Coronavirus (COVID-19)

There really should be a clearer roadmap out of this in terms of what restrictions could/will be lifted once we hit x% of vaccinations. Still feels like we're completely in the dark about the end goal. I don't know if it's a case of politicians being too scared to miss targets/deadlines or more about being unsure about the effectiveness of the vaccine. But with the message last year being all about how we need a vaccine to get out of this mess, I thought now that we have one - more than one - that's now rolling out, that we would have a better understanding of timeframes. 

Edited by Slacker

Absolutely this. I'm not the first, and I probably won't be the last, but the shopping rules should be:
1. No mask, no entry, no exceptions. If you can't wear a facecovering for twenty minutes walking round a shop, you aren't safe to be out unsupervised, which leads neatly to:
2. Shopping is not a social activity. One trolley/basket, one shopper. No exceptions.
If you have issues with "ma assma!" then get someone else to pop to Tesco for you. Other supermarkets/bullshit justifications are available.

Hopefully it will put an end to the strutting maskless tweenie balls of testosterone that seem to inhabit our local supermarket.

Leitch was tee’d up for his......”I’m really surprised at how well the vaccine rollout is going, really surprised” statement. If one of those limp noodles who get to ask the questions had spent two minutes scrutinising the numbers, they would have seen that it merited challenging the FM. I’m still going to give Sturgeon the benefit of the doubt re guiding us out of this, but as to how someone as inept as Freecringe gets into a position of making vaccine predictions/promises....beggars belief.

39 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Our local GP practice has announced that they will start vaccinations "soon" and that it will be at weekends only.

Bizarre. I wonder if it's supply or staff availability that has made them weekend only.

25 minutes ago, 101 said:

Bizarre. I wonder if it's supply or staff availability that has made them weekend only.

No idea. Dunno if it’s to keep folk separate from run of the mill I’ll people attending the doctor, or one of the reasons you mentioned. It’s not a massive practice.  Around 12,000 patients I think. 

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

No idea. Dunno if it’s to keep folk separate from run of the mill I’ll people attending the doctor, or one of the reasons you mentioned. It’s not a massive practice.  Around 12,000 patients I think. 

Could be to keep it separate but it then leads to the question is it a suitable site if it can't be used 7 days a week. Although weekend opening 8-10 or 8-8 shouldn't take too long to get through 12,000 folk.

49 minutes ago, Detournement said:

You might need some down time from the social media if it's bothering you that much!

You are right, but I got into a big argument with this particular roaster about masks so this particularly grated. Fishing for sympathy and attention. 

I'll stop now

18 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Fair enough. I'm going to blame the govt rather than myself here but I genuinely had to read that about 10 times to get my head round it. 

It would be helpful to state explicitly in that second paragraph it relates to situations where there are other adults in the house.

Instead that is implied further on.

In any case @Scosha should buy his mum some flowers and tell her he loves her

17 hours ago, Fife Saint said:
18 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:
Fair enough. I'm going to blame the govt rather than myself here but I genuinely had to read that about 10 times to get my head round it. 
It would be helpful to state explicitly in that second paragraph it relates to situations where there are other adults in the house.
Instead that is implied further on.
In any case [mention=37246]Scosha[/mention] should buy his mum some flowers and tell her he loves her

And explain he was simply desperate for his hole.

Had it confirmed from my local MSP that I am indeed correct. 

2 hours ago, s_dog said:

So you know what, I'll stick to the target they are setting now that they have a supply of vaccines, and all the priority groups down to over-70s by the end of February.

You do that because you'll be the only one sticking to a target that the SG has already downgraded twice. 

Early December - Freeman giving it big licks that they will vaccinate 1 million: not going to happen.

Late December - Oh aye but we'll have 900,000 doses though so that's no big difference.

Now mid-January - we only got 12k done in a day but that's alright and let's just call it 500k this month and see how they do next month instead.

You carry on with your blustering if that's what keeps you happy.

I'm not happy because the clowncar incompetence of the government is well on track to require 18 fucking months of restrictions to resolve a public health crisis, and will also leave an enormous, smouldering crater where the economy used to be. Which will be just great for all the non-boomers who will be paying through utterly shite public services in perpetuity. 

Edited by vikingTON

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Idiots buy pets during lockdown when working from home like accessories then abandon them when having to return to work or just bored. Maybe buy one the right colour that goes with the living room wall paper next time ffs.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/edinburgh-dog-and-cat-home-prepared-number-unwanted-pets-soars-during-lockdown-3090090

The buying puppies was being discussed at wotk. Apparently cockapoos are £3000.