Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not going to happen, not under any circumstances.

Especially when her compatriot is saying this, further up the article:

image.png.c6e69f4303f647d3396f8bf8a45d03ce.png

A 'very-low' level threat does not, should not and will not equate to 'taking the same precautions' that we are currently taking.

The long-term future of this virus is that it's severity will be severely reduced as a result of vaccinations and it will be absorbed into daily life as something that like flu, like chest infections, you are aware of and want to avoid catching in winter.

The thought of 'continued restrictions' for such a low-level threat that has an effective vaccine is fucking laughable. So laughable that if it was truly viable, we should have already been living with these restrictions for hundreds of years during flu seasons but clearly don't.

I suppose it hinges on what you believe "tools to save lives" and "good public health" means. 

Fwiw I agree that it's an impossible sell to continue with restrictions as is much past the point of mass vaccination (and data that shows the vaccines behave as hoped), however long that takes. 

I'm just tongue-in-cheek pointing out that this doesn't seem to solely be the view of some rogue desperate to boost his profile dentist, but that a number of people in the public health and scientific communities feel this way. 

Edited by madwullie

7 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Yeah I actually agree 

I think the WHO have become ultra risk adverse and it's a bit of a worry as I guess rightly most governments will take their lead from them.

6 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Social distancing dosnt happen

Masks do get worn by many. Being busy has resulted in my work to be fucked. Has taken until the week of Xmas for staff wise to collapse in big numbers. 

Sorry to hear that and I hope you're colleagues are doing okay sadly the simple things of good hand hygiene and social distancing were dumped by the supermarkets and in fact I don't know what your Tesco was like by my sister was told not try and enforce social distancing in fact folk would stand right next browsing to her whilst she was stocking shelves.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

I think the WHO have become ultra risk adverse and it's a bit of a worry as I guess rightly most governments will take their lead from them.

Sorry to hear that and I hope you're colleagues are doing okay sadly the simple things of good hand hygiene and social distancing were dumped by the supermarkets and in fact I don't know what your Tesco was like by my sister was told not try and enforce social distancing in fact folk would stand right next browsing to her whilst she was stocking shelves.

The stations for hands etc have always been there for people to use. 

We were told if we don't feel safe then walk away. So sitting upstairs or in back room gets the shelfs filled etc 

Folk don't give a f**k. I have been reminded many times we are not the police. I cant force you to wash your hands. Many of our colleagues are fucked. Mentally many aren't in a good place. I missed Xmas with my parents this year as I had to self isolate ( last year my mum was in carsview ) so aye was a bit shit. Not to worry I'm back to work tomorrow and carry on like normal. 

26 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Dentist imo

20201229_100636.jpg

Said it before, but if the vaccines stop people getting seriously ill with covid (in addition to lowering your chances of getting it) then the "precautions" can be filed right into the bin. 

If people still want to wear a mask they are of course free to do so. The rest of us will get on with life. 

4 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

The stations for hands etc have always been there for people to use. 

We were told if we don't feel safe then walk away. So sitting upstairs or in back room gets the shelfs filled etc 

Folk don't give a f**k. I have been reminded many times we are not the police. I cant force you to wash your hands. Many of our colleagues are fucked. Mentally many aren't in a good place. I missed Xmas with my parents this year as I had to self isolate ( last year my mum was in carsview ) so aye was a bit shit. Not to worry I'm back to work tomorrow and carry on like normal. 

I've long maintained retail staff should be allowed one glassing a day, people are so incredibly selfish. It wouldn't surprise me if the Dundee outbreak was started by someone who had tested positive "just nipping out for some Christmas essentials" or something equally moronic that they couldn't possibly do without.

I hope it won't be too long before you can see your mum give her a big hug and guzzle Irn Bru. 

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

I've long maintained retail staff should be allowed one glassing a day, people are so incredibly selfish. It wouldn't surprise me if the Dundee outbreak was started by someone who had tested positive "just nipping out for some Christmas essentials" or something equally moronic that they couldn't possibly do without.

I hope it won't be too long before you can see your mum give her a big hug and guzzle Irn Bru. 

144 people were standing outside waiting to get in on boxing day. Now this is our fault for being open in the first place but where is the need. 

And thank you. This won't go away anytime soon so I presume I will be off isolating again soon in the future as we will know doubt just carry on 

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

_116286514_final-mail-nc.png

I'm old enough to remember when going to school meant becoming a communist, luckily I have followed the mail front pages and home schooled my sprogs so they believe Carrots cure cancers and house prices give you a heroin addiction.

image.png.14d8820c1efe0450a1fd4388a7637da6.png

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I did.

The entire Highland Council office staff must be on furlough, that carpark is usually packed out. Was thinking there would be plenty room for another tent down the other end for mass vaccination.

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It’s taken a while but I see we’ve reached the Daily Mail stage.

In between the new series of logans run being created we will soon be building a wall and china will pay for it 

21 minutes ago, 101 said:

Most (if not all) of the conspiracy theories which talk about Covid 19 being planned and used as the catalyst for a NWO cite the WHO at the very centre as a corrupt globalist political organisation.

Comments like those really don't help.

Edited by Todd_is_God

5 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

144 people were standing outside waiting to get in on boxing day. Now this is our fault for being open in the first place but where is the need. 

And thank you. This won't go away anytime soon so I presume I will be off isolating again soon in the future as we will know doubt just carry on 

144! Madness, no doubt a fair chunk of then were folk with huge trolley loads on the 23rd/24th but "just fancied a browse" with a few family members in toe.

If the pandemic has taught us anything this is a worrying number of people who treat going to a supermarket as if it's a hobby.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

144! Madness, no doubt a fair chunk of then were folk with huge trolley loads on the 23rd/24th but "just fancied a browse" with a few family members in toe.

If the pandemic has taught us anything this is a worrying number of people who treat going to a supermarket as if it's a hobby.

Fifers, obviously.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The entire Highland Council office staff must be on furlough, that carpark is usually packed out. Was thinking there would be plenty room for another tent down the other end for mass vaccination.

They're all WFH.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

Many people spread their shopping out so they can get out the house a few times a week , so they head to the supermarket and they may bump into friends and have a blether. This is common 

38 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not going to happen, not under any circumstances.

Especially when her compatriot is saying this, further up the article:

image.png.c6e69f4303f647d3396f8bf8a45d03ce.png

A 'very-low' level threat does not, should not and will not equate to 'taking the same precautions' that we are currently taking.

The long-term future of this virus is that it's severity will be severely reduced as a result of vaccinations and it will be absorbed into daily life as something that like flu, like chest infections, you are aware of and want to avoid catching in winter.

The thought of 'continued restrictions' for such a low-level threat that has an effective vaccine is fucking laughable. So laughable that if it was truly viable, we should have already been living with these restrictions for hundreds of years during flu seasons but clearly don't.

I think you are missing the point. It's the period where a lot of people still haven't been vaccinated that's the problem. Even if the vaccines were available in stock, it will still take ages to vaccinate everyone.

There are no plans afaik to vaccinate Kids.  No testing having taken place. Looking ahead do the P&B masses believe when all adults have been jabbed, and that many restrictions are lifted, that anyone will give a second thought to kids transmitting the virus like the good old common cold.