Coronavirus (COVID-19)

No, it's the attitude of someone who is old and bitter at missing out on Spanish holidays when he was ten.
I'd quite like to stand in a long queue at Thessaloniki to have my now non-EU passport checked if I can get a nice sunny holiday in Halkidiki this summer but I'm not going to mump my gums if I have to spend my holiday in Britain instead.
Point is, we shouldn't have to.

Just now, Burnieman said:
4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:
No, it's the attitude of someone who is old and bitter at missing out on Spanish holidays when he was ten.
I'd quite like to stand in a long queue at Thessaloniki to have my now non-EU passport checked if I can get a nice sunny holiday in Halkidiki this summer but I'm not going to mump my gums if I have to spend my holiday in Britain instead.

Point is, we shouldn't have to.

Considering Britain has been the plague pit of Europe you can see places like Greece and Spain insisting on British visitors being vaccinated before they can enter the country. 

On current predictions I'm not due to get a vaccine by all accounts until at least the autumn and many people will be in the same situation.

We should just call it quits, society fucked for 2 years, industries in collapse for a virus that we have several vaccines for and effective treatment. f**k sake. Fucking Snagglepus approach to government is embarrassing. I never thought id see the day that my hopes pinned on the fucking tories making life better by putting pressure on the Scottish government but here we are. 
Considering the Tories are the ones making all the noises today that you're getting wound up about I think you're onto plums.

Just now, tamthebam said:

Considering Britain has been the plague pit of Europe you can see places like Greece and Spain insisting on British visitors being vaccinated before they can enter the country. 

On current predictions I'm not due to get a vaccine by all accounts until at least the autumn and many people will be in the same situation.

I don't have an issue with travel restricted to those who have been vaccinated and/or pass a pre-flight Covid test, and also for it be restricted to countries who have Covid under control with good vaccination programmes.  I can accept that for this year.  What I can't accept is a blanket ban with hotel quarantine, with no route map as to when and how it will end.

At this rate, we actually won't have a travel industry in 2022.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm sensing a sort of revisionist outlook on last summer as though it was some sort of utopian paradise. It was far from it.

The most infuriating post of this entire saga was from that clown @WATTOO claiming (and aggressively defending) that last summer was completely normal because he could play a round of golf. I was fucking seething.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The most infuriating post of this entire saga was from that clown @WATTOO claiming (and aggressively defending) that last summer was completely normal because he could play a round of golf. I was fucking seething.

In the summer loosening of restrictions, I was in the pub with my pals 3 (three) times. 

One of those times we had to ask to get two tables close to eachother as 3 households at a table wasnt permitted. Another one, 4 of us went out on the day that some of the rules changed and we actually had to have a discussion about who, if pushed, was to pretend to be our older pals laddie. And the last one was a crawl from one utterly dead pub to another, ordering beer from apps and waiting for ages whilst being shouted at to "SANITISE" every time you had the gall to leave your table. 

It was utterly fucking rancid and similar restrictions will lead to an unprecedented number of employers saying f**k it, the baws burst. 

The same as last summer when we've got several fucking vaccines and the vulnerable groups should have all just about received their second doses. Jesus wept. 

This really isn't good enough - demand better. We were told vaccines would get us back to normal and that the Scottish Government's Tier 0 was as close as we would get to normal without a vaccine. Why, then, is this seemingly no longer the case? It is a travesty that we actually have the fucking vaccine and this crap is being banded about. 

You’re immune system is like a muscle. Use it or lose it. Let’s get out there living life and building back the economy instead of hiding under the covers from something with a 99.7% survival rate.

Do you wear a seatbelt in a car?

15 minutes ago, Durex Play said:

You’re immune system is like a muscle. Use it or lose it. Let’s get out there living life and building back the economy instead of hiding under the covers from something with a 99.7% survival rate.

f**k off Boris.

I’m not understanding why this Summer will be the same as last Summer. Are all of the most vulnerable not going to be vaccinated by that point?

I don’t get it either, we started lockdown 3 months earlier, have better treatment and vaccines. Why the f**k would we be in a disaster in the summer?
All this goalpost shifting is going to play into the hands of conspiracy theorists

We should just call it quits, society fucked for 2 years, industries in collapse for a virus that we have several vaccines for and effective treatment. f**k sake. Fucking Snagglepus approach to government is embarrassing. I never thought id see the day that my hopes pinned on the fucking tories making life better by putting pressure on the Scottish government but here we are. 
Isn't all today's doom and gloom stemming directly from statements made today by UKG politicians and advisors ?

Just now, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I don’t get it either, we started lockdown 3 months earlier, have better treatment and vaccines. Why the f**k would we be in a disaster in the summer?
All this goalpost shifting is going to play into the hands of conspiracy theorists

You are right that it is playing into the hands of conspiracy theorists, and it is making conspiracy theorists of more rational minds as previously discussed, but far more tangibly speaking, all this goalposts shifting is being directly used, for want of anything clearer or more honest, by literally thousands of business owners who have to decide what their 2021 is going to look like and whether its worthwhile carrying on. 

It's a shameful dereliction of duty, if not an outright fucking betrayal of the people of this country to carry on this hearsay style narrative. The government in Scotland and the UK are showing themselves to be spineless cowards. I have never been more seething with politician in all my life. 

When or where do the care home figures come out for Scottish vaccinations? Less vaccinations total than Wales yesterday while England has done just shy of 550k which is more than double the rate of Scotland. The care home excuse surely can't fly much longer?

The mass vaccination centres are going live on Monday so hopefully we start seeing a BIG increase next week.

You are right that it is playing into the hands of conspiracy theorists, and it is making conspiracy theorists of more rational minds as previously discussed, but far more tangibly speaking, all this goalposts shifting is being directly used, for want of anything clearer or more honest, by literally thousands of business owners who have to decide what their 2021 is going to look like and whether its worthwhile carrying on. 
It's a shameful dereliction of duty, if not an outright fucking betrayal of the people of this country to carry on this hearsay style narrative. The government in Scotland and the UK are showing themselves to be spineless cowards. I have never been more seething with politician in all my life. 

Business owners make up a massive block of the torries core support. They really need to have this mess all forgotten about by the time the next election comes round, which is obviously still ages away. But if they are no longer moderately wealthy small buisness owners then they might have to vote for generous state handouts or UBI next time round