Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Congratulations on the stupidity of Scottish sports pundits - thinking that the protocols for a bubble in Scotland are enough for international travel.

Seems to be an attitude of "It's the SFA's fault. Protocols not being followed etc etc".

You can have all the protocols in the world but if you don't have full control of the environment it's perfectly possible for the infection to be caught - hotels, transport, the Greek opposition - I doubt very much the SFA had much control over those.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Iv said it before on here, but once medicine provides a reasonable level of protection for the vulnerable, the vulnerable no longer have an at all costs right to be protected from it or a right not to die from it. And if that sounds crass to you, then you just have to have a think about how the health service works. The price to protect people from covid has been unprecedented because there was nothing available to protect. 

I don't get where you thought I was suggesting that. I'm just saying that if you're offered a vaccine and refuse it you're making a choice to deliberately put others at risk, and if enough people refuse it will force vulnerable people to stay cooped up indoors, and all these boring restrictions will continue. And you're not getting on my fucking plane.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't get where you thought I was suggesting that. I'm just saying that if you're offered a vaccine and refuse it you're making a choice to deliberately put others at risk, and if enough people refuse it will force vulnerable people to stay cooped up indoors, and all these boring restrictions will continue. And you're not getting on my fucking plane.

I suppose you are right in that a deliberate refusal puts others at risk, but at risk categories will be done first so I imagine its minimal and people who are unable to to take the vaccine will be a very small number. So that leaves us with is it reasonable to say Britain is closed to anyone who cannot provide proof of vaccination to protect this population, when the same population can and maybe will be put at the exact same risk by our own population?

Apologies if this has been posted already but I see that Midlothian, due to move to Tier 2 next Tuesday, is currently hitting around 96.3 cases per 100,000. Well above the "magical" 75 cases per 100,000  that is the apparent threshold for Tier 2 / 3 restrictions. If that carries on I guess the change in restrictions will be cancelled?

19 minutes ago, RiG said:

Apologies if this has been posted already but I see that Midlothian, due to move to Tier 2 next Tuesday, is currently hitting around 96.3 cases per 100,000. Well above the "magical" 75 cases per 100,000  that is the apparent threshold for Tier 2 / 3 restrictions. If that carries on I guess the change in restrictions will be cancelled?

Hadn't realised that Midlothian, and presumably East Lothian, don't move to tier 2 until Tuesday. All the councils that moved to tier 4 did so on Friday at 6pm did they not?

So am I right in thinking if you move down a tier it happens the following Friday, but if you go up a tier you have to wait a week?

Looking at those numbers, yes, every chance their 'promotion' will be cancelled.

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

Hadn't realised that Midlothian, and presumably East Lothian, don't move to tier 2 until Tuesday. All the councils that moved to tier 4 did so on Friday at 6pm did they not?

So am I right in thinking if you move down a tier it happens the following Friday, but if you go up a tier you have to wait a week?

Looking at those numbers, yes, every chance their 'promotion' will be cancelled.

Are they actually moving on Tuesday? I thought at the time Sturgeon mentioned she hoped next Tuesday to announce they were moving down a tier. Rather than being definite  this was just thrown in to offset the bad news that was coming. At the end of the coverage the news teams were mentioning this like it was a given 

The wife is an actual biomedical scientist for the NHS and just looked at me with incredulity when I said it would be good to have had the vaccine by March. "are you going to take it?" 

Bearing in mind I'm pretty high risk were I to catch it. There's not enough face-palm emojis to describe my feelings 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by madwullie

15 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Are they actually moving on Tuesday? I thought at the time Sturgeon mentioned she hoped next Tuesday to announce they were moving down a tier. Rather than being definite  this was just thrown in to offset the bad news that was coming. At the end of the coverage the news teams were mentioning this like it was a given 

I thought it was a definite, but wouldn't be first time I got something wrong!

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

I thought it was a definite, but wouldn't be first time I got something wrong!

Sure they said Mid and East lothian will be in tier 2 from tuesday. 

Can see us back in tier 3 if these cases keep going up. 

The wife is an actual biomedical scientist for the NHS and just looked at me with incredulity when I said it would be good to have had the vaccine by March. "are you going to take it?" 
Bearing in mind I'm pretty high risk were I to catch it. There's not enough face-palm emojis to describe my feelings [emoji2357] 
Is she saying you shouldn't take it then as your post doesn't make it clear. And if not why not?

So it would seem most areas in England are likely to come out of their lockdown and straight into the top tier of restrictions according to the BBC.

What is it with the govt leaking this information at half 10 on a Saturday nigbt?