Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Apparently Britain is genuinely well ahead of Europe and most of the world in something for a change, genetic sequencing. It's possible the new variant is widespread over the channel too, they're just not aware of it yet

Of course it is, it's been confirmed  in Denmark, Italy, Belgium and The Netherlands.

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Can you not for once pause in your self-agrandissement and think?

In our beautiful modern society, families for the most part need two incomes. Unpaid leave is absolutely no fucking good to these parents, unless you suggest they should eat their kids? Schools are a significant part of the plan*, and with this lovely virus, the normal fallback of grandparents has largely been taken out of the picture.

The idea of a societal failure who spends every day on here telling people how to live in the real world but, I repeat, spends every day on a wee football forum, has a few flaws in it as well.

*As is, for many, having annual leave at different times to ensure childcare throughout the school holidays.

Expect to see this crowbarred into his next rant.

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

I remember saying last December (a week or so after the election) that Boris would not be PM by the end of 2020 (he is neither up to it or up for it) Looks as if I will be wrong but possibly not by a great margin. 

If it makes you feel any better, I reckoned that about now would be the time when we started to hear “well at least Corbyn isn’t in charge”. I was out by 7 months.

11 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I'm sure that'll get put down as some clerical error, selfish b*****ds, imagine how relations will be after this between actual health staff and them?

As was said a few pages ago, it’s happened in several places. How they could all f**k it up so badly is beyond me.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

This thread is absolutely fucking mental.

Anyway, I agree with the suggestion of a running total of vaccines delivered. Have already said on here, this is the area where 95% of the scrutiny* of the UK and indeed Scottish media should be focussed.

How many today? Why not more? Will it be more tonorrow? Why not?

Repeat every day until a significant portion of the vulnerable categories have been done. Then focus on removal of damaging restrictions.

*lol

We do announce the vaccine numbers every Wednesday I think it is.

21 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

That's f****** ridiculous, tbqh

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's f****** ridiculous, tbqh

Of course it is, my old dear is a nurse in the QEUH and works in theatres but is in and out of clinics and recovery etc, shes not been offered the injection but her managers who are working from home have. There should be people losing their jobs at executive level. Get the military into do the vaccines now, they’ll run 24/7 and get it fired into everyone who needs it. That should be the plan with the oxford one at least. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Page 2062 on this very thread is where the discussion around the Swinney announcement on 23rd June begins.  It unfolds over the following few pages with various teachers, including Gaz funnily enough, chipping in about the change in government direction and the change in school planning that it necessitated.

It could not be more clear that the plan for schools to make a full time return for all pupils in August, was announced on Tuesday the 23rd of June.

It had nothing at all to do with the exam mess which emerged with the results on the 4th of August, exactly six weeks later.

Yep, I've got it wrong. Fair play to yourself. In my defence, I was pretty close to a nervous breakdown back in June!