Coronavirus (COVID-19)

29 minutes ago, s_dog said:

We've got to vaccinate over 50 million people, and just days after getting the news one single vaccine has been passed for use, and confirmation we're getting delivery of the first batch, which'll vaccinate up to 400,000, and some eejits already moaning about how the goalposts are being shifted 😂

We're vaccinating an entire country. Even the Germans admit they expect it to take them until 2022.

We don't have to vaccinate 50 million people before returning to normal, not even remotely. Because the infection is in fact harmless for the vast majority of the population.

It should be a straightforward trade-off between the costs of trashing the economy and people's liberties every day and the social costs of serious infections/deaths. Once you vaccinate health care workers so there is no impact on front line staffing and the coffin dodgers who account for the overwhelming majority of deaths, the second part of that equation collapses in value. The costs of lockdowns stay the same and so they belong in the bin.

If people choose to continue shielding until they get a vaccine then they should be free to do so. The current restrictions should be lifted though. If that means that a handful 50 year old fatties get an unlucky break before their vaccine arrives then that's just tough luck.

Edited by vikingTON

What is the schedule over the next few weeks for tier reviews ? I’m in Renfrewshire which is tier 4. I believe this is up until 11 Dec. If we do or don’t move tiers when is the next pre xmas / pre new year reviews ??
I believe (hope) all areas in tier 4 will be at least moved back to tier 3 on the 11th. Although nothing would surprise me.

41 minutes ago, 101 said:

Just found out my pal died of Covid aged 50 f**k the virus and f**k this year.

f**k sake mate, sorry for your loss.

Grim.

Woman I work with, lost her father-in-law a few weeks ago. 59, fit as a flea, no underlying health issues.

Stuck in the house until the 15th after Mrs LH Developed symptoms on Wednesday morning. To be fair though, we got a test booked for that afternoon and the result on Thursday night.

55 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Should get vaccine next week, will let you know if I develop any side effects.

talking season 3 GIF

We’ll determine side effects for ourselves.  If you come on here and start spouting shite we’ll know everything is normal.

2 hours ago, MuckleMoo said:
2 hours ago, 101 said:

Sorry for your loss bud. 2020 can get in the fucking bin!

1 hour ago, LincolnHearts said:

f**k sake mate, sorry for your loss.

Grim.

Woman I work with, lost her father-in-law a few weeks ago. 59, fit as a flea, no underlying health issues.

Stuck in the house until the 15th after Mrs LH Developed symptoms on Wednesday morning. To be fair though, we got a test booked for that afternoon and the result on Thursday night.

Thank you both 💜, it's particularly tough as before he went in he had just finished doing about 1000 miles cycling in 3 months, I heard he was on a ventilator and didn't hear much after that to hoped that he was fighting away and winning, sadly it wasn't to be. 

3 hours ago, 101 said:

Sorry to hear that, brother. Take care of yourself and thoughts with everyone who knew them.

Edited by NotThePars

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Sorry to hear that, brother. Take care of yourself and thoughts with everyone who knew them.

9 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

So sorry to hear that.  Keep safe. 

Thank you both :angel

8 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Which country should the UK unify with to share the pain?

Norway. Westminster might as well steal their oil now Scotland's is seemingly running out, expensive pints will reduce alcohol consumption in line with Scottish Government pricing, we'd do better in the Eurovision Song Contest and Winter Olympics and we might get some blonde wids settling here

15 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Review is on Tuesday. Guessing it will be reviewed again early in the new year.

Thought you steered clear of this thread? Think the levels get reviewed weekly on Tuesdays. If the OxfordAZ vaccine gets approved by MHRA next week access to Newtown Park might not be that far off given the Falkirk LA area already has relatively low rates on COVID cases. Although people talk about it only having 70% effectiveness, nobody in the trials got severe COVID symptoms after receiving the OxfordAZ vaccine, and it would be much easier to ramp up the rate of vaccinations with both OxfordAZ and Pfizer available in a UK context.