Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I strongly suspect that my family and I all had this in December. I don't think our health service would have given enough of a shite (institutionally speaking) to identify an unusual cluster of flu like symptoms like a well funded conscientious individual in China did. 

I am probably wrong but it seems reasonably possible. If I'm right, we could be wasting massive resources and interrupting kid's education for far less benefit that we're being told. 

We need to get testing. 

We had and absolute fucker of a virus in Feb, which was doing the rounds. It's impossible to know and could just have easily been a normal flu. It was very contagious tho.

I doubt it tho, I've honestly never been as ill and the timing is very suspicious to me.

Would be good to get tested.

13 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

I think this is more a test of how your government value the population. Germany have 15000 cases 44 deaths. The Uk has 3200 cases with 144 deaths. Germany seem to have the services in place to deal with it far better than the UK due to not cutting health/social care servies to the bone. When all is done and dusted the comparitive figures between the developed nations should be reason enough to change the way we are governed.

edit - dont know why this is all bold.

Italy 41,035 cases, 3,405 deaths

Went to Tesco with a fairly modest shopping list to see me through the following week.

No pasta and bog roll as expected. No mince, oatcakes, lemons. No Kerrygold butter (boo). Lucky to get one of the last porridge oats and diluting juice. 

I'll survive, but I really feel for the vulnerable folk amongst us, and am pretty angry at the greed and stupidity of the arseholes that have left us in this situation.

17 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

I think this is more a test of how your government value the population. Germany have 15000 cases 44 deaths. The Uk has 3200 cases with 144 deaths. Germany seem to have the services in place to deal with it far better than the UK due to not cutting health/social care servies to the bone. When all is done and dusted the comparitive figures between the developed nations should be reason enough to change the way we are governed.

edit - dont know why this is all bold.

Or Germany has tested less serious cases

Absolute fucking scumbag on Hamilton Facebook page asking which pubs are open this weekend, and claiming that until the govt say you shouldn't go out then they will go out. Implying people are out of order for getting stuck into her and having a right good laugh with her mates about getting steamin etc
Boils my fucking pish
I get this sentiment and I will not be going out, however there is a part of me who thinks f*ck it maybe it needs these tubes to flout the "advice" to get this lockdown as I really feel it is needed.

I cannot understand the wait. We are not at peak but if we hit the trigger now then that peak could be avoided as best we can.

This is just sitting waiting for it.

Correct. The doomsdaying to the extent many are saying is clearly not going to come but its a horrific time for the entire world. There are going to be hard times, harder than many of us have ever endured emotionally or financially. 
The good I really hope that comes of it is a change in the way of thinking that leads to fairer and more just society. If I'm being really hippy, an acceptance that across nationalities, belief systems and ideologies, we're all in the same boat that we are all very, very fucking fragile. 
This,
I really despair at people being nasty at this time, theres people out there betting that companies fail or stock rises based on pain and fear.
I was kind of scunnered working for multi national type firms but now I've no real interest in making money for shareholders or rich horrible psychopath ceo types.
Not sure what the fix is but being greedy and self absorbed whether its personally or thought governance, work or collectively is hopefully over.
Time to stop rewarding greed and make sure everyone can have a decent standard of living all over the world.

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The West runs the financial system that keeps a Scottish plumber in fabulous wealth in the eyes of a plumber in Sierra Leone, doing exactly the same job for a couple of pounds a day. I'm not sure you realise the consequences of what you're asking for.

This is nonsense.

You could never have  immediate parity between between Scotland and Sierra Leone due to Sierra Leone having their wealth stolen for centuries.

We sit on centuries worth of capital investment and the only way we can be impovrished is by the wealthy blocking access. The best example if the government building council homes which end up being rented out by the rich. The same thing has happened in education and will happen in health unless we population wise up.

5 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Went to Tesco with a fairly modest shopping list to see me through the following week.

No pasta and bog roll as expected. No mince, oatcakes, lemons. No Kerrygold butter (boo). Lucky to get one of the last porridge oats and diluting juice. 

I'll survive, but I really feel for the vulnerable folk amongst us, and am pretty angry at the greed and stupidity of the arseholes that have left us in this situation.

Macdonald's are delivering

14 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I strongly suspect that my family and I all had this in December. I don't think our health service would have given enough of a shite (institutionally speaking) to identify an unusual cluster of flu like symptoms like a well funded conscientious individual in China did. 

I am probably wrong but it seems reasonably possible. If I'm right, we could be wasting massive resources and interrupting kid's education for far less benefit that we're being told. 

We need to get testing. 

Did you have a sleepover at tbsouth's bit?

8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Or Germany has tested less serious cases

More likely that the UK figures for confirmed cases are far lower than they should be due to lack of testing.

I get this sentiment and I will not be going out, however there is a part of me who thinks f*ck it maybe it needs these tubes to flout the "advice" to get this lockdown as I really feel it is needed.

I cannot understand the wait. We are not at peak but if we hit the trigger now then that peak could be avoided as best we can.

Folk are going to live their lives accordingly, until a lockdown is imposed. Small businesses are still trying to survive in difficult times after all.

Anyone getting over-agitated by this needs to have a wee lie down.

I'm going to attempt to take my kids for a haircut tomorrow afternoon. If that pisses people off then so be it.

Guest Moomintroll

Looking at the state of our shops, why are people surprised that selfish arseholes are still going to the Pubs no matter what. Some people will want to do it misguidedly to support them but most will just be, f**k you I'll do what I want. Full lockdown is going to have to happen because these people won't get the message.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Folk are going to live their lives accordingly, until a lockdown is imposed. Small businesses are still trying to survive in difficult times after all.

Anyone getting over-agitated by this needs to have a wee lie down.

I'm going to attempt to take my kids for a haircut tomorrow afternoon. If that pisses people off then so be it.

Quite right.  Imagine getting over-agitated by people ignoring all the sensible advice and possibly contributing the the spread of the virus through unnecessary social contact.