ICTChris

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Talking about this 'Save Christmas' or 'Don't kill Granny', why even bother. 2hrs Christmas shopping in the likes of Marks & Spencer or Tesco when busy with no one bothered about social distancing will probably do it anyway. It puts another angle on the words 'panic buying'.

23 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I accepted that didn't actually mean it was a 2% rise although that's the way it reads. As I said 91% attendance amidst a global pandemic doesn't make such a good click bait headline though.

Good decision to have an extended break over Christmas. Can cut what was looming as a 2 week February break down a bit to adjust the teachers leave entitlement.

A 28% rise in Covid related absences in a "safe" environment is noteworthy, however much positive spin you try to put in it.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s just been on the radio.  Needs £30m to tide them over.

Here’s an idea you greedy fucker, put the money in yourself.

A lot of these brands are old fashioned and business wise have failed to move with the times, this was going to happen at some point within the next couple of years regardless. Horrendous for the workforce who likely most of them probably earn close to minimum wage and are unlikely to find much else short term.

What would you do here, this lot would have probably sunk anyway just a couple more years down the line. Throwing money at them will just contribute to the debt to the treasury which is going to affect everyone very soon.

Maybe Green can go with a begging bowl to the Bank of England?

Or has that route already been exhausted?

For a bit of context it's approx 9% of the EAC school population absent which is about 2% above normal. The same newspaper group has publications all over Ayrshire, they ran the exact same click bait headline for South Ayrshire council schools a couple of weeks back and it was pointed out to them by umpteen Facebook posters then that the figures quoted at that time actually represent below average absence despite the headline X000 pupils absent.  

And not all 1,100 will have the virus - many will have negative tests and be self-isolating. Same with some staff being off. 

It's idiotic badly-informed nonsense.

A smart journalist might have done a little more digging on the more damaging impact of staff being over-stretched but also the existing levels of absenteeism.

39 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I never said it wasn't I was merely providing context to the figure. It's a big number but in % terms 91% were at school as normal or put another way an extra 300 out of 12,000 kids were absent compared to normal but not as good click bait that. Pretty good in the midst of a world wide health crisis imo

Well, actually you did when you said it was 2%...

7 minutes ago, Snafu said:

A lot of these brands are old fashioned and business wise have failed to move with the times, this was going to happen at some point within the next couple of years regardless. Horrendous for the workforce who likely most of them probably earn close to minimum wage and are unlikely to find much else short term.

What would you do here, this lot would have probably sunk anyway just a couple more years down the line. Throwing money at them will just contribute to the debt to the treasury which is going to affect everyone very soon.

Minimum wage if you're lucky, look at this job ad for New Look.Screenshot_20201127-153955.thumb.jpg.e2282843004c501e687fd0b294be62e0.jpg

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Every extensional economic downturn impacts upon marginal businesses.  A further two years of trading means a further two years of employees earning wages and pension contributions (though Green has previous on that).

People like Green will always look for others to bail them out rather than coughing up themselves.

Pretty sure his missus is a Monaco based tax dodger, I’m sure £30m wouldn’t break her bank.

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

For a bit of context it's approx 9% of the EAC school population absent which is about 2% above normal. The same newspaper group has publications all over Ayrshire, they ran the exact same click bait headline for South Ayrshire council schools a couple of weeks back and it was pointed out to them by umpteen Facebook posters then that the figures quoted at that time actually represent below average absence despite the headline X000 pupils absent.

Umpteen Facebook posters can't be wrong.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

Umpteen Facebook posters can't be wrong.

That’s a bit ironic on this thread.

Sky News at the moment showing Philip Green not enjoying being questioned by reporters.

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

Minimum wage if you're lucky, look at this job ad for New Look.Screenshot_20201127-153955.thumb.jpg.e2282843004c501e687fd0b294be62e0.jpg

Apprentice sales assistant? Christ what a fuckin brass neck! not that they are the only ones mind you. a few companies are doing so called " apprenticeships" for jobs you could train a dug tae do and therefor get around minimum wage requirements,  what a state of a country, an embarrassment in a first world country that this is legal

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s a bit ironic on this thread.

Sky News at the moment showing Philip Green not enjoying being questioned by reporters.

Irony is one of my favourite words.

20 minutes ago, 101 said:

SCQF Level 5 required, eh.

Take note kids;  if you're only on target for either a general or foondy Standard Grade equivalent then you can wave goodbye to any aspirations of getting that dream 8k p/a job at New Look.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
41697C5C-9692-4C0D-8DD4-EA03CECD033E.jpeg.454eb34a8d7577a7480cbcddb42b03ff.jpeg

Where the fucks the roasties?

... And I can see my mash, but not yours!

46 minutes ago, Snafu said:

This conundrum reminds me a little bit of one of the best twitter posts ever made. Best viewed on a phone so you can zoom:

https://twitter.com/tristandross/status/1275753420285251584?s=20

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s just been on the radio.  Needs £30m to tide them over.

Here’s an idea you greedy fucker, put the money in yourself.

If the spotlight wasn't on him rather more  this time round,  he'd probably try to do a BHS.

7 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Mind there were all those rumours before Eat Out to Help Out that Sunak was going to give everyone in Britain 500 quid to help stimulate the economy. Will be class looking back at the onset of the second wave that we could’ve saved thousands of lives by giving everyone a Nintendo Switch and Breath of the Wild instead of offering a tenner off Nandos if you queued for three hours on a Wednesday afternoon.

Some of us have been busy playing games for adults, thanks

Don't touch me, you filthy casual | Filthy Casual | Know Your Meme

4 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Captain Tearing the arse out it

I was going to say I feel quite uncomfortable seeing stuff like this because I get the impression he's being taken advantage of, but I've just noticed his fleece says "The Captain Tom Foundation" on it and I find myself not caring as much.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
41697C5C-9692-4C0D-8DD4-EA03CECD033E.jpeg.454eb34a8d7577a7480cbcddb42b03ff.jpeg

Where the fucks the roasties?

You'll need to refer to Jason Leitch's recent lecture on spoon sharing with that one.

Where the f are the sprouts and the bread sauce?

And what is that green shit with the berries, is that on the menu. was this car crash spread done by Pret-a-manger?