Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Scosha said:

Jason Leitch can f**k off. An utterly depressing, sorry excuse of a human being. 
I genuinely think he enjoys making these comments. 

The c**t speaks like getting normality back is a prize we have to fight to win and not what him and every other c**t involved in mismanaging this fucking mess OWE US. And fucking pronto!

This years' bonfire night we should be burning effigies of Jason Leitch and Janey Godley alongside Boris and Dominic Cummings.  

An audio plays....then the DJ hits mute.   The crowd tells them to STFU.  Some petrol is poured there a can of Lynx Africa chucked on an we burn these covid-social climbing- uninteresting idiots.  

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Mr Tourette said:

Unless things have changed in the last few years, there is no vaccination for Malaria, only prophylactics. They don’t stop you contracting Malaria, just help reduce the severity

Sorry, I took a phone call halfway through my post. 

Of course, there's no vaccine for malaria, but you do have drugs that you can take in advance to ward off severe effects. 

The principal remains the same. Nobody says you can't travel to Kenya because there is malaria and thousands of people there die from it every year....they say that you have to take precautions in advance. 

Why can't the same apply to Covid-19 ? Especially as there actually IS a vaccine ? 

To apply a blanket travel ban, possibly for years, to countries who don't have high Covid vaccination rates is going to be fucking madness. 

Trying to figure out the point in the vaccine if the second story in tomorrow's Telegraph is near accurate.

What are they modelling that would lead to 1000s of deaths a day if the vaccines have been proven to prevent serious illness in every case? 20210130_222251.thumb.jpeg.6e6d70837420259eb7f821f31da5b09e.jpeg

A link to the twitter picture if the attached is too blurry.

The single over riding question should be, in the likely event of this summer replicating next summer in terms of low cases and deaths, and low hospitalizations BUT in light of a majority of the population being vaccinated, can we expect restrictions to be removed to a low level.

That needs to be asked of every politician and advisor. If the answer is no then they need to be pressed on why, and also at what point do they accept we have to live with Covid.

11 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Sorry, I took a phone call halfway through my post. 

Of course, there's no vaccine for malaria, but you do have drugs that you can take in advance to ward off severe effects. 

The principal remains the same. Nobody says you can't travel to Kenya because there is malaria and thousands of people there die from it every year....they say that you have to take precautions in advance. 

Why can't the same apply to Covid-19 ? Especially as there actually IS a vaccine ? 

To apply a blanket travel ban, possibly for years, to countries who don't have high Covid vaccination rates is going to be fucking madness. 

There are also proven effective treatments for after you’ve caught malaria.  Far less so for Covid.

A crumb of comfort of course, is that the dropping cases and deaths completely blows anything Leitch is saying out the water. He sounds like he’s desperate for another strain like the one we had at Christmas. 

I genuinely believe he’s enjoying this. Like many have said on here, it’s keeping him in the spotlight, so long may it continue.

6 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Trying to figure out the point in the vaccine if the second story in tomorrow's Telegraph is near accurate.

What are they modelling that would lead to 1000s of deaths a day if the vaccines have been proven to prevent serious illness in every case? 20210130_222251.thumb.jpeg.6e6d70837420259eb7f821f31da5b09e.jpeg

A link to the twitter picture if the attached is too blurry.

So, with a vaccine 1500 people would die if the restrictions were lifted relatively shortly. 

With a vaccine, basically the same amount of people would be dying per day as the peak without one. Utter fucking nonsense. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 minutes ago, Left Back said:

There are also proven effective treatments for after you’ve caught malaria.  Far less so for Covid.

There are plenty of diseases in various parts of the world at the moment that medical science struggles with. As far as I know, there are no travel bans in place to these parts of the world.

Are you suggesting that none of us should travel anywhere, until there's a cure for every single disease and travel is absolutely risk free ?

Edited by Bob Mahelp

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

So, with a vaccine 1500 people would die if the restrictions were lifted relatively shortly. 

With a vaccine, basically the same amount of people would be dying per day as the peak without one. Utter fucking nonsense. 

Come on, you know the drill by now. Massively overstate what would happen if they don't do something, then point to that something being key to why it was avoided.

1,000s per day when the population is heavily vaccinated is most obviously BS, but politicians will be so shit scared of the backlash if they are seen by the public to ignore these claims that they won't challenge or vote against any proposals to keep distancing etc in place.

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

What do they show as their working? 

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

A crumb of comfort of course, is that the dropping cases and deaths completely blows anything Leitch is saying out the water. He sounds like he’s desperate for another strain like the one we had at Christmas. 

I genuinely believe he’s enjoying this. Like many have said on here, it’s keeping him in the spotlight, so long may it continue.

The Guys

9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

There are plenty of diseases in various parts of the world at the moment that medical science struggles with. As far as I know, there are no travel bans in place to these parts of the world.

Are you suggesting that none of us should travel anywhere, until there's a cure for every single disease and travel is absolutely risk free ?

Not in the slightest.  I’ve said previously on this thread international travel should be open on the proviso quarantine measures are in place for people that have been to high risk countries (i.e. those that don’t have the same level of vaccination as we do).

Comparing Malaria to Covid is like comparing apples and oranges.  Different infection rates and preventions/treatments.

Just now, Left Back said:

Not in the slightest.  I’ve said previously on this thread international travel should be open on the proviso quarantine measures are in place for people that have been to high risk countries (i.e. those that don’t have the same level of vaccination as we do).

Comparing Malaria to Covid is like comparing apples and oranges.  Different infection rates and preventions/treatments.

But if you have been vaccinated, travelling to (and returning from) a less vaccinated country is not "high risk"

In fact it's less risk than going to a pub here filled with unvaccinated people, even with social distancing in place, which, given the demographic that will remain unvaccinated by the point in time that becomes possible, is already an extremely low risk.

23 minutes ago, madwullie said:

What do they show as their working? 

That the vaccine stops transmission by 60%, and lockdown measures and completely lifted in mid February. 

Not exactly working, but the hypothetical scenario that will lead to that amount of deaths by April. 

Edited by No_Problemo