Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, MuckleMoo said:

Received a letter from the government asking to take part in the Covid 19 infection survey.

Initial visit consists of a swab and blood sample then a visit once every week for 4 weeks to take further swabs. After that it is a visit every month for 11 months where again they will take bloods and a swab.

Good thing is that I'll be getting tested on a regular basis and will be told the results. Bonus is that I get a £25 voucher for every visit

I got a £15 voucher and a linen shopping bag from the Office of National Statistics for answering a few questions about Covid and whether I feel happy or not.

17 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yes. That was in writing. It’s my considered opinion having read a great deal about it and having applied my knowledge as a former clinician in critical care. Feel free to disagree and/or sue.

see below

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

As someone with no medical training, no scientific background and all my money tied up in foreign tax havens I concur.  Sue and be damned.

but I'll be deid. It's P&B who could get a nice little earner if they play their cairds right. 'Sno fair 🙁

48 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

see below

but I'll be deid. It's P&B who could get a nice little earner if they play their cairds right. 'Sno fair 🙁

I'll be a guinea pig for you. If I suddenly stop posting, stay well clear and batten down the hatches for the foreseeable.

Was there not a long running battle between to two authorities as to who was to get the rates from Braehead?

That's a total misnomer. All Non Domestic Rates collected are pooled so which authority collects them has no bearing on revenue as they all get their share regardless of what they collect.

Council tax on the other hand is income to the collecting authority hence there is pressure to collect it way more than NDR.

"My flatmates and I are veRy gratEful for the goodie bagS. The university has no obligation to give these out but the faCt they have done so is so generoUs. DEfinitely lifts oUr spirits aS lockdowN can be quite tOugh aWay from our families!" - Kate, Goodricke

44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'll be a guinea pig for you. If I suddenly stop posting, stay well clear and batten down the hatches for the foreseeable.

That seems fair enough but you could be knocked doon by a bus or a mobility scooter so I'd need a second opinion (or another guinea-pig)

26 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Jeez, I'm glad I'm no at University cos I'm diabetic and that lot would kill me. 

50 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

That's a total misnomer. All Non Domestic Rates collected are pooled so which authority collects them has no bearing on revenue as they all get their share regardless of what they collect.

Council tax on the other hand is income to the collecting authority hence there is pressure to collect it way more than NDR.

I honestly wouldn’t know. 

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yes. That was in writing. It’s my considered opinion having read a great deal about it and having applied my knowledge as a former clinician in critical care. Feel free to disagree and/or sue.

Yeah but Senga on Facebook says "vaxines r bad"

16 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Sure they said Mid and East lothian will be in tier 2 from tuesday. 

Can see us back in tier 3 if these cases keep going up. 

Yeah that is what is meant to be happening but the 7 day average for Midlothian is now at 100.6 positive cases per 100,000 (up from when I checked yesterday). Can see promotion being cancelled at this rate à la Falkirk FC.

On 20/11/2020 at 15:22, superbigal said:

After a 4 day break worth having a look particularly at those Teams who are relegated at 6.00pm.

Cases in Scotland per 100K diagnosed in the 7 days up to 13th November were 141.5    As of just released to 17th November we are at 140.7 or a tiny drop of 0.56%    On paper does look like progress had stalled. 

Relegated

East Ayrshire 172.1 to 150.8  Another sustained drop of 12.37 %   and as I indicated above I think they are unfortunate to be relegated.

East Dunbartonshire 224.6 to 175.8  A suprising late drop of 21.93  Came too late for them to avoid the chop.  Unfortunate.

East Renfrewshire  197.8 to 188.4  Small drop of 4.75%   So Tier 4 was predictable and justified.

Glasgow City 275.6 to 251.9 Another welcome drop of 8.59%  was far too late.

North Lanarkshire   237.6 to 242.8  A rise of 2.18%   So you do wonder if it will ever come down.

Renfrewshire 241.8 to 261.3  A rise of 8.06%   Similar to the Lankers

South Ayrshire 159 to 159.8 A rise of 0.50%   Were borderline I suspect but not currently helping themselves

South Lanarkshire 229.3 to 229.3   No Change.     Much like its neighbour needed relegated.

Stirling 167.7 to 214.4  A rise of 27.84% continuing its ascent to be the worst performing LA in Scotland currently.    I called Tier 4 correct.

West Dunbartonshire 181.0 to 156.3 Another decrease of 13.64%  and were mightily unlucky to hit Tier 4 imo

West Lothian  158.4 to 191.2 Rise of 20.70%.   ScotGov must have seen this coming and called it correct.

Promoted

East Lothian 60.7 to 54.2  Decrease of 10.70%   I called their rightful promotion correct.

Midlothian 58.4 to 76.8 Increase of 31.50%   Kind of blotting their progress before the tier 2 kicks in.  This will need watched.

Previously Relegated & Progress

Angus 84.3 to 92.1  Increase of 9.25%    Need some shift the other way before next Tuesday or stuck in Tier 3

Fife 143.0 to 140.5  Decrease of 1.74%  Not before time as was sliding to Tier 4 for 1st Brechin City style double relegation.

P&K 88.8 to 108.6  Increase of 22.29%   Quite worrying and no chance of getting back to tier 2 on these numbers.

Finally some random Authorities

Dundee 138 to 120.5  Decrease of 12.68%     Dundee looks quite likely on this progress to exit tier 3 within a couple of weeks.

Clackmannanshire  99.0 to 163 Increase of 64.64%   Very small authority but that trajectory only gets you towards tier 4

2 Days on and the 7 day cases per 100K uo to 19th November drops from 140.7 to 134.2 or 4.62%

Having another look at the Areas that have been moved in Tiers

Relegated

East Ayrshire 150.8 to 146.7 continues to defy why it entered Tier 4

East Dunbartonshire 175.8 to to 157.4  also now looks unfortunate to have been relegated.

East Renfrewshire 188.4 to 193.7   Confirms decision was correct.

Glasgow City 251.9 to 230.6  Seems to have finally woken up to this second wave.

North Lanarkshire 242.8 to 234.9  Again confirms decision was correct.

Renfrewshire 261.3 to 260.7 confirms they do not give a shit.

South Ayrshire 159.8 to 150.1  again like the East a little unfortunate to be relegated.

South Lanarkshire 229.3 to 227.7 another shameless area.

Stirling 214.4 to 205.9  Hopefully has hit it's weird peak and should improve quickly. Very localised in this area.

West Dunbartonshire  156.3 to 140.6  Like its neighbour mightily unlucky to have been chopped.

West Lothian 191.2 to 194.4  is currently a really poor performing area excluding Swan Munchers who are clean of the virus and southern outliers.

Promoted Tuesday coming

East Lothian 54.2 to 55.1  so promotion is secured.

Midlothian 76.8 to 100.6   This could well be a late change of decision

Previously Relegated

Angus 92.1 to 89.5 Stubbornly high no chance of promotion

Fife 140.5 to 114.6   Wow finally the map turning blue.  

Perth & Kinross 108.6 to 112.5   Performing poorly like Angus

Random 

Dundee City 120.5 to 105.8   I think this pattern means tier 2 in 10 days

Clackmannanshire 163.0 to 168.8   in real danger of relegation

Argyll and Bute only prospect of promotion to Tier 1   still too high in Aberdeen and the Shire.

Edited by superbigal

Aberdeenshire is sleepwalking towards relegation to Tier 3.

By 5th November the 7 day positive per 100,000 was 26
By 12th November the 7 day positive per 100,000 was 52.1
By 19th November the 7 day positive per 100,000 was 65.5