Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Oh, we're fcuked, make no mistake about that.

I think anyone with half a brain knew that when Governments decided to trash their economies and senior politicians were happy to watch their wealth be destroyed that this was slightly more serious than "just the flu".

The death toll is undoubtedly going to be horrendous and if and when we come out the other side then the world will have changed dramatically. 

Nobody likes to think about it, but this really is a post apocalyptic movie and we unfortunately are all part of the cast.....

Just my opinion, but I think this post is utter pish, and will be worth bringing back out a year from now.

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

1. Coylumbridge Hotel, Aviemore.

2. Heart of Midlothian Football Club, Edinburgh.

That's not how you spell Celtic. Or Celtic Park. Or Glasgow either, for that matter.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I'm not going to jump down their throats for not calling it now, but it will be cancelled.  All the bands playing will have already cancelled their corresponding tours.

I fully expect that it will be cancelled too. But I don't get the outpouring of rage 😂

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Just my opinion, but I think this post is utter pish, and will be worth bringing back out a year from now.

I hope you're right. (obviously)

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Good luck trying to make a computer to read it on out of twigs and dust. 

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

I have an uncomfortable feeling that all the chat about Italy, older population, kissing culture, families living together etc was just a subconscious attempt to rationalise why it won't happen as badly here, when every indication is that it will.

You could also suggest it because they  eat too much pasta! 🙂

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Nobody likes to think about it, but this really is a post apocalyptic movie and we unfortunately are all part of the cast.....

^^^ Been binge watching disaster movies since being laid off.

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I think there's a very high chance that we all have to spend at least two months under conditions not seen in this country since the war.  While it might not be armageddon, it's a very intense and frankly alarming time to be alive, so the overreaction is understandable.  I just hope some good comes of it.

Just now, BawWatchin said:

^^^ Been binge watching disaster movies since being laid off.

Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman for tonight and it was 12 Monkeys the other night.

It's the hope that keeps me going.

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I concur.

(Hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the Covids.)

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I think there's a very high chance that we all have to spend at least two months under conditions not seen in this country since the war.  While it might not be armageddon, it's a very intense and frankly alarming time to be alive, so the overreaction is understandable.  I just hope some good comes of it.

The best thing that could come out of this is a world wide economic collapse. Forcing a hard reset and rebalancing of wealth and power.

Guest bernardblack

I naively did not think this would have such an economical impact.

I’m terrified if there is a lockdown when we go out for essentials etc, people are animals now in the supermarkets already

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

If we do, it’s what the Italians are currently going through. It won’t be nice, but we will not all be ‘fcuked’, the world will not end, and normal life as we know it will return. Not without pain, but it will return. This, in my opinion, is just not the end of the world stuff, and I am not anticipating committing suicide because I find myself in a scene from that Will Smith film where he’s hitting golf balls in a deserted NYC. If I’m wrong, then cheerio everyone. Just hope Lenny got his nine in a row.

Edited by pozbaird

Just now, BawWatchin said:

The best thing that could come out of this is a world wide economic collapse. Forcing a hard reset and rebalancing of wealth and power.

I've hoped for this for many years, but not exactly in this way. 

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Correct. The doomsdaying to the extent many are saying is clearly not going to come but its a horrific time for the entire world. There are going to be hard times, harder than many of us have ever endured emotionally or financially. 

The good I really hope that comes of it is a change in the way of thinking that leads to fairer and more just society. If I'm being really hippy, an acceptance that across nationalities, belief systems and ideologies, we're all in the same boat that we are all very, very fucking fragile.