Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Mad that Nicola Sturgeon has the final say on decisions during a global pandemic when she doesn't have any weans.

And what if the situation then puts areas in the Level 4 bracket?

They never learn.

Apropos of nothing, this continuing health crisis has shone the spotlight on the failure of opposition MPs/MSPs to differentiate between holding governments to account, which they absolutely should be doing - the need for strong opposition has never been more important, and pathetic attempts at trying to score cheap political points. See Leonard et al and the unfortunate woman with stage 4 cancer yesterday as an example of the latter. 

It's shone a spotlight too on the paucity of quality journalism. If opposition MPs/MSPs aren't capable of asking the questions that need to be asked then the Fourth Estate should be. Instead they appear to attend these briefings with a preset agenda and tailor their questioning towards a headline they've at least mentally already written. 

Edited by John MacLean
To correct a horrendous spelling mistake

10 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Think I'll get in early and book a holiday for February, I qualify for a fairly early one under 3 categories. That timetable sounds massively ambitious though.

Edited by welshbairn

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

5EEA6F0A-ABC3-4015-B240-0069D9C4E58E.thumb.jpeg.ed8150528c6d4a2650625eb83f1bac9e.jpeg

I completely agree with this. I think Sturgeon is doing a far better job than the UK Government, despite some mistakes, and I will continue to vote SNP.

It doesn’t mean that the Scottish Government are infallible and don’t deserve some criticism for the mistakes they’ve made.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

I completely agree with this. I think Sturgeon is doing a far better job than the UK Government, despite some mistakes, and I will continue to vote SNP.

It doesn’t mean that the Scottish Government are infallible and don’t deserve some criticism for the mistakes they’ve made.

You’re correct, but that’s not what’s going on with a certain group of posters on here, so since rational discussion is not a possibility I’ve decided to adopt an alternate approach as a counterbalance.

10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I'm glad to see her approval ratings are high.

I've been an SNP voter since I was old enough to vote and I like Sturgeon in general. If her perceived good handling of the pandemic ultimately leads to a landslide for the SNP next year and independence then that is fine by me.

As you said, defending everything a party or politician does is bizarre behaviour. Those who are pro-independence who do this are every bit as weird as unionists who defend everything said or done by Boris and the little twerp Douglas Ross.

Overall, I believe Sturgeon is the best current candidate to lead Scotland but should be held to account and scrutinised like every other politician, more so as she is the First Minister.

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Who did you say no to?

In anyway I don't think any of us know how Jason Leitch would come across in the GN section of a football forum. I doubt very much if he would be the equivalent of either of the Spanish Giants. Maybe there's a few on here that could tie him in knots, including our Todd.

Doubtful. If Todd was half as clever as he thinks he is he would still be twice as clever as he actually is. 

33 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

Apropos of nothing, this continuing health crisis has shone the spotlight on the failure of opposition MPs/MSPs to differentiate between holding governments to account, which they absolutely should be doing - the need for strong opposition has never been more important, and pathetic attempts at trying to score cheap political points. See Leonard et al and the unfortunate woman with stage 4 cancer yesterday as an example of the latter. 

It's shone a spotlight too on the parcity of quality journalism. If opposition MPs/MSPs aren't capable of asking the questions that need to be asked then the Fourth Estate should be. Instead they appear to attend these briefings with a preset agenda and tailor their questioning towards a headline they've at least mentally already written. 

7 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I'm glad to see her approval ratings are high.

I've been an SNP voter since I was old enough to vote and I like Sturgeon in general. If her perceived good handling of the pandemic ultimately leads to a landslide for the SNP next year and independence then that is fine by me.

As you said, defending everything a party or politician does is bizarre behaviour. Those who are pro-independence who do this are every bit as weird as unionists who defend everything said or done by Boris and the little twerp Douglas Ross.

Overall, I believe Sturgeon is the best current candidate to lead Scotland but should be held to account and scrutinised like every other politician, more so as she is the First Minister.

Agreed on every count. Another issue is the paucity of talent behind NS for when she inevitably does chuck it at some point in the future. 

Just now, alta-pete said:

Agreed on every count. Another issue is the paucity of talent behind NS for when she inevitably does chuck it at some point in the future. 

I agree, but a lot of folk questioned whether Sturgeon was up to the job when she took it; remember Salmond was seen as a hard act to follow.  Hopefully others can rise to the challenge.

17 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Looks like I spent too long playing roulette.   Still not had lunch and currently on course to finish a couple of hours late.

Lazy GP practice b*****d, ah here comes my next face to face which we apparently don't see.  Oh no its a kid...

Is 'KILL IT WITH FIRE' an option?

Killer Queen Fire GIF by NETFLIX

On 16/11/2020 at 15:32, superbigal said:

A week on let's have a look at progress.

Overall cases per 100K were 154 when I did this post last Tuesday.   Figures were up to 7th November.

6 Days later and figures to 13th November show a decrease to 141.5 or  8.12%   Suggest R is now between 0.95 & 1.00

I now have the last 14 days of Data for each Council.

Start with the tier 3 Councils and move down to Tier 1    My comments in brackets.  Bold if significant

City Of Edinburgh  Tier 3  86.3 to 86.9 Increase 0.69%   (Reversed slight downward trend to overall increase 0.69%. So Tier 3 is Correct)

Clackmannanshire  Tier 3   131.9 to 99.0  Decrease 24.94% (actually an increase in cases since last week..   Tier 3 for now.)

Dundee City  Tier 3   176.8 to 138.0   Decrease 21.95%  (Same comments as Clack an increase in last week Stay tier 3)

East Ayrshire  Tier 3   220.5 to 172.1    Decrease  21.95%   (A tiny further decrease since last weeks good work.  Unlucky if they now get punted to Tier 4)

East Dunbartonshire  Tier 3   222.8 to 224.6    Increase 0.48%    (Another small rise So Tier 3 no effect must enter Tier 4)

East Lothian   Tier 3   97.1 to 60.7   Decrease 37.48%    (Sustained decreases and really should get promoted to Tier 2)

East Renfrewshire  Tier 3   226.1 to 197.8  Decrease 12.51%   I   (After last weeks scathing comments a good week. Unlucky to have your best week and then get punted into tier 4)

Falkirk   Tier 3    118.7 to 88.3  Decrease 25.61%    (Actually a bad week in Falkirk So Tier 3 has to stay)

Glasgow City  Tier 3   299.5 to 275.6   Decrease 7.97%  (1st time in weeks they are actually behaving but clearly will still get punted to Tier 4)

Inverclyde  Tier 3   72.0 to 101.5    Increase 40.97%  (Reversed much of last weeks huge rises so will be mightily unfortunate to leave tier 3)

Midlothian  Tier 3  97.3 to 58.4   Decrease  39.97%    ( These guys are really following the rules and should get promotion soon to Tier 2 )

North Ayrshire  Tier 3  178.1 to 139.5   Decrease 21.67%   (Some people on West side of country are behaving.  Continuing to drop.  Tier 4 would be a shocker and have little justification.) 

North Lanarkshire  Tier 3  280 to 237.6   Decrease  15.14%    (1st time in weeks they are actually behaving but clearly will still get punted to Tier 4)

Renfrewshire  Tier 3  231.2 to 241.8   Increase 4.58%   (Again their 1st actual decent week but too little too late.  Tier 4 is a must)

South Ayrshire  Tier 3  151.9 to 159.0  Increase 4.67%    (Actually also a very good week but may be too late Could cling on to Tier 3)

South Lanarkshire  Tier 3 317.6 to 229.3  Decrease  27.80%   (A very good fortnight. Still very high number though. Tier 4 tomorrow will still take a bit of explaining)

Stirling Tier 3   77.5 to 167.7   Increase  116.39%  (What is going on in Stirling ?  Hurtling towards obvious Tier 4 out of nowhere!!)

West Dunbartonshire  Tier 3  208 to 181.0  decrease 12.98%%    (Another with a good week so why tier 4 tomorrow would need explained)

West Lothian   Tier 3  181.3 to 158.4  Decrease 12.63%   (Decent week but clearly staying Tier 3)

Fife Tier 2 moved to Tier 3   81.9  to 143   Increase 74.60%   (Fife really needs to screw the nut or it could end up in Tier 4)

Perth & Kinross Tier 2 moved to Tier 3  75.0 to 88.8  Increase 18.40%   (Tier 3 is having an effect decent week)

Angus Tier 2 moved to Tier 3   51.6 to 84.3   Increase 63.37%    (Tier 3 had an impact but not turned the tide yet)

Aberdeen City Tier 2,  44.6 to 55.5    Increase 24.43%      (Bad week and more chance of sliding to tier 3 than 1. But then again "They can Boogie")

Aberdeenshire Tier 2   29.5 to 53.2   Increase 80.33 %   (Similar to the city a real bad week and heading to wrong tier)

Argyll & Bute  Tier 2    57.1 to 31.4   Decrease 45.00%    (Another good week and surely go Tier 1)

Dumfries & Galloway  Tier 2  62.5 to 51.1  Decrease 18.24%     (Good week another similar needed for Tier 1)

Borders  Tier 2  39.8 to 61.5  Increase 54.52%  (moaned they were in tier 2  but now rightly so)

Highland  Tier 1   19.9 to 20.4 Increase 2.51%  (No change Tier 1)

Moray   Tier 1   14.6 to 32.4  Increase 121.92%  (Still tiny number but may be pushed to tier 2 if continues)

Na h-Eileanan Siar  Tier 1   3.7 to 22.5     (Basically was 1 case and now 6   Tier 1 no problem)

Orkney Tier 1   9.0 to 4.5    (Basically was 2 cases and now 1.  Get them in Tier 0)

Shetlands Tier 1   8.7 to 0.0  (Was 2 cases and now 0 cases.  Get them in Tier 0)

After a 4 day break worth having a look particularly at those Teams who are relegated at 6.00pm.

Cases in Scotland per 100K diagnosed in the 7 days up to 13th November were 141.5    As of just released to 17th November we are at 140.7 or a tiny drop of 0.56%    On paper does look like progress had stalled. 

Relegated

East Ayrshire 172.1 to 150.8  Another sustained drop of 12.37 %   and as I indicated above I think they are unfortunate to be relegated.

East Dunbartonshire 224.6 to 175.8  A suprising late drop of 21.93  Came too late for them to avoid the chop.  Unfortunate.

East Renfrewshire  197.8 to 188.4  Small drop of 4.75%   So Tier 4 was predictable and justified.

Glasgow City 275.6 to 251.9 Another welcome drop of 8.59%  was far too late.

North Lanarkshire   237.6 to 242.8  A rise of 2.18%   So you do wonder if it will ever come down.

Renfrewshire 241.8 to 261.3  A rise of 8.06%   Similar to the Lankers

South Ayrshire 159 to 159.8 A rise of 0.50%   Were borderline I suspect but not currently helping themselves

South Lanarkshire 229.3 to 229.3   No Change.     Much like its neighbour needed relegated.

Stirling 167.7 to 214.4  A rise of 27.84% continuing its ascent to be the worst performing LA in Scotland currently.    I called Tier 4 correct.

West Dunbartonshire 181.0 to 156.3 Another decrease of 13.64%  and were mightily unlucky to hit Tier 4 imo

West Lothian  158.4 to 191.2 Rise of 20.70%.   ScotGov must have seen this coming and called it correct.

Promoted

East Lothian 60.7 to 54.2  Decrease of 10.70%   I called their rightful promotion correct.

Midlothian 58.4 to 76.8 Increase of 31.50%   Kind of blotting their progress before the tier 2 kicks in.  This will need watched.

Previously Relegated & Progress

Angus 84.3 to 92.1  Increase of 9.25%    Need some shift the other way before next Tuesday or stuck in Tier 3

Fife 143.0 to 140.5  Decrease of 1.74%  Not before time as was sliding to Tier 4 for 1st Brechin City style double relegation.

P&K 88.8 to 108.6  Increase of 22.29%   Quite worrying and no chance of getting back to tier 2 on these numbers.

Finally some random Authorities

Dundee 138 to 120.5  Decrease of 12.68%     Dundee looks quite likely on this progress to exit tier 3 within a couple of weeks.

Clackmannanshire  99.0 to 163 Increase of 64.64%   Very small authority but that trajectory only gets you towards tier 4

Edited by superbigal

Yup. Have been watch Clacks numbers very carefully and there’s certainly been a big jump. The Stirling numbers are skewed towards Bannockburn, Plean, ‘Forth’ (whatever that covers) immediately adjacent. Was saying to the wife earlier that I wouldnt be at all surprised if we got punted to Level 4 next week as an afterthought.