Coronavirus (COVID-19)

What % of the at risk group will have had their first vaccine dose will it not be well into 80%?

To keep a lockdown when hospitalisations are stabilising will just drive people into the "f**k it" category. We need to see easements in February, March and April it's not going to wash this "extended lockdown" especially as they bring in more restrictions, correctly in my view.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
This is fairly strange, negative language around these types of people, considering you were one of them last year?

I went to visit my family in Turkey, I have openly admitted that and I did my two weeks quarantine on my return. Could have lived without going but I wasn't gagging to get it just so happened I could so I did. If allowed I would go again if not Cest la vie

Is your area busy when you go out?

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The fat, Tory c**t is giving another news conference at 5.  is it just to announce the schools as per a few posts above, or to announce that he is indeed an useless c**t and he and Hancock and other wankers are resigning?

It'll be to announce how critically important it is for him to visit Scotland this week - absolutely essential travel

48 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Lol 

Anyway, none of us are the leader of this country so everyone’s opinions apparently dont matter. 

Speaking of leaders, with the Tory’s being an utter shambles who’ve mismanaged Covid and fucked our nation, coupled with not one solitary other party or politician striking me as having the tiniest microbe of competence,  I wonder if we could start the campaign now to get Jacinda Arden to be out next PM and dae hings right via Zoom...

Pepp clearly has forgotten what the goal is here.

It's not to prevent absolutely everybody becoming mildly ill, but to prevent, ideally anyone, but realistically a significant enough number of people becoming seriously ill enough to put the health care system under strain.

By the sounds of it, the AZ vaccine does just that.

What % of the at risk group will have had their first vaccine dose will it not be well into 80%?
To keep a lockdown when hospitalisations are stabilising will just drive people into the "f**k it" category. We need to see easements in February, March and April it's not going to wash this "extended lockdown" especially as they bring in more restrictions, correctly in my view.
It won't be Feb, more like mid March into April probably before we see hospital / ICU admissions and deaths reduced to a level to start easing

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Tbf, zero covid doesn't actually mean zero caseshttps://www.pbp.ie/zero-covid-what-it-means-and-how-we-get-there/ - that's for Ireland but still relevant.

They need a new name, then.

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It means getting cases down to such a low number that tracking, tracing and protecting those people should be a piece of piss. 

You seen the jokers we gave £22bn to in order to run the track and trace? :lol:

Also, good luck this summer convincing anyone to isolate for two weeks because their neighbour two doors down's second cousin thrice removed got a positive test. Even with financial support for isolating (which is still yet to arrive a whole ten months into this shitshow), that's going to be a remarkably tough sell to most people.

11 minutes ago, btb said:

Maybe so but it was certainly around in late November when the UK government decided to turn London into a petri-dish by putting it in Tier 2 Level of lockdown. That surely has got to be a strong challenger for the worst decision of the pandemic (so far).

This was at least partially at the behest of Sadiq Khan, who fought for London to avoid being shunted into T3. 

The same Sadiq Khan who doesn't think the measures in place now are harsh enough. 

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Right so the announcement has been made by Bozo and it's not a blanket policy of hotel isolation it's only specifically applying to countries on a "red list" to be announced soon. So people from countries outwith that list will be free to do as they are just now thus zero Covid fantasists can now return to the flaccid position again.

Oh and schools reopening 5 weeks today in England is the plan.

This seems sensible. Once we have vaccinated a sufficient proportion of our population that we can consider allowing people to travel, we do so only to and from countries where we feel the risk is low.

Given NS was saying she wanted the gov to provide more support for the aviation industry because she wants to ban all travel for 2021, I can't imagine this will happen.

Is your area busy when you go out?
I arrived the day they announced the corridor was closing so it was busy 1st week or so but soon got quieter but bars etc were only just closing as we left and it was natural season end anyway mid October. I felt the smaller towns and resorts seemed much livelier than Marmaris which seemed very quiet on my day trip in but I can't say I'm a Marmaris fan at the best of times.

1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Yeah, I read someone talking about Covid being airborne aerosol and that govt don't want to tell people that. That means we can't return to normal until its gone. 

Zero Covid is obviously the only sensible strategy and its absolutely wild any adult would disagree, mind boggling.

You're out your tree, aerosol transmission has long been understood to be the main transmission between humans. There is no Government cover up. 

It is impossible to make the claims you make the virus could have a new more transmissible strain but one that doesn't result in hospitalisations or deaths and therefore we could easily "live with the virus"

Zero Covid was something to try early on just like New Zealand trying to implement it now 12 months into a pandemic with better treatments for those in hospital and a number of highly effective vaccines is just a waste of time and money. By controlling those coming from high risk areas and efficient vaccine roll out we should be able to manage the risk Covid poses down to an acceptable level. Disease control throughout the world is based on acceptable risk let's not try and reinvent the wheel so late in the game.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
10 minutes ago, 101 said:

It won't be Feb, more like mid March into April probably before we see hospital / ICU admissions and deaths reduced to a level to start easing

Even if it was something more akin to the Level 4 restrictions in the last week of February with every month thereafter us dropping down a Level. I would support that, if we wanted to stick with the level route in Scotland but do feel aggrieved that we don't prioritise outdoor activities above indoor ones.

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
16 minutes ago, 101 said:

Aye, its February next week and we are right at the peak of this thing now. Unrealistic to be expecting anything to change in February.

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

This seems sensible. Once we have vaccinated a sufficient proportion of our population that we can consider allowing people to travel, we do so only to and from countries where we feel the risk is low.

Given NS was saying she wanted the gov to provide more support for the aviation industry because she wants to ban all travel for 2021, I can't imagine this will happen.

Interestingly Australia and NZ have both recently announced their borders will remain closed for the entirety of 2021.  Wonder how they got back to normal eh. 

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

You're out your tree, aerosol transmission has long been understood to be the main transmission between humans. There is no Government cover up. 

It is impossible to make the claims you make the virus could have a new more transmissible strain but one that doesn't result in hospitalisations or deaths and therefore we could easily "live with the virus"

Zero Covid was something to try early on just like New Zealand trying to implement it now 12 months into a pandemic with better treatments for those in hospital and a number of highly effective vaccines is just a waste of time and money. By controlling those coming from high risk areas and efficient vaccine roll out we should be able to manage the risk Covid poses down to an acceptable level. Disease control throughout the world is based on acceptable risk let's not try and reinvent the wheel so late in the game.

You don't understand what aerosol airborne means.

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Interestingly Australia and NZ have both recently announced their borders will remain closed for the entirety of 2021.  Wonder how they got back to normal eh. 

They also haven't started vaccinating...

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

They also haven't started vaccinating...

They don't need to as urgently as we do.  We may never get to the levels they are at, and yet they have pre-emptively closed their borders for a year. As that's what sensible grown up governments do in an actual pandemic, here we have the biggest mess in modern history and people demanding they are allowed to go to Benidorm in six weeks.