Coronavirus (COVID-19)

57 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Dunno what its like at your end but my GP experience a few months back of phoning the practice and getting a call back 2 hours later to discuss the issue is a million times better for me than waiting 2 weeks or phoning up at 8am pretending to be at deaths door.

Hopefully distanced appointments for those who want it can continue 

Have to agree. Pre-COVID at our GP you had to phone at 8.30 prompt to get the golden ticket appointment at exactly 2 weeks hence. Too late, bad luck, the day’s fully booked but do please try again tomorrow. 

Now, phone up, called back same day, simple diagnosis, treatment/prescription as appropriate immediately. Appreciate it won’t fit for all but seems a much more efficient system. 

4 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Have to agree. Pre-COVID at our GP you had to phone at 8.30 prompt to get the golden ticket appointment at exactly 2 weeks hence. Too late, bad luck, the day’s fully booked but do please try again tomorrow. 

Now, phone up, called back same day, simple diagnosis, treatment/prescription as appropriate immediately. Appreciate it won’t fit for all but seems a much more efficient system. 

It must vary from GP to GP then. I got offered a call back in a couple of weeks.

Back when Tony Blair was in that lovely man Gordon Brown kept civil service pay increases down to 1.9% "to combat inflation" as it was argued if the public sector got increases everyone else would want them and more. Which was shite because I knew back then the economy was crashing and bosses had been trousering large bonuses in the private sector.

Then we were "all in it together" so Gideon kept the increases down to 1%.

In Scotland those sneaky horrible Nats have actually upped the pay increase to 3% in the last couple of years. Obviously they're just buying votes, the rotters.

Our poor English colleagues have have 1-2% over the last decade at least. Now Covid is the latest excuse when Boris has fired millions to cronies like Dido Harding. If Covid hadn't happened I wonder if they would have used our glorious wonderful People's Brexit as an excuse

46 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Me too, 5 minute phonecall at home beats half an hour trying to find a parking space at Raigmore and traipsing down miles of corridors trying to find where your appointment's supposed be and waiting an hour for it to happen. I can understand why it's not always appropriate though.

Brilliant eh? 

I was at Raigmore a couple weeks ago for a checkup for the wee one. Car park was actually okay. I'm back next month as maxillofacial has finally started doing check ups again. 10am appointment, worst time 😭

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Back when Tony Blair was in that lovely man Gordon Brown kept civil service pay increases down to 1.9% "to combat inflation" as it was argued if the public sector got increases everyone else would want them and more. Which was shite because I knew back then the economy was crashing and bosses had been trousering large bonuses in the private sector.

In Scotland those sneaky horrible Nats have actually upped the pay increase to 3% in the last couple of years. Obviously they're just buying votes, the rotters.

Our poor English colleagues have have 1-2% over the last decade at least. Now Covid is the latest excuse when Boris has fired millions to cronies like Dido Harding. If Covid hadn't happened I wonder if they would have used our glorious wonderful People's Brexit as an excuse

That’s a political scandal that passed me by.

I used the online diagnosis thing and it told me to phone the GP surgery. Then phoned the surgery and they told me to use the online diagnosis thing. Gave that one more go as maybe I wasn't doing it right and, yes, it told me to phone the surgery. Decided I didn't fancy getting caught in an infinite loop of incompetence so gave up.

8 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Brilliant eh? 

I was at Raigmore a couple weeks ago for a checkup for the wee one. Car park was actually okay. I'm back next month as maxillofacial has finally started doing check ups again. 10am appointment, worst time 😭

Aye, Covid's done wonders for the car park..:lol:

9 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

While this is all true, it is also an inevitable consequence of trashing the economy twice in eight months that no, you're not actually getting public sector pay rises in years to come. Anyone who was cheering the shuttering of hospitality, tourism, retail etc. can hardly complain when the government takes measures to recoup the enormous cost that we'll be paying off for a generation.

Clearly going senile in your old age.
I've given suggestions many times (one of which was different restrictions in different areas based on prevelance - labelled impossible by the great minds on here).
You also says this was over as a public health crisis.

I'd take anything you posted with a large shovel of salt.

While this is all true, it is also an inevitable consequence of trashing the economy twice in eight months that no, you're not actually getting public sector pay rises in years to come. Anyone who was cheering the shuttering of hospitality, tourism, retail etc. can hardly complain when the government takes measures to recoup the enormous cost that we'll be paying off for a generation.

I can see both sides.

I used the online diagnosis thing and it told me to phone the GP surgery. Then phoned the surgery and they told me to use the online diagnosis thing. Gave that one more go as maybe I wasn't doing it right and, yes, it told me to phone the surgery. Decided I didn't fancy getting caught in an infinite loop of incompetence so gave up.
It's like trying to contact Sky.

You go online and if your question isn't answered then phone them.

When you phone them and go through the automated questions they then direct you back to the website.