Coronavirus (COVID-19)

30 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Given the reports of folk down south specifically requesting the "British" vaccine it's possible we might be getting a large proportion of Pfizer.

The report of that was a single anecdoate relayed third hand.  The number of people who would need to request a specific vaccine to impact these deliveries would be massive, tens of thousands at a minimum.  I would highly doubt that this is a real phenomenon and would also highly doubt that it is having any impact on vaccine availability or delivery.

Any word on the vaccine figure today?
Pish. Frankly, under 10k.

FM has apparently raised it with health boards to find out why there is an obvious drop on a Sunday, trying to see if it is an issue with vaccinators or not booking enough appts on a Sunday

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

It seems high, but some will be pregnant, some will have allergies.

Or think they do.

Around 20% of people in the UK believe they have an allergy to something, which is way higher than almost anywhere else.

That doesn't mean, of course, that they do have an allergy, however if they believe they have one they will act accordingly.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Or think they do.

Around 20% of people in the UK believe they have an allergy to something, which is way higher than almost anywhere else.

That doesn't mean, of course, that they do have an allergy, however if they believe they have one they will act accordingly.

I was meaning medical allergies like epilepsy etc, and the ones they ask you about when you get the flu jag, i.e allergies that will be on your medical notes re medical matters.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Or think they do.

And about 95% of that will be utter bullshit.

The report of that was a single anecdoate relayed third hand.  The number of people who would need to request a specific vaccine to impact these deliveries would be massive, tens of thousands at a minimum.  I would highly doubt that this is a real phenomenon and would also highly doubt that it is having any impact on vaccine availability or delivery.

I agree I was being facetious but the fact remains we get what we are given split wise.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Or think they do.

Pretty sure its if you take an anaphylactic (sic?) reaction to the ingredients that you dont get it. 20% refusing is quite frankly disgusting. 

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

If Sunday is essentially a write off that will skew the requirements to hit 400k a week.

I dont understand why Sundays are seen as a write off.  Healthcare staff in hospitals all have to work shifts covering 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

Its only GP surgeries who stick to Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.  If we cant get GPs, who I understood weren't even the main deliverer of vaccinations once the large centres were up and running, to commit some time on Sundays for a couple of months even with financial incentives, they deserve a bit of flak.

Disappointingly we're getting Trump levels of journalism in the UK at the moment, doing those in care homes etc 1st was definitely the correct course to take, just need the ramp up to kick in. 
No surprise that rUK are using offered after reports appearing of deaths in care homes, now deaths in care homes even after 1st jag being reported, the MSM are a seriously reprehensible bunch of brown nosing b*****ds towards Westminster. 
Excuse my stupidity, but what is actually the suggestion about what is going on here?

Excuse my stupidity, but what is actually the suggestion about what is going on here?
Read back a few pages. Public Health England have started to announce the vaccine figures for England as "offered" rather than actually jagged. Two separate TV interviews with a PHE boss this morning asked for an explanation of the change of wording without getting an answer bar some stats about 20% average refusal rate amongst care home staff.

3 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

I dont understand why Sundays are seen as a write off.  Healthcare staff in hospitals all have to work shifts covering 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

Its only GP surgeries who stick to Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.  If we cant get GPs, who I understood weren't even the main deliverer of vaccinations once the large centres were up and running, to commit some time on Sundays for a couple of months even with financial incentives, they deserve a bit of flak.

Right so this is the issue, ive been trying to highlight it on here a few times. The mrs practice was all set to do weekend vaccinations on 3 separate weekends, each time the vaccine delivery either didnt happen or they couldnt tell them how many doses they would get so that they could appropriately staff and make appointments. Then on the third occasion the health board punted them from the venue to set up a mass vaccination venue leaving them with no time to rearrange.

They asked for help on wednesday there to find an alternative site (the practice isnt suitable for vaccinations under social distancing regulations due to only having the one ramp etc) and suggested a disused health centre facility, they were told no without explanation and then on friday at 4pm got told ‘oh you can now have that venue’, leaving them with no staff etc to resource the weekend. Its an absolute comedy of errors at the highest level with all these NHS managers not knowing what the next one is doing, no clear strategy at any level and far too much nonsense.   

So for me the blame doesnt lie with the GPs, they are genuinely willing to do them, just getting very little help. 

Johnson just on BBC news and it appears to make their care home deadline they issued a "slot" to all those not vaccinated over the weekend thus they have now "offered" that category their vaccine within the end January timescale !!!

So offered appears to mean vaccinated PLUS all those been given a future appointment but not yet vaccinated. A total distortion of the figures right enough.