Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:
It seems high, but some will be pregnant, some will have allergies.

And, unfortunately, a lot more will get their news and opinions from Facebook.

Your symptoms haven't deteriorated, then?

Let's not mince our words any longer.

Scotland needs to become independent ASAP to allow a new political landscape to be formed.

Unfortunately for those whose sole objective it was to deliver, it will be a political landscape that will with any luck, see the electorate punt the SNP in the bin at the earliest opportunity.

Edited by djchapsticks

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Let's not mince our words any longer.

Scotland needs to become independent ASAP to allow a new political landscape to be formed.

Unfortunately for those whose sole objective it was to deliver, it will be a political landscape that will with any luck, see the electorate punt the SNP in the bin at the earliest opportunity.

The SNP aren't perfect by any stretch (and I have problems over their ultra cautious approach to Covid) but they're a damn site more competent than anywhere else in the UK, and most other parties in Scotland eclipse even clownshoes down south.  A new political landscape, whilst desirable and perhaps invevitable, will still largely see the same faces, perhaps with different labels.

21 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

There was certainly a large number of changes in my gym in Perth between March and when it opened again in late August.

Half the machines taken out of use, way more cleaning, all the checks at the door, classes areas turned into extra training areas , classes themselves closed down, half the lockers removed, encouraged not to shower at the gym along with all the other changes required. 

All of the above and more will have helped. 

My gym was similar - started off with booking slots and closing twice a day for deep cleaning.  That got scaled back a bit into November but chatting to the owner before it closed and he said they hadn't had any notification of anyone catching the virus in there.     He did, however, say that some of the chains like PureGym were bad with enforcing SD etc. and had had some issues but certainly nothing newsworthy.  

Hopefully they will recognise this and allow them to re-open fairly early instead of being the last thing like the summer.  

Guest Bob Mahelp

I've been saying for weeks now that the Scottish government, the SNP and most probably the case for independence, will stand or fall on the SG's ability to make a success of rolling out the vaccinations. 

The signs are not auspicious. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I've been saying for weeks now that the Scottish government, the SNP and most probably the case for independence, will stand or fall on the SG's ability to make a success on rolling out the vaccinations. 

The signs are not auspicious. 

Not the death rates?   

Because getting into the care homes early while England sat on their hands will save lives - and as we know the death current death rates in English homes is shocking.  

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is it ever a good idea to trail a 100 year old halfway round the world, whether he wants to go or not and who went with him?

iT wOz HiS fUcKiN dReAm AnD oN hIs BuCkEt LiSt He Is A wAr HeRo WoT hAv U eVeR dOnE yA fUcKin MuG

I mean, you could argue that it can't be that high on a bucket list if he didn't bother his old hole ticking it off at any point in his first century on the planet. Lord knows, he had ample opportunity to do so...

14 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

The SNP aren't perfect by any stretch (and I have problems over their ultra cautious approach to Covid) but they're a damn site more competent than anywhere else in the UK, and most other parties in Scotland eclipse even clownshoes down south.  A new political landscape, whilst desirable and perhaps invevitable, will still largely see the same faces, perhaps with different labels.

Look the damage from last year has been done, looking at the vaccination stats Scotlands government is no where near ‘damn site more competent’ than down south on arguably the most important aspect of the recovery. 

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

iT wOz HiS fUcKiN dReAm AnD oN hIs BuCkEt LiSt He Is A wAr HeRo WoT hAv U eVeR dOnE yA fUcKin MuG

I mean, you could argue that it can't be that high on a bucket list if he didn't bother his old hole ticking it off at any point in his first century on the planet. Lord knows, he had ample opportunity to do so...

6 months time..

"Hello, is that BA, my Father wanted his ashes scattered on Melbourne Cricket Ground. I was wondering..."

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

6 months time..

"Hello, is that BA, my Father wanted his ashes scattered on Melbourne Cricket Ground. I was wonering..."

"His final wish was to go via Hawaii though and maybe stop there for...3 or 4 weeks?"

Edited by djchapsticks

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Look the damage from last year has been done, looking at the vaccination stats Scotlands government is no where near ‘damn site more competent’ than down south on arguably the most important aspect of the recovery. 

We have consistently recorded less than half the daily infection rates than the UK average, our 7 day average is currently 139/100k, the UK is 249/100k or thereabouts, we have less deaths than the UK average.

People are losing their shit over the vaccination programme when it has been explained umpteen times why it slower than elsewhere.   If it is still way behind in a couple of weeks time then I'll be first to level criticism.  However yes, they have been more competent than the rest of the UK administrations in this pandemic so far, that's not to say they have been great.

Edited by Burnieman

Just now, Burnieman said:

We have consistently recorded less than half the daily infection rates than the UK average, our 7 day average is currently 139/100k, the UK is 249/100k or thereabouts, we have less deaths than the UK average.

People are losing their shit over the vaccination programme when it has been explained umpteen times why it slower than elsewhere.   If it is still way behind in a couple of weeks time then I'll be first to level criticism.  However yes, they have been more competent than the rest of the UK administations inthis pandemic, that's not to say they have been great.

It's been explained umpteen times why it's actually still slowing down?!

Where has this happened?