Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

If we do, it’s what the Italians are currently going through. It won’t be nice, but we will not all be ‘fcuked’, the world will not end, and normal life as we know it will return. Not without pain, but it will return. This, in my opinion, is just not the end of the world stuff, and I am not anticipating committing suicide because I find myself in a scene from that Will Smith film where he’s hitting golf balls in a deserted NYC. If I’m wrong, then cheerio everyone. Just hope Lenny got his nine in a row.

You were doing so well until the last sentence...

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I've hoped for this for many years, but not exactly in this way. 

How else then? Seriously, it would take some apocalyptic scenario for a "reset".

20 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I think anyone with half a brain knew that when Governments decided to trash their economies and senior politicians were happy to watch their wealth be destroyed that this was slightly more serious than "just the flu".

Is there not a chance they are stressing because this is the first thing that could have a negative effect on the wealthy since the 70s and their bubble is burst?

I think the reason a lot of people are chill about this is because they are used to having health and financial problems hanging over them which requires a bit nihilism to get to through the day and to sleep at night. If you have been cushioned by affluence for your entire life this is probably terrifying. 

14 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

The best thing that could come out of this is a world wide economic collapse. Forcing a hard reset and rebalancing of wealth and power.

Going to global average earnings would be a serious shock to nearly everyone in Scotland.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Going to global average earnings would be a serious shock to nearly everyone in Scotland.

It's not about numbers or the amount of paper rectangles you have in your hand. It's about how the earths resources are redistributed to cater for everybody. Something that the world is more than capable of. It's not a lack of money or resources that keep people poor, it's ideology.

I think this is more a test of how your government value the population. Germany have 15000 cases 44 deaths. The Uk has 3200 cases with 144 deaths. Germany seem to have the services in place to deal with it far better than the UK due to not cutting health/social care servies to the bone. When all is done and dusted the comparitive figures between the developed nations should be reason enough to change the way we are governed.

edit - dont know why this is all bold.

Edited by dirty dingus

17 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

The best thing that could come out of this is a world wide economic collapse. Forcing a hard reset and rebalancing of wealth and power.

I’d settle for cnuts not eating raw bats any more.

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

How else then? Seriously, it would take some apocalyptic scenario for a "reset".

I was thinking more of co-ordinated action throughout the world where trade unions would all get together and demand change. If it meant bringing down Governments and even a bit of Sevcoess "civil unrest" then so be it.

Possibly just a romantic notion which would never ever happen, but that was the hope.

Just now, BawWatchin said:

It's not about numbers or the amount of paper rectangles you have in your hand. It's about how the earths resources are redistributed to cater for everybody. Something that the world is more than capable of. It's not a lack of money or resources that keep people poor, it's ideology.

The West runs the financial system that keeps a Scottish plumber in fabulous wealth in the eyes of a plumber in Sierra Leone, doing exactly the same job for a couple of pounds a day. I'm not sure you realise the consequences of what you're asking for.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The West runs the financial system that keeps a Scottish plumber in fabulous wealth in the eyes of a plumber in Sierra Leone, doing exactly the same job for a couple of pounds a day. I'm not sure you realise the consequences of what you're asking for.

At the very worst, countries like ours would stop being a nation of fat, greedy, self centred b*****ds. Half of the world suffers greatly, so the other half can have whatever they want. It doesn't need to be that way. We can create a world where everybody gets what they need in order to comfortably survive.

Edited by BawWatchin

I strongly suspect that my family and I all had this in December. I don't think our health service would have given enough of a shite (institutionally speaking) to identify an unusual cluster of flu like symptoms like a well funded conscientious individual in China did. 

I am probably wrong but it seems reasonably possible. If I'm right, we could be wasting massive resources and interrupting kid's education for far less benefit that we're being told. 

We need to get testing. 

11 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Is there not a chance they are stressing because this is the first thing that could have a negative effect on the wealthy since the 70s and their bubble is burst?

I think the reason a lot of people are chill about this is because they are used to having health and financial problems hanging over them which requires a bit nihilism to get to through the day and to sleep at night. If you have been cushioned by affluence for your entire life this is probably terrifying. 

I do get what you're saying, though Ignorance is bliss could be another.

Que sera sera is also the outlook of many and ultimately we're all just pawns in the game of life.

56 minutes ago, Romeo said:
1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:
An alarming amount of folk praising that press conference on Twitter.

Is it mainly deaf people with painted on eyes?

True story Romeo. In my younger days I received a double red card playing amateur football. Wasn't going to tell my wife and just head out with my bag the following weekend so she thought I was playing.

Came home to her pissing herself laughing on the Friday. She'd opened an urgent letter for me thinking it was a bill I hadn't paid. It was my suspension notice along with the part where it said "after showing Mr Merkland Red (real name redacted) a second yellow card followed by a red he then proceeded to ask me if my eyes were fucking painted on".

2 minutes ago, theportman said:
12 minutes ago, madwullie said:
Could of emoji37.pngemoji379.png 

It was part of the, albeit weak, joke.

This could all have been avoided if Dobbies in Milngavie had the decency to sell me two link sausages from their stash of twenty that were a certainty to have been binned in fifty-six minutes from me asking.

Cnuts, I tell ye’.