Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The offered patter is surely to account for the people who have been reached by the vaccine program but refused the offer of vaccination?

Which is fine but you most certainly don't count or include those in the daily total. In that scenario it should be (for example) we have now offered the vaccine to 9m people while the actual figure of jags administered is 7.7m. That would be transparent on two counts ie actual folk vaccinated and number not taking the offer. The latter could hopefully then be broken down further to specific reasons for refusal.

8 hours ago, ayrmad said:

It's shit like that that should shame Sturgeon with her 9000 in a day, the quicker they all get done the better, she's not got the slightest eye on this due to her focusing solely on a made up target. 

Boris and Co are going to dig themselves out of the shit they helped create whilst Sturgeon' arrogance is going to undo any gains she made. 

Quicker she's punted the better. 

Shite performance so far from SG on vaccinations but this is hysterical nonsense.

25 minutes ago, Detournement said:

If Sturgeon actually believes all the shite she comes out with then surely she has to conclude people are going to die because of the reduced weekend vaccinations?

I bet we don't see any crocodile tears over that though. 

She can counter that though by extending lockdown and imposing tougher quarantine restrictions.

18 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Detournement said:
The offered patter is surely to account for the people who have been reached by the vaccine program but refused the offer of vaccination?

Which is fine but you most certainly don't count or include those in the daily total. In that scenario it should be (for example) we have now offered the vaccine to 9m people while the actual figure of jags administered is 7.7m. That would be transparent on two counts ie actual folk vaccinated and number not taking the offer. The latter could hopefully then be broken down further to specific reasons for refusal.

They probably think if they publicise refusals then the numbers will increase. The same reason you never see much in the media about suicides. 

Nature journal article about disinfecting surfaces - it can’t be ruled out but the evidence (which is hard to collect) is that airborne transmission is a far bigger concern.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00251-4

My parents got their vaccination at the weekend and the 15 minute waiting period was done in a doctors waiting room with 2m social distancing but no windows open, which really worries me. We are potentially crowding vulnerable people into places where there’s a real risk of the virus being spread. The slowness of governments to update advice regarding ventilation is a real problem. I think one of the factors round it is touched upon in the last part of the article, namely that visible disinfecting and surface cleaning makes people feel better and safer. It’s an illusion of safety though and it could be very damaging.

Amid all the talk about the impact on mental health, I wonder if we will see a lot more people developing OCD-type symptoms regarding cleaning and handwashing.  The number of adverts you see now for anti-bacterial sprays and wipes is massive, showing people wiping down swings in the playpark or every surface in their home.  

Edited by ICTChris

44 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, Detournement said:

No one is suggesting that is happening.

15 hours ago, madwullie said:

All this despite the fact we've jagged -lwhat, ~10% of the population, including all the most vulnerable care home residents, presumably in the top 10 (5?) or so nations on the planet. 

Are we always comparing Scotland's rates to the rest of the world?

From the Scottish government we only compare our death rates with England, that's because they are horrendous and makes us look good in comparison when in reality we have performed terribly.

Now because our vaccinations rate is worse than England we want to look at it in global terms and not a direct comparison to England.

Can't have it both ways.

Leitch on Radio Scotland this morning saying he could “let the secret out” that they are looking at schools going back in some form soon. Didn’t give dates but from the tone sounded fairly imminent.

Also did a great job of avoiding the Sunday vaccination number question with irrelevant stats about our prevalence vs England.

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Leitch on Radio Scotland this morning saying he could “let the secret out” that they are looking at schools going back in some form soon. Didn’t give dates but from the tone sounded fairly imminent.

Also did a great job of avoiding the Sunday vaccination number question with irrelevant stats about our prevalence vs England.

Folk like Leitch now squirming like politicians? Just ones who were never elected instead. What a shock.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, Detournement said:

They aren't included in the daily total - the total denotes vaccines administered. 

11 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It should be Swinney delivering this, not Jason Leitch. He is, after all, "only an advisor".  

It's more of an American thing but

Simp is an Internet slang term, used pejoratively for someone who is seen as using excessive sympathy and attention toward another person in order to win their affection, sometimes in pursuit of a sexual relationship

Throwing it about in threads is generally the behaviour of the Trumpian right wing. Strange stuff.

Edited by GiGi

Are we always comparing Scotland's rates to the rest of the world?
From the Scottish government we only compare our death rates with England, that's because they are horrendous and makes us look good in comparison when in reality we have performed terribly.
Now because our vaccinations rate is worse than England we want to look at it in global terms and not a direct comparison to England.
Can't have it both ways.
Wullie and I both said we should not make comparisons at any time - I said so when some were doing the better than England stuff over daily infections and death rates.

It's utterly pointless.

I'm currently watching a Prison Planet man video about what a Simp is, it seems like he's maybe the best person to explain it.

I'm not sure how long I can last, his voice is so annoying.

Two minutes, I get it now.  My Youtube recommendations are going to be hellish :lol: 

Edited by ICTChris