Jump to content
ICTChris

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

You'll need to refer to Jason Leitch's recent lecture on spoon sharing with that one.

Where the f are the sprouts and the bread sauce?

And what is that green shit with the berries, is that on the menu. was this car crash spread done by Pret-a-manger?

Hopefully in the fucking bin where it belongs.

Oh, and the Brussels are literally at the top of the picture out of focus.

 

Edited by djchapsticks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully in the fucking bin where it belongs.
Oh, and the Brussels are literally at the top of the picture out of focus.
 
Get the Brussels in the bin as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snafu said:

A lot of these brands are old fashioned and business wise have failed to move with the times, this was going to happen at some point within the next couple of years regardless. Horrendous for the workforce who likely most of them probably earn close to minimum wage and are unlikely to find much else short term.

What would you do here, this lot would have probably sunk anyway just a couple more years down the line. Throwing money at them will just contribute to the debt to the treasury which is going to affect everyone very soon.

Maybe Green can go with a begging bowl to the Bank of England?

Or has that route already been exhausted?

I don't think Green is that interested anymore. I read an interview yesterday with a youngish woman who'd been a longtime customer of Topshop who gave her views, that are slightly different to yours.  She said that Topshop etc hadn't really kept up with the times.

However, she went on, what is doing well recently, and now, are very much 'fast fashion' brands  Disposable stuff, produced quickly, that after a few wears, and a handful of months... you might as well throw away.   Her Topshop stuff is better quality, and lasts.

That says to me that there is a decent brand there that needs reimagining,  

Apart from the point where an ar*ehole bought BHS from Green for £1, took £2.3 Million out of the business in 'consultancy fees' for himself , and then let it go bust.......  Green hadn't really invested in the business for years, no real online presence as I recall. Tired, drab clothing ranges in the stores...

I guess he's done much the same with Arcadio, Topshop etc....   

There will be buyers for some of his brands.

Edited by beefybake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Snafu said:

A lot of these brands are old fashioned and business wise have failed to move with the times, this was going to happen at some point within the next couple of years regardless. Horrendous for the workforce who likely most of them probably earn close to minimum wage and are unlikely to find much else short term.

What would you do here, this lot would have probably sunk anyway just a couple more years down the line. Throwing money at them will just contribute to the debt to the treasury which is going to affect everyone very soon.

Maybe Green can go with a begging bowl to the Bank of England?

Or has that route already been exhausted?

The bit I've highlighted is baws I'm afraid. It's everything to do with being 'new fashioned and having moved with the times'.

In the olden days business would hold cash and stock to see them through lean times. This c**t Green - and generally accepted current coroprate wisdom - is to rape as much money out of their business as they possibly can (see Mrs Green's £1Bn dividend not so long ago), run it 'hot' with no assets to fall back on, just in time supply chains and generally load it with debt that the business scrambles to manage forevermore. The Glazers and Man U are a similar example. For the Sevco-daft, that's what the boy Whyte tried to to with Rangers before it went so spectacularly wrong.

Old fashioned prudently run businesses that sit with cash and assets were widely thought to be inefficent but they'll be the ones managing to tide themselves over this year.

The £30M borrowings he's looking for is small change. Everyone should do a Branson on him and tell him to f**k off. Problem with that strategy though is the c**t will probbaly use that as an excuse to kill 90% of his leasehold shops, put 90% of the workforce out of their jobs and then buy back the brands from the Administrators for peanuts to then run as a principally online offering. 

Unprincipled c***s.

Heads gone. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Apprentice sales assistant? Christ what a fuckin brass neck! not that they are the only ones mind you. a few companies are doing so called " apprenticeships" for jobs you could train a dug tae do and therefor get around minimum wage requirements,  what a state of a country, an embarrassment in a first world country that this is legal

Aye utterly crazy this isn't preparing the future of the country for anything. Hopefully Scotland will be able to set it's own minimum wages soon.

34 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

SCQF Level 5 required, eh.

Take note kids;  if you're only on target for either a general or foondy Standard Grade equivalent then you can wave goodbye to any aspirations of getting that dream 8k p/a job at New Look.

 

I know SCQF level is surely 2/3 all you need is a basic grasp of English and how money works pointless excluding people from basic but challenging jobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure that posters recognise that was a stock photos.  Mine will include sprouts (which I like) roast tatties and cranberry sauce.  And lots of Rioja.

81CA34D4-15A6-4D45-8790-E46ECB8F6208.jpeg.f09ce9d07050858c0b8cd8e25d027a38.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, no, no, no, no.  Hold the thread.

Wtf is this 'bread sauce' malarkey?  Genuinely never heard of this, possibly because I don't collect my water from a well.

Edited by Hedgecutter
nor do I proof read

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hedgecutter said:

No, no, no, no, no.  Hold the thread.

Wtf is this is 'bread sauce' malarkey?  Genuinely never heard of this, possibly because I don't collect my water from a well.

I collect mine from Aldi.

^^^^^

Classy but cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:
Hopefully in the fucking bin where it belongs.
Oh, and the Brussels are literally at the top of the picture out of focus.
 

Get the Brussels in the bin as well.

Brussel sprouts & pancetta are fucking awesome. Get YOU in eh bin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hedgecutter said:

No, no, no, no, no.  Hold the thread.

Wtf is this is 'bread sauce' malarkey?  Genuinely never heard of this, possibly because I don't collect my water from a well.

It's excellent but more divisive than Chipper/ Chip Shop.

https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/international/european/british/traditional-bread-sauce

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Irony is one of my favourite words.

Incendiary is another.

Bread sauce poured over roast potatoes and sprouts are in my opinion what's great about a good old fashioned Scottish Christmas dinner.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

That looks bland as f**k. 

Good bread and plenty seasoning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is going to be very controversial, but people who like bread sauce should have and people who don’t shouldn’t.

I’ve never tried it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When made correctly, bread sauce has the look and consistency of vomit, which should be enough to infrom your decision on whether or not to have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

The bit I've highlighted is baws I'm afraid. It's everything to do with being 'new fashioned and having moved with the times'.

In the olden days business would hold cash and stock to see them through lean times. This c**t Green - and generally accepted current coroprate wisdom - is to rape as much money out of their business as they possibly can (see Mrs Green's £1Bn dividend not so long ago), run it 'hot' with no assets to fall back on, just in time supply chains and generally load it with debt that the business scrambles to manage forevermore. The Glazers and Man U are a similar example. For the Sevco-daft, that's what the boy Whyte tried to to with Rangers before it went so spectacularly wrong.

Old fashioned prudently run businesses that sit with cash and assets were widely thought to be inefficent but they'll be the ones managing to tide themselves over this year.

The £30M borrowings he's looking for is small change. Everyone should do a Branson on him and tell him to f**k off. Problem with that strategy though is the c**t will probbaly use that as an excuse to kill 90% of his leasehold shops, put 90% of the workforce out of their jobs and then buy back the brands from the Administrators for peanuts to then run as a principally online offering. 

Unprincipled c***s.

Heads gone. Sorry.

pretty much, when my partner and I attended a start up workshop the leymans term the used was and I quote " a car with a full tank a fuel won't go as fast " 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wiki - Bread Sauce

History

A survivor of the medieval bread-thickened sauces, the traditional British bread sauce is made with milk, butter or cream, and bread crumbs, flavoured with onion, salt, cloves, mace, pepper, and bay leaf, with the fat from roasting often added as well. It typically accompanies domestic fowl such as turkey or chicken. The use of slightly stale bread is optimal, making it an economical way of using up leftover bread. The sauce is easy to make and uses readily available ingredients.

Bread sauce can be traced back to at least as early as the medieval period, when cooks used bread as a thickening agent for sauces. The utilisation of bread in this way probably comes from cooks wanting to use up their stale bread who discovered that it could be incorporated within sauces to make them thicker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...