the FM. She did not address why, if we have hundreds of thousands of doses, why they're not getting into folks arms at a much higher rate. Lot of bluster and blame placed at UK government, and I think she kind of accused the UK government massaging the figures a bit in terms of how many doses have been delivered but I may have misinterpreted...

That would hardly be a first.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Stop saying "a path back to greater normality" please.

An end point of "greater normality" is unacceptable.

I am fairly relaxed about timelines just now (or not putting any energy into worrying about it) but there definitely needs to be more acknowledgement that these restrictions are not normal and must end. The constant open ended language is quite frustrating, like they're reserving the right to hold restrictions indefinitely.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I feel unrestricted international travel will be restricted until an acceptable number of adults have had their second dose.

Level 0 restrictions domestically will likely be hanging around until then too.

I'm not going to get annoyed about it as it won't do me any good, so i'll divert my annoyance to the pace of the vaccine roll out if it continues to trundle along at an unacceptably slow pace.

The roll out pace seems to be very deliberate with staged increases. We need 20k a day to get through groups 1 and 2 by end of January and lo and behold they are doing 20k daily. No more, no less.