Coronavirus (COVID-19)

31 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Old people need to banned from the shops!!!
Its them thats doing all the panic buying

I’d imagine many old folk are struggling to buy a wee bit extra let alone panic buy.

6 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Apologise if this has been posted already (this thread seems to expand at a rate of knots!), but Graham Spiers has a rather odd idea...

All well and good keeping kids off School but does it not defeat the purpose to let them run about? 

And there will be a lot of teenagers just will not stay at home.

19 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Agree with your sentiment but the French and Spanish only did it at the weekend past.  BJ and his crew certainly dithered tho. I wonder how much input Cummings had. We'll never know of course as he's a c**t.

FTFY

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Always surprises me that so many people with wildly successful lives feel the need to spend the majority of their time trolling an anonymous football forum, tbh.

I liked this post.  So did my butler.

6 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Apologise if this has been posted already (this thread seems to expand at a rate of knots!), but Graham Spiers has a rather odd idea...

Take kids out of school to stop them catching/spreading the virus.  Encourage social distancing to reduce the spread of the virus.

Unlock all weather pitches so kids can... oh, wait.

5 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Maybe he's measuring the harm of Virus casualties Vs an entire generation getting no exercise for months. 

You don't really see kids kicking a ball about now anyway. 

I see the amateur epidemiologists are still out in force.

If you 1) are not an epidemiologist and 2) have not seen the evidence used by the CMOs and the 4 administrations, your opinion on what should or should not have been done is worthless. You've no way of knowing who's right and who's wrong. It's like a dog giving you advice on how to put up shelves.

I've seen doctors be wrong on the epidemiology, because they don't realise how discrete the discipline is. They talk about stopping the virus, while epidemiologists say that's not possible.

This isn't like criticising your club's manager for who they pick at left back, this is real stuff.

If you 1) are not an epidemiologist and 2) have not seen the evidence used by the CMOs and the 4 administrations, your opinion on what should or should not have been done is worthless. You've no way of knowing who's right and who's wrong. It's like a dog giving you advice on how to put up shelves.
I've seen doctors be wrong on the epidemiology, because they don't realise how discrete the discipline is. They talk about stopping the virus, while epidemiologists say that's not possible.
This isn't like criticising your club's manager for who they pick at left back, this is real stuff.

In fairness, if people didn’t wax lyrical on subjects they know nothing about, P&B would be dead. Most folk have prefixed their comments in this thread with a qualifying statement. It’s only the usual subject who claim to know better.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I liked this post.  So did my butler.

Take kids out of school to stop them catching/spreading the virus.  Encourage social distancing to reduce the spread of the virus.

Unlock all weather pitches so kids can... oh, wait.

I was going to argue with this, but what's the point. Reality doesn't matter any more.

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

C'mon, it couldn't be realer than that...

Just now, Savage Henry said:

In fairness, if people didn’t wax lyrical on subjects they know nothing about, P&B would be dead. Most folk have prefixed their comments in this thread with a qualifying statement. It’s only the usual subject who claim to know better.

Yeah I wasn't referring to most, just the ones that are assuming the level of expertise that I do when watching a sport I haven't seen in 4 years at the Olympics. But that's just for fun.

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

All of us have degrees in epidemiology.  If you don’t then f**k off back to the football threads.

BTW in the last two games Neilson played Mark Reynolds ahead of Jamie Robson at left back.  Crazy stuff.

16 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Racist how? I’d expect any nation to do it.

Absolute shite, so if say the English had countries not wanting to trade with them you would expect them to create a virus to wipe out the planet?

I disagree with your assessment. I don't think other countries governments would purposely try to kill everyone. And it's got to the point where I think your unfortunately a moron.

Laugh all you like but I don't have my toilet breaks monitored or have to ask permission to take a day off and nobody bullies me or gets me to do anything I don't want to do.
I'll take crippling uncertainty and wildly fluctuating income over being humiliated like that any day of the week.
Brrrrrrrr.......shiver.....

This is the Covid-19 “Hearts Daft makes 9.50 an hour, champ” response isn’t it?

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Epidemiologists aren’t actually in charge of policy though: which is why every country in Europe has set up different and contradictory measures at a comparable rate of cases. It is the politicians who pick and choose what measures to take by weighing up public health advice alongside economic and countless other calculations as well. 

So it’s Boris Johnson (and by extension Sturgeon) whose judgment is actually being questioned here, not your beloved ‘health expert’ just nodding along in the corner after the decision of the day is made.

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Absolute shite, so if say the English had countries not wanting to trade with them you would expect them to create a virus to wipe out the planet?

I disagree with your assessment. I don't think other countries governments would purposely try to kill everyone. And it's got to the point where I think your unfortunately a moron.

You’re a moron.  No need to think about it.

Probably a racist one.

Those "greedy fuckers" are called customers.
I get what you mean but usually a company is making a profit but some brightspark thinks hey we pay uk workers £10 an hour for making circuit boards but if we move to Romania its £2 a day.
f**k you uk workers, factory closed.
Seen it happen many times.