Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

You were saying......BBC News - Covid in Scotland: Level 4 restrictions 'could remain after 11 December'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-55206120

Never, ever believe the BBC.

11 local authorities currently in Level 4 will come out of that level on Friday. That position has not changed. The Cabinet will decide on Tuesday what level below 4 they’ll go into. My comments were intended to mean in respect of that decision, all options are on the table.

Jeane Freeman @JeaneF1MSP  

11 local authorities currently in Level 4 will come out of that level on Friday. That position has not changed. The Cabinet will decide on Tuesday what level below 4 they’ll go into. My comments were intended to mean in respect of that decision, all options are on the table.

1:28pm · 6 Dec 2020 · Twitter for iPad

I watched the interview, and it would have been a lot less confusing if Gary Robertson had let her get any more than 3 words out at a time - absolutely awful interviewing style

I watched the interview, and it would have been a lot less confusing if Gary Robertson had let her get any more than 3 words out at a time - absolutely awful interviewing style

I never bother watching interviews now for that reason.

Journalists are so desperate to trip politicians up they’ll do whatever they can.

4 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

He's the epitome of snp bad 

Jeane Freeman @JeaneF1MSP  

1:28pm · 6 Dec 2020 · Twitter for iPad
It did seem odd but again illustrates the BBCs determination to undermine the SNP at any opportunity. They are barely hiding bias these days. That said it's as well Jeannie is retiring, she isn't the best communicator. You can imagine SNP HQ getting on to her pronto after the interview issuing her with the "clarification" statement.

3 hours ago, s_dog said:

We don't even have any guarantee that these vaccines will give anything other than a short-term protection against coronavirus, but aye we can return to normal. Things will hopefully start to return to normal by spring, because there will have been a big fall in the numbers of infections and a significant number of elderly or at risk people are vaccinated. None of your daft outrage is going to change that. 

We've just had two posters saying they've lost people at the age of 50 & 59 (a very fit & healthy 59), but hey we should just lift the restrictions and say tough luck. And you can't be that dim that you can't see that not all of the hundreds of people being admitted to hospital on a daily basis, plus the thousands that have been ill at home mean its not just a harmless to the vast majority, just because they haven't died from it.

Or maybe you are. You think it's lockdown that's trashing the economy and not the fact that there's a pretty infectious virus that is causing thousands of people to die and thousands more to be hospitalised.

The lockdown is absolutely trashing the economy and if you think that we should keep it to prevent a handful of avoidable deaths then we'd also be doing it every fucking year for flu season. And we'd be bankrupt.

There is no place in public policy for such weepy emotional judgements.

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

“National treasures”. 

I’ve never heard of any them. 

9757128A-1623-444A-97FD-FC24572FAB0F.jpeg

Do you live in a cave? I wouldn't waste vaccine on any of them. 

I was actually thinking you should need to sit a test to get it.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

53 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was actually think I g you should need to sit a test to get it.

So long as it's a multi-faceted test rather than just focusing on education.

People who still don't know how to pay contactless but try to wave their card around like a magic wand at the checkout before using chip and pin = a truncheon in the face and no vaccine.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

People who still don't know how to pay contactless but try to wave their card around like a magic wand at the checkout before using chip and pin = a truncheon in the face and no vaccine.

...and people who can't type "thinking" properly. Fixed now, so I still get it.

6 hours ago, s_dog said:

We've just had two posters saying they've lost people at the age of 50 & 59 (a very fit & healthy 59), but hey we should just lift the restrictions and say tough luck. And you can't be that dim that you can't see that not all of the hundreds of people being admitted to hospital on a daily basis, plus the thousands that have been ill at home mean its not just a harmless to the vast majority, just because they haven't died from it.

'People know people that have died' is as stupid an argument as 'I don't know anyone that's died' when it comes to making decisions about the restrictions.

Christ your easily annoyed !!!

14 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

'People know people that have died' is as stupid an argument as 'I don't know anyone that's died' when it comes to making decisions about the restrictions.

The media caters way too much to irrationality, because that helps sell papers and drive TV ratings.

When COVID gets turned into a bigger crisis than it really is (an IFR of 0.2% would have been viewed as a massive relief back in January, and really does put it in unusually bad flu season territory), the NHS stops focussing on other matters like cancer screening to the extent they normally would be and people will die as a consequence in the years ahead, who will often also be fit 50 somethings. 

Public health decisions on how best to balance out the available resources and health issues should not be driven by what dominates the modern 24/7 cable news cycle and gives attention craving politicians the limelight and a chance to micromanage people's lives to an absurd extent.

On a similar vein, can I add fuckers who use the self scan checkouts, pay for everything then decide to spend 5 minutes packing instead of doing so as they scan shit. Seethe inducing.