Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Aufc said:

Looks like there is going to be a public sector pay freeze next year. One way to divide the nation

Nah the hogs love shitting on the public sector as we're all lazy good for nothing wage thieves wasting YOUR tax dollars!

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Gp practices are doing nothing mate, we go in and play twister, charades and poker all day  while laughing at nobody getting in.

You may have noticed that there is a global pandemic going on, health boards and SG advices were for us to  move to video consults and over the telephone with minimal face to face contact.

Now my practice and many others are still seeing a lot of face to face for those that really need seen, the days of being seen face to face for athlete's foot are gone.

Also please remember that  secondary care i.e hospitals are not seeing our referrals as quickly meaning primary care I.e. your gp practice are having to deal with all these complex cases, as well as all other demands.   Also take into account the mental health explosion, increased staff absence due to isolating, low mood etc then I reckon we're doing not too bad.   I can tell you that GP practices are busier than ever and the staff are ran fucking ragged.

Furthermore there isn't exactly a plethora of GPs in the first place before the pandemic began as its an incredibly demanding stressful post.  We're fire fighting and doing our best in difficult circumstances.

I tell you if they take us offline for a couple of weeks to role out a virus then f**k knows what the fall out will be, actually I do, a bad outcome for our patients.  I'd be more than happy to jab folk for a couple of weeks instead of the stress fest that is GP land these days.  Incidentally it takes about five minutes to train someone how to give a jab so hopefully they can role out a quick training scheme for this.

But yup we're doing f**k all mate, oops have to dash it's my turn at the roulette wheel.

Dunno what its like at your end but my GP experience a few months back of phoning the practice and getting a call back 2 hours later to discuss the issue is a million times better for me than waiting 2 weeks or phoning up at 8am pretending to be at deaths door.

Hopefully distanced appointments for those who want it can continue 

47 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It's good to see we've moved on from obsessing about the sex lives of various strangers whilst ensuring a prevailing hostility remains. 

It's a well known fact that everyone who disagrees with a squad of middle aged men about the best course of action during a global pandemic isn't getting any ass.

27 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Dunno what its like at your end but my GP experience a few months back of phoning the practice and getting a call back 2 hours later to discuss the issue is a million times better for me than waiting 2 weeks or phoning up at 8am pretending to be at deaths door.

Hopefully distanced appointments for those who want it can continue 

Me too, 5 minute phonecall at home beats half an hour trying to find a parking space at Raigmore and traipsing down miles of corridors trying to find where your appointment's supposed be and waiting an hour for it to happen. I can understand why it's not always appropriate though.

It is very, very bizarre that a group of middle-aged mean in jeans & sheux (Superdry bootcuts at that) are the ones throwing about the ‘virgin’ insults. 

‘YOUVE NOT FATHERED ANY CHILDREN HAHAHA REKT’.

The Jeans and sheux crew: 

02143545-09ED-4310-83D1-D3C5F7431991.thumb.jpeg.b2a30e8b47cce57f758fb34d30b151ad.jpeg

Everyone else who doesn’t have a frumpy old wife:

image.png.f5b5c9dcc0881a54a50eafa51ad13dc5.pngimage.png.4590942e6a27db0a9a589e461710fe6b.pngE4A5AA6B-032A-4EDF-9520-8105383A5C5B.png.44215727b7b337bc5d1e190071d53379.png268705B6-EA45-4486-8BB9-544EA60E7EA9.png.5c0cd56e3414956262ae33301ba095a5.png

ECF6A9B6-A8B9-4FE7-8DFF-B43662374C3D.gif.4a77aca981237e89c85d296fe9e13980.gif

3 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Gp practices are doing nothing mate, we go in and play twister, charades and poker all day  while laughing at nobody getting in.

You may have noticed that there is a global pandemic going on, health boards and SG advices were for us to  move to video consults and over the telephone with minimal face to face contact.

Now my practice and many others are still seeing a lot of face to face for those that really need seen, the days of being seen face to face for athlete's foot are gone.

Also please remember that  secondary care i.e hospitals are not seeing our referrals as quickly meaning primary care I.e. your gp practice are having to deal with all these complex cases, as well as all other demands.   Also take into account the mental health explosion, increased staff absence due to isolating, low mood etc then I reckon we're doing not too bad.   I can tell you that GP practices are busier than ever and the staff are ran fucking ragged.

Furthermore there isn't exactly a plethora of GPs in the first place before the pandemic began as its an incredibly demanding stressful post.  We're fire fighting and doing our best in difficult circumstances.

I tell you if they take us offline for a couple of weeks to role out a virus then f**k knows what the fall out will be, actually I do, a bad outcome for our patients.  I'd be more than happy to jab folk for a couple of weeks instead of the stress fest that is GP land these days.  Incidentally it takes about five minutes to train someone how to give a jab so hopefully they can role out a quick training scheme for this.

But yup we're doing f**k all mate, oops have to dash it's my turn at the roulette wheel.

Why would the doctor look at your face if you've athletes's foot?