Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Despie what NS is saying right now, the clamour from the Benidorm Brian's and Brenda's will 100% lead to any border controls being lifted sufficiently to enable the bucket and spade brigade to have their "well deserved" 2 weeks on the lash this summer.

This is fairly strange, negative language around these types of people, considering you were one of them last year?

I'm all for us giving it a go as everything else we've tried so far has been a fucking massive failure.

If it means we can go to the pub, the fitba and act like human beings but can't f**k off to Paris for a weekend for a year then sign me up.
But that would be the case for literally years until Covid19 runs its course. We have to learn to live with it not hide away from it.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Drawbridges being raised. Fortress Britain the Gammon fantasy coming to fruition (until they realise they ain't getting the fortnight in Tuscany)

In an ironic twist of fate, it's the #FBPE lot that have been vociferous about shutting the borders from day one whilst the Brexiters railed against it. Nothing like a pandemic to turn viewpoints on their head. 

Edited by Michael W

51 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

They should have just let the old guy go to die. Its a bed free for someone who isnt a massive c**t. 

Except he'll infect his massive c**t family who will go out and infect others because they trust facebook conspiracy pages more than actual doctors.

Wow, never realised there was so many nutters in here.

Anyone baulking at a zero Covid strategy should be disenfranchsied.  Imagine wanting to stamp out a disease that kills thousands of people, what a crazy idea eh.

All football fans too, well if you ever want to go watch a game of football with thousands of other people in attendance, we're going to have to get to zero Covid before that can happen.

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Still no apparent desire to get domestic life back to full normal I see. I can't understand why that wouldn't be the absolute minimum goal. "Greater normality" along with closed borders just isn't good enough.

The latter part is deeply unwelcome, but could be stomached if life here was normal.

The language NS is using is worryingly negative.

Frankly disgraceful comments. 

If this comes to fruition my vote will most definitely be lost in May. 

23 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

There's definitely a sliding doors history to be written on what happens if Boris Johnson dies in intensive care last April.

Would we have avoided this winter catastrophe? Half of all COVID deaths in Britain have come since November.

We were told by the court whisperers that his 'near death experience' changed him, but there's f**k all evidence to suggest it.

Or is it simply the case that neoliberalism/right wing populism is just completely incompatible with protecting the public?

I doubt it would have changed much at all, given that the clear elephant in the room causing the steady uptick in cases from the middle of August was actively encouraged by the Tory government, Keir Starmer, the SG and a huge chunk of the UK population alike. 

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Wow you're an idiot.

If you can’t see that shutting the country down until the end of the year (which is quite heavily what shes hinting towards with the New Zealand patter) despite having made no effort in the previous year, is a daft policy given the passage of time then that says more about you than me. 

You’re an absolute embarrassment, a joke figure, anyone who doesnt agree with you is subject to a volley of vociferous abuse then you go screaming when you get it back, i’m genuinely cringing for you. I feel sorry for you, even on the bloody internet you make up stories and lies just to feel like the big man, over the past week alone you’ve made an utter arse of yourself questioning a statistician on statistics and a parliamentary advisor on his qualifications, i mean seriously stop being a madman. 

With the reported 92 deaths today, Scotland is easily at it's worst death rate for the whole of this pandemic but I don't see any of the anger directed towards the Scottish government as at Boris and the UK gov.

It all well and good voting for the SNP in the May elections if your stance is only on Independence , but serious questions need to be answered by them on there handling and decision making on the whole of this situation.

This is fairly strange, negative language around these types of people, considering you were one of them last year?
I went to visit my family in Turkey, I have openly admitted that and I did my two weeks quarantine on my return. Could have lived without going but I wasn't gagging to get it just so happened I could so I did. If allowed I would go again if not Cest la vie

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Wow, never realised there was so many nutters in here.

Anyone baulking at a zero Covid strategy should be disenfranchsied.  Imagine wanting to stamp out a disease that kills thousands of people, what a crazy idea eh.

All football fans too, well if you ever want to go watch a game of football with thousands of other people in attendance, we're going to have to get to zero Covid before that can happen.

Do we need to have zero flu before going to a football match or leaving the country every year? A simple yes or no answer will suffice.

4 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Eight thousand deaths in Scotland now. That is frightening.

Its true we've done better than England but f**k me that is bad. I wonder what the number would be if Sturgeon had closed the border in August like people were screaming at her to do.  That and quarantine at airports we could be in a lot better position.

The problem here (similar to last summer) is that the UK Gov will need to follow Scottish restrictions or the border between Scotland and England will need to be closed.

I'm an SNP member, I'm generally supportive, however I quite simply won't accept a situation where I can't go to say Poland but I can go to England and vice versa when the infection rates are much higher in England than Poland etc. This happened last year where we were allowing virus ridden hoardes to travel up from the South of England unchecked but had to have people in quarantine for countries with a fraction of the covid infections of England.

Politically I get it, but from a public Health perspective it just won't wash I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If you can’t see that shutting the country down until the end of the year (which is quite heavily what shes hinting towards with the New Zealand patter) despite having made no effort in the previous year, is a daft policy given the passage of time then that says more about you than me. 

You’re an absolute embarrassment, a joke figure, anyone who doesnt agree with you is subject to a volley of vociferous abuse then you go screaming when you get it back, i’m genuinely cringing for you. I feel sorry for you, even on the bloody internet you make up stories and lies just to feel like the big man, over the past week alone you’ve made an utter arse of yourself questioning a statistician on statistics and a parliamentary advisor on his qualifications, i mean seriously stop being a madman. 

Yeah you're an idiot. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

And not just that. Suggesting that things here won’t be normal either. Greater normality and this being over the course of the year. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Do we need to have zero flu before going to a football match or leaving the country every year? A simple yes or no answer will suffice.

Its not the flu.

We had virtually eradicated it in August last year, this time we also have a vaccine. If we do things right now you can go watch Morton with thousands of other people at the start of next season. If we don't you may never be able to do that again, and Morton will probably  be out of business in a couple of years.

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Drawbridges being raised. Fortress Britain the Gammon fantasy coming to fruition (until they realise they ain't getting the fortnight in Tuscany)

Fish and chips on the front at Scraborough is what they want.  None of that foreign muck.