Coronavirus (COVID-19)

59 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I did a stint working in addictions, do as I say not as I do springs too mind.

Anyway I've been supping alcohol gel half the afternoon...

I've not really.

Sucking it through a sock is the hygienic way, so my friend says. 

8 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Morale in the Prisaon Service dropped through the floor during the Summer. All I'm hearing this morning is anger and a desire to find alternative employment. That Amazon is a direct competitor for labour in South Yorkshire tells its own story.

Thank fúck I can retire in a couple of years. lovely, gold-plated £800/month pension - all it's cost me is quarter of a century of disrespect and my health.

Don't worry when you're gone they will get the G4S bods in which is a roaring success. Its really sad and frustrating to see them commit spending to new stuff rather than making the old stuff better.

I've not really.

Have you read adam kays book? He talks about a patient who used to drink the alcohol gel, but it wasn’t as good since they changed the recipe.

29 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Put him on your Ignore List mate. He was going after me viciously too (might still be for all I know) and I felt it was making my time on here less enjoyable. Putting him on Ignore has certainly made the forum more readable, even if some people do quote him meaning I can see him lashing out!

Great call Marshy, have a greenie.

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

I've not really.

Was it hard for you to quit working in addictions?

48 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Put him on your Ignore List mate. He was going after me viciously too (might still be for all I know) and I felt it was making my time on here less enjoyable. Putting him on Ignore has certainly made the forum more readable, even if some people do quote him meaning I can see him lashing out!

Can you post a screenshot of your updated Ignore List for the lads?

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

The article talks about using empty theatres etc - just wondering how you can do that when you don't have sufficient teachers to staff it?

One of the major concerns which he completely misses is that it is almost impossible to staff some schools because so many staff are off self-isolating.

If some schools in some LAs are at that point then blended learning is not the answer - you really need to be looking at school closures.

This is quite hard but hopefully a bit therapuetic. My auld man will die within the next few days, he's in hospital with late stage dementia after losing the ability to eat and having a delerium. He's been in a ward for 8 days and we have been now told he has Covid. They have informed us that it is palliative care and they will make his journey as smoothe as possible. I will not see my dad again after being his carer for 5 years and to be honest I don't want to. He was probably near the end of life but to go out that way is a kick in the nuts. So basically I'm saying don't be c***s and underestimate the human effect this disease has.

This is quite hard but hopefully a bit therapuetic. My auld man will die within the next few days, he's in hospital with late stage dementia after losing the ability to eat and having a delerium. He's been in a ward for 8 days and we have been now told he has Covid. They have informed us that it is palliative care and they will make his journey as smoothe as possible. I will not see my dad again after being his carer for 5 years and to be honest I don't want to. He was probably near the end of life but to go out that way is a kick in the nuts. So basically I'm saying don't be c***s and underestimate the human effect this disease has.
Are you sure you're not allowed in in these circumstances?

My heart goes out to you regardless. [emoji17]

Really sorry to hear that.

Just now, H Wragg said:

Are you sure you're not allowed in in these circumstances?

My heart goes out to you regardless. emoji17.png

they were allowing my mother in until he got covid as a dementia patient you are allowed 1 person in to visit, there is an option to glove/mask/screen up to say goodbye but to be honest I don't want to watch him die in hospital. I wanted him home to die with dignity at home till the covid came into it.

13 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

So sorry to hear this, mate.